• 105 results
#51 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10064 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope lol, too lazy.

#52 Edited by Wolverine08 (42244 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas:

Frankly, no. I think I'm holding myself back in life.

#53 Edited by GreenLanternHalJordan (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still waiting for an alien to crash and give me my ring.

#54 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, heck no.

#55 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

no, i wish i was.

#56 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

A cat.

#57 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

-I wish I was a little bit taller

-I wish I was a baller

-I wish I had a girl who looked good so I could call her

-I wish I had a rabbit in a hat in the back of a '64 Impala

#58 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had been a good little girl you all would be reading comics drawn by me.

Now you'll just have to wait a little longer before you'll get to do so.

#59 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, I'm pretty awesome :p

#60 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7846 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish I would have taken school more seriously.

#62 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (14465 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.

Grant Morrison

I think this has relevance to this thread after reading some of the post, we admire superheroes because they are what we wish we could be.

#64 Edited by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: @mynamewasdeleted: @manchine: @the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: @mynamewasdeleted: @joygirl: @the_last_son_of_czarnia: @soa: @wolverine08: @rulerofthisuniverse: @abocado: @omnicrono: @granitesoldier: @mega_spidey01: @anywhichwaybutup: @camera_guy: @supernategames:

@the_pain said:

@overlordarhas: Do you think you are living your life to the fullest?

I do not think so, there are so many thing I wish to do. BTW, great question.

What do you guys think if ask the same question (Do you think you are living your life to the fullest?)?

The fullest what? Have I done everything on my check list... heck no. Have I done half I would say yes.

#65 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by sousukesagara (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Not joining ComicVine till now. Glad to be here.

#68 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

If i could go back in time i;d slap myself every time he..i did something stupid, it probably mutilate myself, since stupidity is a common friend of mine.

i'd change a lot of stuff.

#69 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone is who they are right now because that is how life works -- some decisions work out, others don't and also, situations occur in life that are out of your control which mold and/or take you in a direction never thought of or intended. And? So what? Shoulda, woulda, coulda. This is what living is.

Sure we sit back and wait for life to come at us and sure, we kick ourselves for the time wasted when we did that (or are still doing that or will do that) but that's okay. That's part of it too -- that thing, you know -- living. Wishing for being someone other than who you are now (or become) is the same as wishing for wishing's sake. We do not "become" anyone, we are just who we are. I just am. And that will change too.

Way too much pressure and focus on regrets rather than the good that's happened, is happening and will happen. No, I don't mean we could have been born in a country where our life expectancy is forty or fifty (although, you know...it IS true), I mean -- do the best you can as the person you are now. I see no problem with complaining -- I think people should complain more about themselves (that's key -- don't complain about external forces because there isn't anything you can do about those) and if one day, you are fed up and want to make a change, then have at it. Either way, you don't become anything -- you are already who you are going to be. The cool thing is the longer you live, the more that's going to change too.

Yes, we are all stupid/smart, lazy/productive, selfish/giving, poor/rich, sick/healthy, tall/short, fat/thin etc., etc. So? It's not like we can pick and choose all of those -- somethings we are born with, others we can achieve and yes, some are just thrown at us. We are all fine -- time has taught me things can change or not change but for everything not in our control, there is enough that is and it's that bit we can take ownership of and hopefully, it'll work out. If not -- meh -- there's more opportunity out there.

There is no race -- no missed chances, not really. All we can do is be a little more alert for when another opportunity comes up (or go looking for it -- whatever) and see what happens. The que sera, sera effect. Whatever will be, will...just be.

#70 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis:

Didn't read, but gives you a muffin ^-^

#71 Posted by camera_guy (233 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, not even a percent. The number of things I have done outnumbers the things I want to do.

@lykopis:

If she does not want it, give it to me please. :)

#72 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7818 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by Abocado (666 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by TheDarkDaredevil (554 posts) - - Show Bio

"If I could start again,

A million miles away,

I would keep myself,

I would find a way"

What have I become

My sweetest friend

Everyone I know goes away

In the end

And you could have it all

My empire of dirt

I will let you down

I will make you hurt

#75 Posted by TheDarkDaredevil (554 posts) - - Show Bio

Smartest man in the world level 12

#76 Posted by GreenLanternHalJordan (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowswordmaster said:

@greenlanternhaljordan said:

I'm still waiting for an alien to crash and give me my ring.

Nice.

It already crashed and I have it already

Hehehehehehe!

After I saw this a red ring burst through my window muttering something about great rage in my heart.

#77 Posted by Oscuro (1080 posts) - - Show Bio

at the end of the day, even if i fixed all the mistakes i've made, new ones would just arise to take their place. life sucks and we cant help f-cking up at one point or another.

#78 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, not even a percent. The number of things I have done outnumbers the things I want to do.

@fuchsia_nightingale said:

@lykopis:

If she does not want it, give it to me please. :)

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu! I want it!!!!

Nah, I can share. It's too delicious not to if it came from Fuchsia. :)

@mynamewasdeleted said:

"If I could start again,

A million miles away,

I would keep myself,

I would find a way"

What have I become

My sweetest friend

Everyone I know goes away

In the end

And you could have it all

My empire of dirt

I will let you down

I will make you hurt

I love Johnny Cash's version. Just. Love.

#79 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7784 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: @mynamewasdeleted: @manchine: @the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: @mynamewasdeleted: @joygirl: @the_last_son_of_czarnia: @soa: @wolverine08: @rulerofthisuniverse: @abocado: @omnicrono: @granitesoldier: @mega_spidey01: @anywhichwaybutup: @camera_guy: @supernategames:

@the_pain said:

What do you guys think if ask the same question (Do you think you are living your life to the fullest?)?

Simply put, yes. Live for the moment. Not the future or the past. This moment is all you have, and the next may never come.

#80 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

I really thought I'd have made a bit more money.

#81 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33426 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing I regret about my past is the length of it. If I had to live my life again I'd make all the same mistakes - only sooner.

- Tallulah Bankhead

#82 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#83 Posted by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas said:

@the_pain said:

Simply put, yes. Live for the moment. Not the future or the past. This moment is all you have, and the next may never come.

No disrespect intended, but isn't this the ideal mindset of terminally ill persons?

#84 Posted by russellmania77 (15370 posts) - - Show Bio

ur mom

#85 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

To anyone who will listen,

Understand that it is not my intention to sound "preachy" with this, or force my beliefs on anyone. So forgive me in advance if it comes across that way. You don't have to believe everything (or anything) that I believe, or vice versa, in order to find truth in the message.

I just want you to know that God loves you.

If there are moments and choices in your life that you regret (we all have them), and that has placed a heavy burden on you that you can never seem to overcome, please know that you can go to God and He will gladly take all you burdens and make you into the best possible version of you that you could ever hope to be.

And the truly awesome thing? That "best possible version of you" is simply the REAL you. That's it! It's the person that you are deep inside, the one you were always meant to be and that God created you to be.

We get weighed down with such heavy burdens, regrets, guilt, shame... and all of it keeps us chained (metaphorically) and living in the past, and prevents us from truly moving forward with our lives. Well, you can move on.

You may not believe in God, and that is completely up to you. I am not saying that you have to, and I will not judge you. But know that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit, loves you. You can go to Him. He will forgive you. He will take your burdens.

My friend, I promise you this.

Grace and peace in Christ,

Jake

beautiful this "... the truly awesome thing? That "best possible version of you" is simply the REAL you. That's it! It's the person that you are deep inside, the one you were always meant to be and that God created you to be."

love you for saying this, it is the best thing I have heard anyone say about being true to yourself- inspiring

thank you

#86 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll will this much i am trying to be optimistic towards the future. i hope to be a better person.

#87 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

ur mom

Huh? Can you elaborate?

I thought you will say BATMAN LOLZ

#88 Posted by sousukesagara (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Too much OPTIMISM is dangerous, the world is not made of Sugar and Spice.

#89 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

Too much OPTIMISM is dangerous, the world is not made of Sugar and Spice.

Agree

#90 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

"Always be yourself.

Unless you can be Batman.

Then be Batman."

#91 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm being myself,i am the person i want to be.being honest I dont want to be rich and i dont need richness,all i need is immortality for me and my loved ones!

ur mom

Srsly?

#92 Edited by Omnicrono (1832 posts) - - Show Bio

@mynamewasdeleted: I hope that it will be an encouragement to others as well. And you are most welcome. :)

#93 Posted by Pyrogram (38419 posts) - - Show Bio

Strongest version of myself I guess.

#94 Posted by Black_Arrow (3137 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#95 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

"Always be yourself.

Unless you can be Batman.

Then be Batman."

Batman

So many people wants to be Batman, guess he is the only Superhero who is not outside our reach.

#96 Posted by PartialSanity (433 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy just the way I am. I've made plenty of mistakes in my life and have experienced certain things that weigh on me at times. Despite that, I wouldn't have it any other way. Everything I've done and everything that's happened has made me into exactly who I am today, and I wouldn't trade that for anything else. I only worry about the choices I will make tomorrow, and how it will affect my future.

#97 Edited by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: there is no lost possibility. You can start today and be the person you want to be tomorrow. Character wise naturally. The rest comes from itself.

#98 Edited by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: there is no lost possibility. You can start today and be the person you want to be tomorrow. Character wise naturally. The rest comes from itself.

We live in the world in which if you want something you must sacrifice something in return, you cannot have you're cake and eat it at the same time.

#99 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: exactly. Knowing this, you should be able to see that in sacrificing (what you know you would before hand) you made the step in a right direction. And it should be only the first of many to come since you don't stop there but keep doing so until you die, that is what it means to be what you want to be.

#100 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: exactly. Knowing this, you should be able to see that in sacrificing (what you know you would before hand) you made the step in a right direction. And it should be only the first of many to come since you don't stop there but keep doing so until you die, that is what it means to be what you want to be.

Does not work that way, in making a decision, there are too many variable to consider. You may overlook an important factor leading to a faulty one. Once you make the faulty decision, you forgo of the correct one, worse if it is the type that is irreversible.