• 104 results
#1 Posted by i_like_swords (13898 posts) - - Show Bio

Just list and post anything and everything you would buy if you won the lottery. We'll assume this is such a large amount of money that there is no risk of running out.

I'd buy:

• Loads of katanas
  • Every gaming platform and loads of games
  • Every comic I can think of
  • Every movie I can think of
  • Loads of childhood toys and collectibles like yugioh cards and RC cars and toy dinosaurs and WWE action figures with props and you get the idea
  • A big house and cars and what not
  • A personal gym
  • The best personal training money can buy
  • A 9000ft diamond dildo
#2 Edited by russellmania77 (14863 posts) - - Show Bio

everything

#3 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16333 posts) - - Show Bio

A car and a house would be at the top of my list.

#4 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

More lottery tickets.

#5 Posted by Joygirl (19325 posts) - - Show Bio

The house I've always wanted. Pay expensive artists to draw my own comics and make my own comic company. Three to five scantily-clad japanese maids. Endless amounts of awesome clothes. Top of the line food. A personal gym. A chauffer. A personal library with everything I want. A tippity-top of the line laptop computer. Couple games consoles and a pile of games. Yeah it'd be good to be me.

#6 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

Comicvine.

#7 Edited by russellmania77 (14863 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by boschePG (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

a house and a car.

most people do go back to their normal income cuz of all the hidden stuff to come along with it. You want to help close friends and family but you dont know that if you outsource more than 5.1 million in a year that you are taxed an additional 15%. Stuff like that ads up

#9 Edited by consolemaster001 (5160 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Japanese TRANNY maids right ?

#10 Posted by Bruxae (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

Id get a drivers license and a car, then a house, new clothes, upgrade my computer. Then id probably save the rest or maybe travel some.

#11 Posted by longbowhunter (7038 posts) - - Show Bio

Disappear

#12 Posted by Cloakx14 (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

make an investment into something to keep myself rich, so i dont go broke.

#13 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Give it to people that need it. Then, move far and away from society

#14 Posted by Joygirl (19325 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001: Eh, y'know, whatever. Maybe a good mix. Also tranny is a slur, in case you were not aware.

#15 Posted by consolemaster001 (5160 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont need, or want, a whole lot; I'd still live in my house, just maybe add another floor, and/or a basement; make my own modest personal theatre; substantially expand my monthly pull list; get an economically sound car; buy the best gaming PC and Laptop, but keep either of them around $12000-$15000; get all gaming consoles that i dont alread have, and the games that i want; buy a modest, but nice vacation home in San Diego, California, some place quiet in North of England, and a home in Florence, Italy. I'd invest in wineries...then I'd retire, and work on my writing. That's about it....oh, and vacations, I'd go on a lot of them.

Most importantly, i would put the bulk of my money in off-shore, Swiss bank accounts, mutual funds, IRAs (ROTH), CD's and various savings accounts. And, i suppose i would hire an accountant, one that i can trust. Luckily my friend from college is a bit of guru in that regard. Unluckily, is that this, most likely, will never happen. lol

And, DONT BE A FOOL!!! TAKE THE 30 YEAR ANNUITY!!!!! It keeps you in a lower tax bracket, and you get nearly the full amount of the winnings. If you take the LSP (Lump Sum Payout), you lose a minimum of 30% of the winnings right out of the gate, as well as put yourself into a very high tax bracket where you pay gracious amounts of that wonderfully won money, annually. And the money you pay back, just goes back to the state that gave you the winnings.

#17 Edited by RomulusAugustus (270 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd buy DC and do their books right. The Red Lanterns would be so awesome if I wrote them. Scratch that. Electric Boomerang.

#18 Edited by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio
  • I'd buy my mom a house, so she could retire.
  • Pay off my house.
  • Pay off other debts.
  • Take a vacation with the wifey.
  • After that, who knows. I probably would go back to school like Michael Nicholson, the 71 year old man with 29 college degrees (as of June 2012). I always loved learning and it would be nice to do it because I like it, rather than because I need it to make a decent living. A career student... now that does sound nice.
#19 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I would buy an Exo-skeleton suit and loads of swords and katanas.

#20 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I would buy an Exo-skeleton suit and loads of swords and katanas.

I don't want to rain on your parade but current exoskeleton suits look and perform like crap.

#21 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

A house for myself, my father and my mother, and put the rest in investments and savings after using an allotted amount of some fun and charity.

#24 Edited by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: What kind of charity? If you don't mind me asking.

#25 Edited by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Well I think it's cool anyway lol. Wish I had thought of that.

#27 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio
  • A new house somewhere in Florida
  • A wrestling company (I'd be starting a new one)
  • Various comics
  • Various video games
  • DC Comics (I don't even want the thing, I'd simply fire the people currently running it)

All I can think of right now.

#28 Edited by Rouflex (17034 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Buy Fawcett Publications rights/Dc Comics and pay someone to make a Captain Shazam tittle, on the same occasion i could create a new Comic Universe
  • Invessments
  • I dont need a house but i would probably buy a car
  • Publish my books
  • Charity
#30 Posted by MonsterStomp (16719 posts) - - Show Bio

A 1.7 mile diamond dildo? Is that even PG?

#31 Posted by Deadite (23139 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Become a full time writer.
  2. Sign some morbid documents, pull a few strings and sneak some people into cryogenic chambers. Jk.
  3. Have my dream underground bunker built, with self-sufficient greenhouse, farm animals, water supply. Call it Deadite's Ark.

#33 Posted by MonsterStomp (16719 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. I'd buy this awesome Dodge Viper I saw on The Dilemma.
  2. I'd buy a house down the coast with a beautiful view.
  3. Upgrade everything in my house (television, computer, couch, etc).
#34 Edited by Chibi_cute (4509 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8063 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Chibi_cute (4509 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8063 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by Xwraith (16900 posts) - - Show Bio

All the comics, movies and games I've been planning on getting.

A full-scale X-wing.

Everyone else is saying "a bunch of katanas," and while they are indeed awesome, I'd rather have a Celtic sword (that's my Irish pride talking).

A bow and arrows worthy of Oliver Queen.

I'd get my family's house repaired and I'd probably donate the rest.

#39 Edited by Rouflex (17034 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot, 1 Épée Napoléonienne (Big Waste of Cash)

#40 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Them ho*s I never had

Every shoe from Yeezy and a lot of J's

Also spend alot of time at K.O.D.

Blow a 100 million just to say I did it for the thrills

(Id have enough to recover)

Travel

#41 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone is buying DC with lottery winnings. That company makes hundreds of millions of dollars per year.

#42 Edited by Rouflex (17034 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Rouflex (17034 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone is buying DC with lottery winnings. That company makes hundreds of millions of dollars per year.

He didnt state how much we would get.

... We'll assume this is such a large amount of money...

#44 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex: It's the lottery. When has any lottery been anywhere near enough to buy the DC Comics company?

#45 Edited by TheCheeseStabber (8063 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Rouflex (17034 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex said:

@khan_noonien_singh said:

@rouflex: It's the lottery. When has any lottery been anywhere near enough to buy the DC Comics company?

Lottery of Earth...

Then why stop at simply buying DC Comics when you can just buy the Earth and control everything and everyone on it?

#48 Posted by Rouflex (17034 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex said:

@khan_noonien_singh said:

Lottery of Earth...

Then why stop at simply buying DC Comics when you can just buy the Earth and control everything and everyone on it?

Because intergalactic Lotteries doesnt exist yet/ I cant buy a ticket since i dont know the existence of that lottery.

Any question?

#49 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex: But if you have infinite money, then you can buy every nation on the planet and everything on it. If countries are for sale, then the people that live in those countries would also be your playthings.

#50 Edited by TheCheeseStabber (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex: Then you would have no signatures :P