• 157 results
#51 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

*face palm*

For f##ks sake.

#52 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: I'm from Canada, buddy. The last thing that goes through my mind is guns. I'm also non-violent, so I would rather talk my way out of a situation than throw a punch. Stop pretending like you know anything about the law. I'm going to assume you're in high school.

#53 Edited by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy said:

@johnnygat said:

If he is declared innocent I'll be grabbing my popcorn

I'm going to grab my 12 gauge and dare anyone to try and break into my house.

That is, if all the idiots out there decide to riot.

If they decided to riot, why would they be idiots?

#54 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam:

Out of high school, good to know you assume. I wouldn't be surprised, I figured it would be in your nature.

As I said, I know about the law. The law goes to extreme point sometimes. You believe people being trigger happy is civilized. Keep it up. If you're so "non-violent", you'd also see the flaw in said laws. Apparently, you don't.

As said, trial will show everything. The after effects of the trial will also be something of mentioning. We'll see. Either way, something tells me that "Defend Your Ground" law, is going to be suspected a bit.

#55 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: You look at the world differently than I do. You think of how it should be, while I think of how it is. It's a cruel and complicated place. I'm going to apologize for being harsh, I had a pretty stressful day. I respect that you have your opinion. Unfortunitely, I have to disagree with you because I know how the world works. I know how the law works. Regardless of how it should be, it just is. I'm not changing your mind and you're not changing mine. We'll agree to disagree. Hope there's no hard feelings. I'd rather make friends than enemies.

#56 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam:

That's fair. I'm just pretty strict with my opinion.

I didn't mean to be as harsh either. Hopefully, we can put all of that aside. Let me also be fair. You see the world within the law, and that's how it should be. You know the law, as do I. Except, I tend to disagree with the limitations the law sets for people, and what it allows already.

I see some things as corrupt, and my own opinion will tend to show against those laws. You have the right idea. I've just seen, heard, and been in situations where the law is completely unhelpful.

#57 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: You just said you were from Canada, so out of curiosity are you basing this off the Canadian legal system? As for understanding of the law, no offense meant, but I may have more than you since I have two sisters that are law school graduates who I have actually discussed this case with.

In Florida the stand your ground law also allows acting out of self defense if you feel your life is in danger. Zimmerman disobeyed what the cops told him to do, they told him to stay put and not follow him. Listening to the police call you can clearly see that Zimmerman has already made up his mind that this kid (he was sixteen) was up to know good. Simply for walking late at night. As for who was on top, it is entirely possible that Zimmerman attacked first but due to Trayvon's being in better shape, ending up on top.

I'm just curious are you defending him from a legal standpoint or something else. Because the fact is he shot and killed a sixteen year old kid, that is not in dispute in the slightest, so he is in fact guilty of murder whether he is found that way legally is a different matter entirely. He was following Trayvon who had broken no laws and wasn't doing anything wrong. If you are a member of the neighborhood watch you are not supposed to pursue a suspect in the first place, just report it. He wasn't excepted as a cop when he did apply. That alone says something about his character to me, the fact that he wasn't allowed in because of not passing the psych profile is a glaring red flag to me. That doesn't mean he is mentally ill just that his motives or desire for joining the police force are some what suspect. The most common way of not passing this is because it seems that the person in question has more of a predilection for the "action" aspect of it rather then actually the upholding the law or protecting people part.

And again he shot a kid who he was pursuing without any just cause simply because he looked suspicious, ignored the police he called telling him not to follow. Could have Trayvon handled the situation better? Hell yes he should of called the police himself, but he is the one that ended up dead on a sidewalk because he fought a man who was following him which would be frightening to many people.

Here's the phone call, it definitely reflects on the type of guy he was in my opinion,

#58 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

When the lead investigator says the dude is innocent...ugh

#59 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13: I'm basing my argument off Florida law. Sixteen or not, Trayvon attacked Zimmerman. Zimmerman doesn't have to listen to the dispatcher. There's no law that states he could not pursue Martin. There's no debate here. Zimmerman is innocent and he will walk.

#60 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure of two things.

1. Either way, this is going to cause an uproar. A chain of events as well. Guilty, or non-guilty, things are going to spark up because of this. Things already have.

2. I feel bad for both families at this point.

#61 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@vortex13: I'm basing my argument off Florida law. Sixteen or not, Trayvon attacked Zimmerman. Zimmerman doesn't have to listen to the dispatcher. There's no law that states he could not pursue Martin. There's no debate here. Zimmerman is innocent and he will walk.

There clearly is a debate here actually since it has gone to trial, again all the facts and evidence have not come to light yet. Honestly you really are jumping the gun on this, the trial is still going on it's up to a Jury to decide the verdict not us, it's up to the lawyers to make their case. It is never as clear cut and simple as you are making it out to be, it's still not even clear if Treyvon was the initial attacker yet you seem to think that issue is already settled which it is not. The trial is still going on. to state he is innocent with such assurance as you is I don't want to be rude but it is actually quite naive as to how the legal system works. That's why there are juries, it's up to the lawyers to make a case for each side then the jury looks at the facts and decides. At least that's what it is in theory, but people have opinions they have past experiences, plus Zimmerman doesn't really have the best lawyer.

As for no law saying you can't pursue someone, that's actually not entirely accurate. Stalking people is illegal and that is essentially pursuing someone. I'm not saying Zimmerman was in violation of that law just pointing it out. However if you are a member of the neighborhood watch you are specifically told that you are not supposed to pursue a suspect. He ignored that, yes he didn't have to do as the police told him, but taking a police officers advice is usually a good idea. He may get off I agree, but the guy is clearly not remorseful for what he did. I understand what you are saying about Trayvon attacking first, but that is still not completely clear if he did or did not. The law is no where near as simple and clear cut as you seem to believe it is.

#62 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13: Every bit of evidence points towards Martin being the attacker. The prosicution has nothing. There is actually no debate here. The only reason this went on so long is because the trial is bias. They haven't brought up anything against Trayvon. They made a huge deal about Zimmerman saying "asshole", but it's no problem when Trayvon refers to him as "creepy _____ cracker". This trial is a massive waste of time. I side with the law.

#63 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7856 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

@johnnygat said:

It's a riot. Running around damaging people properties and getting innocent people who have nothing to do with the trial hurt, causing police to use force (which will cause more bitching and crying), and just running around acting like a bunch of hooligans. I can understand someone being upset that the verdict goes against what they believe to what really happened, but to take it to the streets and cause mayhem and endanger peoples lives is not the way to go. So don't bring that crap to my doorstep.

Riots are never good.

#64 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

If Zimmerman is acquitted, these poorer black communities will hold it as further proof that the rest of the country is out to get them. It's not politically correct to say that, but if you have any remote familiarity with these neighborhoods and culture, you'll understand that's the kind of thinking that is encouraged. Not saying it's right or wrong. Just the way it is.

#65 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

*Sigh* I don't understand why you are so defensive of Zimmerman. It's not like he's this wrongly convicted hero. Trayvon did absolutely nothing illegal, he was on his way home from a store, and Zimmerman followed him against the polices orders, which you're right he didn't have to obey. But Treyvon was not some guilty gang banger or thug, he was a highschooler on the football team. You can side with the law that's fine, but it isn't decided by the books it's decided by a jury. I'm going to quote a line from an episode of homicide (the most underrated cop show ever) in regards to the scenario a man had killed a teenager who he thought was dangerous. He got off and the court cheered and the cop that happened to be that mans cousin said to his partner that worked the case and says "hey no hard feelings". The cop responded "you know what I saw in there? I saw a group of people cheering about a innocent dead boy".

So taking the law out of it, an innocent person is dead. Regardless of what is decided, people seem to be not acknowledging that aspect. It has no legal baring on this case what so ever I know, it should still be kept in mind to me though.

#66 Edited by loganchild (43 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

The world will go on as it did with the o.j. Simpson case and casey anthony cases....

#68 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4 said:

@king_saturn said:

I will tell you exactly what's gonna happen...

If Zimmerman is found Innocent then Abunchaniggaz are gonna go Crazy and turn Florida inside out.

Are you black or something, or do you just feel cool on the internet?

But anyway to everyone else, this trial isn't gonna hurt anyone more than Martin's parents. How would you feel if your child was killed and the murderer was let go? That would be the worse feeling ever!!

Why can't it be both ? Why can't I be black and feel cool on the internet ? Why would you want to feel uncomfortable on the internet anyways ?

Absolutely you can my ni-FRIEND! I was going to say friend!

#69 Posted by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

@king_saturn said:

@cybrilious4 said:

@king_saturn said:

I will tell you exactly what's gonna happen...

If Zimmerman is found Innocent then Abunchaniggaz are gonna go Crazy and turn Florida inside out.

Are you black or something, or do you just feel cool on the internet?

But anyway to everyone else, this trial isn't gonna hurt anyone more than Martin's parents. How would you feel if your child was killed and the murderer was let go? That would be the worse feeling ever!!

Why can't it be both ? Why can't I be black and feel cool on the internet ? Why would you want to feel uncomfortable on the internet anyways ?

Absolutely you can my ni-FRIEND! I was going to say friend!

ha ha ha

#70 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

I can only imagine.

#71 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13: He attacked Zimmerman. Martin is far from innocent. I wouldn't be surprised if he had something to do with the neighborhood robberies. I'm not sure what kind of morals you have, but you're defending assault. Zimmerman did the right thing defending himself. I don't care what he did. Point is that he defended himself.

#72 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he had something to do with the neighborhood robberies.

You're asking for trouble with this.

#73 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@vortex13: He attacked Zimmerman. Martin is far from innocent. I wouldn't be surprised if he had something to do with the neighborhood robberies. I'm not sure what kind of morals you have, but you're defending assault. Zimmerman did the right thing defending himself. I don't care what he did. Point is that he defended himself.

....I.. you know what, I'm done. You thinking like that just... unbelievable...

#74 Edited by Bogey (946 posts) - - Show Bio

Some black people will riot due to their racist inclinations towards white people.

#75 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: @vortex13: I said I wouldn't surprised. Not sure how that's bad, but this debate was senseless to begin with.

#76 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: It wasn't senseless, you are just so set in your belief, and defend Zimmerman as a person not just in a legal sense. He was stalking this kid simply because he "looked suspicious" if I were in Trayvon's place I'd worried about someone following me too, he reacted poorly but he was being followed by someone he didn't know who was watching him on his way home. And then you insinuate that he could of actually had something to do with the robberies by stating you wouldn't be surprised if he was involved. What exactly makes you think that he could of been involved? There is absolutely no evidence of that and the cops don't even consider it a possibility either. Yet you wouldn't be surprised if he was... Don't you think if it was a possibility the defense would be playing that up big time?

#77 Posted by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

@johnnygat said:

It's a riot. Running around damaging people properties and getting innocent people who have nothing to do with the trial hurt, causing police to use force (which will cause more bitching and crying), and just running around acting like a bunch of hooligans. I can understand someone being upset that the verdict goes against what they believe to what really happened, but to take it to the streets and cause mayhem and endanger peoples lives is not the way to go. So don't bring that crap to my doorstep.

Riots are never good.

Yeah, but being overcome with emotion like anger over perceived injustice can cause that sort of thing. Doesn't make you an idiot. Though, emotion naturally overrides higher cognitive functions.

I think you just can't see it properly from their point of view.

#78 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

No matter what the verdict is, a sect of people will be pissed off and it will be fun to watch happen.

#79 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer: Rioting isn't a good thing, even when there is just cause for it.

#80 Posted by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

I don't think I ever disagreed with this when the other user said it.

#81 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4806 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing.

Half the people don't know what's going on

a quarter don't care (they have their own problems)

half of a quarter aren't willing to do anything EDIT: as in they don't know what to do exactly.

and the last half of the last quarter want Zimmerman to be found innocent

Just Saying

In my opinon

but what do I know *shrugs*

( + )

#82 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

@vortex13 said:

Yeah you didn't, sorry. I understand what you mean though about it being an explosion of emotions and I agree they are not all necessarily idiots they just kind of loose their minds from extreme rage for awhile. *Shrugs* It happens.

#83 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Those against the decision will calmly discuss it in civil manners with those who uphold it. Those who supported the decision will be humble and gracious and equally civil in any further deliberation. Also: I'm dating Adrianna Lima and recently purchased a Rolls-Royce Phantom with cash.

#84 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

No matter what the verdict is, a sect of people will be pissed off and it will be fun to watch happen.

If the verdict is innocent I'll riot in my very predominantly white neighborhood where pretty much everyone knows who everyone is and some neighbors will just think "what the hell is (insert my name here) doing" And the rest well say "For f##k's sake! This is the third time this week!"

#85 Posted by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

@jezer said:

@vortex13 said:

Yeah you didn't, sorry. I understand what you mean though about it being an explosion of emotions and I agree they are not all necessarily idiots they just kind of loose their minds from extreme rage for awhile. *Shrugs* It happens.

Yep exactly.

*tips hat*

#86 Posted by Wolverine08 (42426 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7856 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

@jezer said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

@johnnygat said:

Riots are never good.

Yeah, but being overcome with emotion like anger over perceived injustice can cause that sort of thing. Doesn't make you an idiot. Though, emotion naturally overrides higher cognitive functions.

Anyone who is overcome with so much emotions that they turn to the streets and start going crazy is an idiot. IMO.

#88 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise: Why a Rolls-Royce Phantom? Don't you want something that goes weally weally fast. Howsabout the flash with a saddle? Wait... would that be slavery?

#89 Posted by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

@jezer said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

@johnnygat said:

Riots are never good.

Anyone who is overcome with so much emotions that they turn to the streets and start going crazy is an idiot. IMO.

Your sentence is contradictory.

#90 Edited by JulieDC (957 posts) - - Show Bio

Won't be a shocker if he is found "innocent" given this is Florida, the same state where a black woman (Marissa Alexander) was sentenced to 20 years for giving a warning shot to her abusive husband (no deaths, no injuries). The justice system in this country is backwards and as corrupt as the police force.

#91 Posted by SOG7dc (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

Itd be an ct of injustice. If George zimmerman was black and trayvon was white he'd already be rotting in prison. But is it really that crazy that in Florida a white man would go free after killing a black teenager? I've been watching the trial and me and my family think the prosecution is throwing the case. Either that or they're just really really bad at their jobs

#92 Posted by Bogey (946 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

Itd be an ct of injustice. If George zimmerman was black and trayvon was white he'd already be rotting in prison. But is it really that crazy that in Florida a white man would go free after killing a black teenager? I've been watching the trial and me and my family think the prosecution is throwing the case. Either that or they're just really really bad at their jobs

Zimmerman is identified as Hispanic.

I seriously have to laugh at anyone gets emotionally involved in this case.

#93 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13: He was apparently standing and staring at the houses. I don't know, it was out of spite. I was tired and I was really stressed. Had I not been, I probably wouldn't have gotten into the argument. I'm actually not defending Zimmerman like you think I am. Evidence points to Trayvon being the innitial attacker. Zimmerman shot him in self-defense. I'm defending self-defense.

#94 Edited by SOG7dc (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

@bogey: ? Whatever dude. Laugh at whatever you want to laugh at

#95 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

The skies will blacken. Flames will reign from the clouds. And the streets, will run red with the blood of Sean "Diddy" Combs.

#96 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

I watch these things anymore just to be an onlooker. No one is ever right or wrong in these trials in the eyes of our mostly moronic society. If we're honest we're all secretly looking forward to the fallout. Why do you think every channel on TV was showing the riots that went on after the Rodney King incident? People like seeing the world burn. Part of me hopes Zimmerman is somehow acquitted and half of the south goes up in flames.

#97 Posted by BadVoodoo (381 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast way to kickstart a murder trial.

#98 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

Rioting is idiotic.

I believe the reason both CNN and FOX are offering nearly wall-to-wall coverage of this trial when the recent Jodi Arias trial was only wall-to-wall on HLN is due to it's perceived racial implications.

#99 Posted by mikethekiller (8412 posts) - - Show Bio

He might get killed.

#100 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

The Anti-Christ will reveal himself and usher the world into an endless age of darkness.