• 61 results
#1 Edited by Hypnosis (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone is smart in something as there is stated to be 9 different types of intelligence. What type of intelligence are you? I would say mine would consist of interpersonal and musical intelligence. What about you guys?

1. Naturalistic Intelligence - Nature Smart - Human ability to discriminate among living things (plants, animals) and features of the natural world (clouds, rock configurations). This ability was clearly of value in our evolutionary past as hunters, gatherers, and farmers; it continues to be central in such roles as botanist or chef.

2. Musical Intelligence - Musical intelligence is the capacity to discern pitch, rhythm, timbre, and tone. This intelligence enables us to recognize, create, reproduce, and reflect on music, as demonstrated by composers, conductors, musicians, vocalist, and sensitive listeners.

3. Logical - Mathematical intelligence - Logical-mathematical intelligence is the ability to calculate, quantify, consider propositions and hypotheses, and carry out complete mathematical operations. It enables us to perceive relationships and connections and to use abstract, symbolic thought; sequential reasoning skills; and inductive and deductive thinking patterns. Logical intelligence is usually well developed in mathematicians, scientists, and detectives.

4. Existential Intelligence - Sensitivity and capacity to tackle deep questions about human existence, such as the meaning of life, why do we die, and how did we get here. Basically spiritual and religious intelligence.

5. Interpersonal Intelligence - Interpersonal intelligence is the ability to understand and interact effectively with others. It involves effective verbal and nonverbal communication, the ability to note distinctions among others, sensitivity to the moods and temperaments of others, and the ability to entertain multiple perspectives. Teachers, social workers, actors, and politicians all exhibit interpersonal intelligence.

6. Bodily - Kinesthetic Intelligence - Bodily kinesthetic intelligence is the capacity to manipulate objects and use a variety of physical skills. This intelligence also involves a sense of timing and the perfection of skills through mind–body union. Athletes, dancers, surgeons, and craftspeople exhibit well-developed bodily kinesthetic intelligence.

7. Linguistic Intelligence - Linguistic intelligence is the ability to think in words and to use language to express and appreciate complex meanings. Linguistic intelligence allows us to understand the order and meaning of words and to apply meta-linguistic skills to reflect on our use of language. Linguistic intelligence is the most widely shared human competence and is evident in poets, novelists, journalists, and effective public speakers.

8. Intra-personal Intelligence - Intra-personal intelligence is the capacity to understand oneself and one’s thoughts and feelings, and to use such knowledge in planning and directioning one’s life. Intra-personal intelligence involves not only an appreciation of the self, but also of the human condition. It is evident in psychologist, spiritual leaders, and philosophers.

9. Spatial Intelligence - Spatial intelligence is the ability to think in three dimensions. Core capacities include mental imagery, spatial reasoning, image manipulation, graphic and artistic skills, and an active imagination. Sailors, pilots, sculptors, painters, and architects all exhibit spatial intelligence.

#2 Posted by HumanRocket (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

8. Intra-personal Intelligence - Intra-personal intelligence is the capacity to understand oneself and one’s thoughts and feelings, and to use such knowledge in planning and directioning one’s life. Intra-personal intelligence involves not only an appreciation of the self, but also of the human condition. It is evident in psychologist, spiritual leaders, and philosophers.

#3 Posted by _Gaff_ (3761 posts) - - Show Bio

1. 4. and 8.

#4 Posted by Black_Arrow (3970 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by scorpion2501 (7390 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm the stupid kind of smart.

#7 Posted by The_Deathstroker (8023 posts) - - Show Bio

1, 5, 7, and 8.

#8 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

3. Logical - Mathematical intelligence

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35128 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Edited by swordmasterD (2354 posts) - - Show Bio

Existential and logical

#11 Posted by algorhythm511 (528 posts) - - Show Bio

3, 4, 7, 8, 9

#12 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say I got a little bit of everything, a little less of some and more of others.

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18790 posts) - - Show Bio

Intra-personal Intelligence

#14 Posted by Wolverine08 (45683 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Edited by The_Tree (7975 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say a large mixture of interpersonal, intra-personal, and linguistic.

#16 Posted by Wolverine08 (45683 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd also add linguistic intelligence. I've always been called loquacious.

#17 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

A little of 3, some of seven.... not much else.

I feel like I don't even understand myself lol. Maybe I'm stuck in a phase.

#18 Posted by MetalGOD (378 posts) - - Show Bio

1, 3, 6

#19 Posted by OmniBeast (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to be a downer or anything....

First I'll answer the question. 3/4/5/7/8 ... 9 debatable

Two, the idea of 9 intelligence is only a theory. There are multiple theories of how much types of intelligence there are.

I like this post though.

#20 Posted by Stevens61310 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had to choose--4,7,8.. With an emphasis on 4

#21 Posted by Jayc1324 (13485 posts) - - Show Bio

2-9

#22 Posted by lol (5388 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

3, 4, 7, 8

#24 Posted by ARMIV2 (8853 posts) - - Show Bio

4 and 9 with a lil' bit of 5 and 8.

#25 Posted by Ostyo (9827 posts) - - Show Bio

The smartest kind duh

#26 Posted by Perethorn (3795 posts) - - Show Bio

4, 6, 7, 8 and 9

#27 Posted by Jonez120 (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

2 and 3

#28 Posted by Spider-Man (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Since I use Google for everything I'm going to say Artificial Intelligence.

#29 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12479 posts) - - Show Bio

4 7 8

#30 Edited by Wolverine08 (45683 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo said:

The smartest kind duh

Pft.

#31 Edited by Wolverine08 (45683 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Perethorn (3795 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd probably say Interpersonal, Intra-personal, and Lingiuistic Intelligence.

#34 Posted by Black_Arrow (3970 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by Wolverine08 (45683 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

1, 4, 7, and 8.

#37 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8978 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say a combination of all except 2 and 7. 3, 6, and 9 are heavily used in my career.

#38 Posted by Eisenfauste (8930 posts) - - Show Bio

interpersonal.

#39 Posted by JediXMan (31313 posts) - - Show Bio

4, 5, 7, 8.

Basically, my talents lie in the areas of literature, writing, communications, philosophy, and history.

To a lesser extent: 2 and 3. I enjoy music and the many dimensions of it, but have no real ability to compose. I am good at math, yet I dislike it; I do, however, enjoy logic and reasoning in terms of philosophical situations.

#40 Edited by TDK_1997 (15089 posts) - - Show Bio

4,5 and 9.These three are my strongest areas of intelligence.

#41 Edited by BlackLegRaph (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

Artificial.

#42 Posted by Nia Wolf (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Naturalistic and Intra-personal Intelligence

#43 Posted by ComicStooge (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm bright. But I'm not any sort of smart.

#44 Posted by Wolverine08 (45683 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm bright. But I'm not any sort of smart.

Of course you aren't!

#45 Posted by ComicStooge (14026 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by Wolverine08 (45683 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by SuperDrummer (922 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly 2,3,6, and 8.

2 and 6 can be learned, and drumline has definitely helped with that.

3 I learned through my passion for the subject.

8 cause that comes as naturally as breathing.

#48 Edited by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

Linguistic/Intra-Personal/Spatial

#49 Edited by Cgoodness (6098 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm very edumacated :P

1, 4, 5, 6, 8

I watch a lot of Dog Whisperer, Dr.Phil, RiverMonsters, Jerry Springer, etc so I got a good idea how spiritual energy works and a decent understanding of the human mind

#50 Posted by Chibi_cute (4612 posts) - - Show Bio

4. Existential Intelligence - Sensitivity and capacity to tackle deep questions about human existence, such as the meaning of life, why do we die, and how did we get here. Basically spiritual and religious intelligence.

9. Spatial Intelligence - Spatial intelligence is the ability to think in three dimensions. Core capacities include mental imagery, spatial reasoning, image manipulation, graphic and artistic skills, and an active imagination. Sailors, pilots, sculptors, painters, and architects all exhibit spatial intelligence.