What the hell happened to Giant Bomb?

• 114 results
Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I used to hang out in GB once in a while, but... as of late, it seems to have been infested by SJW.

Anyone active in GB care to explain this? Because everyone there just became politically correct keyboard warriors.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never been to GB :I

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Bruh the whole internet is infested with SJWs now. Cant even go to a damn MK fan site n talk about MK without some SJW starting a flame war over some dumb sh** that doesn't really matter.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By frozen  Moderator
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 frozen  Moderator
Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Well sh!t. This is worse than I thought...

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's a SJW? (I'm too lazy to google).

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@albusan said:

Social Justice Warrior

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@albusan said:

Have you been on Comicvine's Off-Topic board within the last 6 months?

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sounds like a fab place to chill.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r: GB used to be cool. You know, no one complaining how Girl X in Video Game Y is too busty. These days a mention of 'Feminism' or 'Anita Sarkeesian' means at least one guy is gonna get banned.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

oh dude im gonna troll that site... SJW's are like clones... they all act the same

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: Good luck, all the mods there are SJW.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: There is a reason why they were targets of the Initial GG thing, and why they shut down topics immediately.

CV is more chill about that.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide: Only because we haven't started #ComicBookGate

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogueshadow  Moderator

Might join.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: it's called #comicgate and it existed briefly during the spider-woman fiasco, SJW hoes keep complaining so it rises again on the joker cover issue.

Unlike gamers though comic fans are fine with being put in the kitchen, no backbone.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide: I think it's because there aren't enough of people who read comics. We didn't have enough people to say #NotYourShield, but the gamers do.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: But we do have a long history of fans and subculture, sadly they are too open to changes or additions of other subcultures [SJW]

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro:

That's exactly what's happening at this Mortal Kombat site I go to, every day there is a new thread made about how come there are so many less females in the game than males, how come there's no gay/trans/bi characters, how come none of the males are sexualized, Jax is a racial stereotype, and plenty of debates about whether Jade is black or not its just non stop lol

Its funny because ill admit the females in the last game were really sexualized, but NRS obviously toned them down in this game, they made them less curvy and they show much less skin, and people still find something to complain about lol

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dextersinister

@blade_r:

Its funny because ill admit the females in the last game were really sexualized, but NRS obviously toned them down in this game, they made them less curvy and they show much less skin, and people still find something to complain about lol

Complaints are one thing, personally I prefer sexualized female characters in Mortal Kombat games over non, it's people that believe that there opinion are morally right which is the problem when it's all a matter of taste.

I don't buy MK so I have no say on what's in it but I reckon the same is true about most of the people saying that sexy female characters shouldn't be in it.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister:

Yeah the skimpy females in MK don't bother me, that's not really something I care about. I just find it funny that people want to push some politically correct agenda on f****** Mortal Kombat lol the same game where people literally beat the sh** out each other and have the option to murder their opponent in over the top brutal ways at the end of the fight and these people are worried about some cleavage or a butt cheek showing lol I don't get it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never been there. But if what these comments are saying is true, please don't let that happen to ComicVine. It's the one of the few places where I can socialize with others and discuss a wide variety of stuff. Banning users because of different opinions or criticizing something isn't right. It's dangerous. Please mods, don't become bias or unfair. You guys are cool.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stuff happened

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It exploded

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never been there. But if what these comments are saying is true, please don't let that happen to ComicVine.

Please mods, don't become bias or unfair. You guys are cool.

Truth

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@thetruebarryallen:

Why is that a bad thing? I don't get the negative stigma attached to someone who wants to fight for social justice... What am I missing?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 frozen  Moderator

@sog7dc: A Social Justice Warrior is used as an insult because SJW's are not activists; they're people who claim to fight for Social Justice but are actually bigots.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@dngn4774 said:

@albusan said:

Have you been on Comicvine's Off-Topic board within the last 6 months?

He needn't even do that; the term has gone mainstream. Now Richard Dawkins and Joe Rogan have used it; with major publications like The-Telegraph joining in.

@serrure said:

oh dude im gonna troll that site... SJW's are like clones... they all act the same

Good luck with that, there's hostility there to those who disagree and criticize with the SJW ideology.

@silkyballfro94 said:

I've never been there. But if what these comments are saying is true, please don't let that happen to ComicVine. It's the one of the few places where I can socialize with others and discuss a wide variety of stuff. Banning users because of different opinions or criticizing something isn't right. It's dangerous. Please mods, don't become bias or unfair. You guys are cool.

I'm certain it won't happen to Comic-Vine. Not only is the mod-team here far superior but the community is pretty tightly-knit.

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8chan is where all the cool kids go to.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@thetruebarryallen:

Why is that a bad thing? I don't get the negative stigma attached to someone who wants to fight for social justice... What am I missing?

It sounds good in theory but the majority of SJW's are those who are overzealous and use backwards logic to justify their incorrect sense of "justice".

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why anybody even bothers to go there :v

Its an feminazi circlejerk with dirty communist moderators.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@dragonborn_ct said:

I don't know why anybody even bothers to go there :v

Its an feminazi circlejerk with dirty communist moderators.

It was once a very good forum; before Klepek gained more influence.

Perhaps one day, it'll become good again?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@frozen said:

@mandarinestro: @dragonborn_ct I was flag-banned within 5 minutes of criticizing Anita Sarkeesian on Giant Bomb.

Ever since the death of Ryan Davis, Klepek (an anti-GG GJP) gained more influence and slowly turned the community into an SJW dump; there were a lot of anti-SJW's there, but many have left/been banned. Now it's an SJW hive.

Read this thread for more detail: http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2ypphf/how_did_giantbomb_fall_to_the_sjws/

First off Giant Bomb hasn't changed, it's the same as it's always been.

Secondly what the actual fuk as the death of Ryan Davis got to do with ANYTHING? The fact you even brought it up as an excuse to rag on others pisses me off.

And last of all Patrick Klepek hasn't worked at GB for some time now and even when he did he had moved out of the main San Fran office for fuking years, even before Ryan died so "gained more influence" my arse.

So to sum up, you are full of it mate.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous:

Absolute B.S, the site has changed and you know it. That site is now crammed with identity politics nonsense; I was flag-banned within 5 minutes for simply posting a video criticizing Anita Sarkeesian. After I was unjustly flag-banned for airing my opinion, I created a new account and wrote my opinion on diversity (a counter-post to another thread there, an SJW one).

Look at the scans below. This was my second account after my first was banned for airing my own opinion. The responses are chilling; they knew that I was going to get banned for having the ''wrong'' opinion. Remember, those responding don't know that I was using a second account to post that thread. My thread was then terminated and I was banned, with the justification of ''two accounts aren't allowed'' --- I understand that, but it's unfair given the justification for first ban was rubbish.

After the death of Davis, Klepek (a Game Journo Pro; part of the exposed mailing list) decided it was okay to ban and humiliate those who disagree with ideology. It was more relevant then giving the beginning of the Quinnspiracy.

The site was once good, and now it's jumped the shark. I recommend people use Game-Spot instead. It's far superior.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Eh, I just write game reviews and talk about the games I like, man. I don't even bother with the SJW bullsh*t. There's only one user I've genuinely interacted with and he seems like a cool guy.( He isn't on comic vine)

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Dang, that seemed like a legit post to me... Giant Bomb is dead :( we can't save it, so we must cut ourselves off from it before the infection spreads.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mandarinestro

@sog7dc: To sum up SJW: how would you feel as a black person if a white person told everyone "I am offended in his place!" when you're not actually offended?

As an Asian, if someone from another race did this to me it'd actually feel more racist than helpful (though I wouldn’t be offended even if someone actually called me racist stuff).

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: Dang, that seemed like a legit post to me... Giant Bomb is dead :( we can't save it, so we must cut ourselves off from it before the infection spreads.

I recommend Game-Spot. The community in general is just better. Giant-Bomb is dead to me, maybe one day it'll reclaim its former glory. Personally I prefer the video-game discussions on this site, rather than Giant-Bomb, which is ironic.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

It went off, duck and cover, call Steve Rodgers

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im all for social justice anything. especially social justice women

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro:

How'd you know I was black lol

Yeah that would be annoying. I know the type. Thanks for clearing that up.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Issue for me is that GameSpot is blocked at school. It's OK though, I'm more of a comic book reader than a gamer.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mandarinestro

@sog7dc: And not to mention 'social justice' is a really vague term. Everyone has different definitions of 'justice' and social science itself is inherently biased especially when it touches subjects such as race, nationality, and religion.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Well, you're AMA thread is titled 'Ask a young black dude'...

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@jonny_anonymous:

Absolute B.S, the site has changed and you know it. That site is now crammed with identity politics nonsense; I was flag-banned within 5 minutes for simply posting a video criticizing Anita Sarkeesian. After I was unjustly flag-banned for airing my opinion, I created a new account and wrote my opinion on diversity (a counter-post to another thread there, an SJW one).

Look at the scans below. This was my second account after my first was banned for airing my own opinion. The responses are chilling; they knew that I was going to get banned for having the ''wrong'' opinion. Remember, those responding don't know that I was using a second account to post that thread. My thread was then terminated and I was banned, with the justification of ''two accounts aren't allowed'' --- I understand that, but it's unfair given the justification for first ban was rubbish.

After the death of Davis, Klepek (a Game Journo Pro; part of the exposed mailing list) decided it was okay to ban and humiliate those who disagree with ideology. It was more relevant then giving the beginning of the Quinnspiracy.

The site was once good, and now it's jumped the shark. I recommend people use Game-Spot instead. It's far superior.

The staff don't ban anyone, the mods do. and rules are no horseshit Gamergate\SJW stuff unless it's in the one thread dedicated to it. Rory posted a giant fuking blog explaing it. If you can't read site rules then it's your own damn fault for getting banned

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous: Read my scan again; the fourth one. Someone else had already made a post regarding his thoughts on diversity; it was not focused on Social Justice Warriors/Gamer-Gate (although I name-dropped SJW's in one sentence). I then made a blog to air my thoughts on diversity in gaming. The responses immediately foresaw my ban/lock. The second time, I was banned for 'having another account' --- but from this, I can note:

• My first account was banned within 5 minutes. It said I had been flagged too many times; it was not about Gamer-Gate, it was about Anita Sarkeesian. Ergo, the community had mass-flagged me because I had the ''wrong'' opinion
  • Once my thread on diversity was locked, I asked the mod why he had done it, pointing out the hypocrisy that someone else posted his thoughts on it (with the ''right'' opinion for GB). One he saw this, he banned me with the notice that I wasn't allowed a second account --- yet failed to realize that my first ban was horsesh!t
SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SOG7dc
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@jonny_anonymous: Read my scan again; the fourth one. Someone else had already made a post regarding his thoughts on diversity; it was not focused on Social Justice Warriors/Gamer-Gate (although I name-dropped SJW's in one sentence). I then made a blog to air my thoughts on diversity in gaming. The responses immediately foresaw my ban/lock. The second time, I was banned for 'having another account' --- but from this, I can note:

• My first account was banned within 5 minutes. It said I had been flagged too many times; it was not about Gamer-Gate, it was about Anita Sarkeesian. Ergo, the community had mass-flagged me because I had the ''wrong'' opinion
  • Once my thread on diversity was locked, I asked the mod why he had done it, pointing out the hypocrisy that someone else posted his thoughts on it (with the ''right'' opinion for GB). One he saw this, he banned me with the notice that I wasn't allowed a second account --- yet failed to realize that my first ban was horsesh!t

No, they flagged you for making a thread about a topic that your not aloud to start to threads about. And you got banned for haveing more than one account just like EVERYBODY would. Take your bullshit spite elsewhere.