#1 Posted by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio

Pick your top three, give a decent reason for each, let the battling begin.

1. James Brown - His history of drug abuse/physical abuse could be very compelling. He also sang "Payback", that should be a reason in itself.
2. Duke Ellington - The guy is the King of Cool. I haven't seen a biopic of anyone in the Jazz field. He also called Richard Nixon two-faced and composed some of the greatest jazz records of all time.
3. The Misfits - There's a whole bunch of great drama within the early years of this band. Especially since Jerry Only is ridiculous.

Staff
#2 Posted by Dark_Watcher (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Disturbed - My favorite band so yeah....I'm bias lmao

#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Pussycat dolls...Burlesque troupe turned international superstars. It's like something you'd read in a comic book
#4 Posted by Dark_Watcher (145 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"
  • Pussycat dolls...Burlesque troupe turned international superstars. It's like something you'd read in a comic book
"
They do not deserve it man....
#5 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Dark_Watcher said:
"pixelized said:
"
"
They do not deserve it man...."
I said nothing about DIsturbed
#6 Posted by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio
Dark_Watcher said:
"Disturbed - My favorite band so yeah....I'm bias lmao

"
Not a reason
Staff
#7 Posted by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio

You have to think of a musical group that changed the world, that really contributed something to society. I know I'm pushing it with The Misfits, but they've done a lot more for music than most bands have.

Staff
#8 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Not necessarily. someone with a good back story is interesting enough. An under dog story works just fine

#9 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

oasis  , they are one of the biggist bands in the world, they are one of the english bands to make it big in the u.s.a, ill give more reasons if u ask me to. 

#10 Posted by Dark_Watcher (145 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"You have to think of a musical group that changed the world, that really contributed something to society. I know I'm pushing it with The Misfits, but they've done a lot more for music than most bands have."
Changed the world?

Twisted Sister....IMO
#11 Edited by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at some bio pics that have been done... the successful ones:

The Doors
Johnny Cash
Ray Charles
Bob Dylan

Ones coming out soon
Janis Joplin
Miles Davis
Sex Pistols
Tupac Shakur
Bob Marley
Iggy Pop

these are all musicians who had an impact on music. Can you really say Pussycat Dolls can be put in the same league?

Staff
#12 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Look at some bio pics that have been done... the successful ones:

The Doors
Johnny Cash
Ray Charles
Bob Dylan

Ones coming out soon
Janis Joplin
Miles Davis
Sex Pistols
Tupac Shakur
Bob Marley
Iggy Pop

these are all musicians who had an impact on music. Can you really say Pussycat Dolls can be put in the same league?"
oasis are.
#13 Posted by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio
blade hunter said:
"inferiorego said:

The Doors
Johnny Cash
Ray Charles
Bob Dylan

Ones coming out soon
Janis Joplin
Miles Davis
Sex Pistols
Tupac Shakur
Bob Marley
Iggy Pop

these are all musicians who had an impact on music. Can you really say Pussycat Dolls can be put in the same league?"
oasis are."
I thought the Oasis pic was a rumor. Regardless, I hate that band, but that would be a great biopic. They are great songwriters.
Staff
#14 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"these are all musicians who had an impact on music. Can you really say Pussycat Dolls can be put in the same league?"
Interesting back stories...you don't have to revolutionize an industry in order to have a good flick. Seeing things on screen that we may not have previously known about a person makes for  just a good a movie.
#15 Posted by Dark_Watcher (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Genesis

#16 Posted by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"inferiorego said:
"these are all musicians who had an impact on music. Can you really say Pussycat Dolls can be put in the same league?"
Interesting back stories...you don't have to revolutionize an industry in order to have a good flick. Seeing things on screen that we may not have previously known about a person makes for  just a good a movie."
What I'm trying to get at is, just because they're your favorite band, that doesn't mean that they are a good subject for a biopic. I love Rancid, Foo Fighters, and AC/DC, that doesn't mean they'd be great subjects for a film....
Staff
#17 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"pixelized said:
"inferiorego said:
Interesting back stories...you don't have to revolutionize an industry in order to have a good flick. Seeing things on screen that we may not have previously known about a person makes for  just a good a movie."
What I'm trying to get at is, just because they're your favorite band, that doesn't mean that they are a good subject for a biopic. I love Rancid, Foo Fighters, and AC/DC, that doesn't mean they'd be great subjects for a film...."
And what i'm saying is that in addition to being my fave band, they have "interesting back stories" that could play well on the big screen.
#18 Edited by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles?

#19 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"blade hunter said:
"inferiorego said:

The Doors
Johnny Cash
Ray Charles
Bob Dylan

Ones coming out soon
Janis Joplin
Miles Davis
Sex Pistols
Tupac Shakur
Bob Marley
Iggy Pop

oasis are."
I thought the Oasis pic was a rumor. Regardless, I hate that band, but that would be a great biopic. They are great songwriters."

what songs of their's have u heard? 
#20 Posted by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio
blade hunter said:
"inferiorego said:
"blade hunter said:
"inferiorego said:

The Doors
Johnny Cash
Ray Charles
Bob Dylan

Ones coming out soon
Janis Joplin
Miles Davis
Sex Pistols
Tupac Shakur
Bob Marley
Iggy Pop

oasis are."
I thought the Oasis pic was a rumor. Regardless, I hate that band, but that would be a great biopic. They are great songwriters."

what songs of their's have u heard? 
"
Every single one. That was "the band" when I was in high school, I could not stand them personally, but I do think they are very talented.
Staff
#21 Posted by HobGadling (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Alice in Chains!  Okay, maybe not, but they were my favorite, so...

#22 Posted by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio
HobGadling said:
"Alice in Chains!  Okay, maybe not, but they were my favorite, so..."
That would be a pretty good film
Staff
#23 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Jimi Hendrix

#24 Posted by Tenjin (1604 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozzy Ozbourne, Ozzfest and to me revolutionized the way rock and roll is played. His shows also kinda started the shock rock genre like Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson

#25 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Sabbath

#26 Posted by Lunacyde (18449 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Elvis

2.Mike Ness of Social Distortion (I know he is not popular enough for them to make a movie about but his story is a good one)

3. Waylon Jennings

4. Chris LaDoux

5. Misfits

#27 Posted by xXi0RIXx (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

miyavi-supper dupper hyper and cute♥
hide-japan ledgend bwhahaha there was a museum after him

just them yo ><

#28 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

EARTH WIND AND FIRE FOR LIFE!

#29 Posted by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio
Lunacyde said:
"

2.Mike Ness of Social Distortion (I know he is not popular enough for them to make a movie about but his story is a good one)

3. Waylon Jennings

5. Misfits

"
You are my new hero.....

Lantern Prime said:
"EARTH WIND AND FIRE FOR LIFE!"
For once we 100% agree on something. They played at my college graduation ceremony.
Staff
#30 Posted by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio

Ramones
Jerry Lee Lewis

Staff
#31 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Clapton
BB King
Chris LaDoux

#32 Posted by King Saturn (223985 posts) - - Show Bio
Big L

lmao
#33 Posted by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Big L

lmao
"
???
Staff
#34 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

this was Ego hated meeeeeeeeeeee

#35 Posted by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"this was Ego hated meeeeeeeeeeee"
???

It's a confusing day here
Staff
#36 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Kiss Gwar and Led Zeppelin basically the first three I could think of that don't already have one

#37 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Dazzler

#38 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"RamonesJerry Lee Lewis"
Ramones would be awesome. There was a story arch on Entourage where they were trying to make a Ramones movie and it sounded awesome. If only it were real.

Also, I think a Man or Astro-man? movie would be the greatest thing ever.
#39 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
Lunacyde said:

He's from the same area as me woooh
#40 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio
Kamelot - They may not be a well known band, but they are a favorite of mine and have found a well deserved place in my heart and on my playlists.  Several of their albums are actually telling and continuing an incredibly epic story. 
#41 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
Crimson Orchid said:
"Kamelot - They may not be a well known band, but they are a favorite of mine and have found a well deserved place in my heart and on my playlists.  Several of their albums are actually telling and continuing an incredibly epic story.  "
Kamelot is D-Shiznit

Blind Guardian too.
#42 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"Crimson Orchid said:
"Kamelot - They may not be a well known band, but they are a favorite of mine and have found a well deserved place in my heart and on my playlists.  Several of their albums are actually telling and continuing an incredibly epic story.  "
Kamelot is D-Shiznit  Blind Guardian too."
Hammerfall kicks butt too.  lol
#43 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crimson Orchid said:
" geraldthesloth said:
"Crimson Orchid said:
Kamelot is D-Shiznit  Blind Guardian too."
Hammerfall kicks butt too.  lol "
seconding this