Edited 7 months, 22 days ago

What makes you cry more: physical or emotional pain? (63 votes)

Physical pain 8%
Emotional pain 70%
Both 2%
IM A MAN I DON'T CRY 21%
#1 Posted by The Stegman (20702 posts) - - Show Bio

Crying is for little girls and onion peelers.

#2 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1355 posts) - - Show Bio

Physical pain is nothing, emotions are stronger.

#3 Posted by The_Good_Loser (236 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I've physically felt one of the worst pains ever, and it never compares to the emotional ones, no matter how traumatizing.

#4 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Most men will never know the full extent of physical pain

#5 Edited by TifaLockhart (13827 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm emo.

#6 Edited by spinningbirdcake (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

@silkyballfro94 said:

What. Is. He. Eating.

#7 Posted by Wolverine08 (26205 posts) - - Show Bio

Emotional.

#8 Posted by ssejllenrad (12778 posts) - - Show Bio

Physical. I've been kicked to the nuts before. Worst cry this 200 pound man ever did.

#9 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

What. Is. He. Eating.

Did you think he was some sort of a savage?

#10 Posted by GraniteSoldier (4451 posts) - - Show Bio

This is all strictly myself of course, but emotions can be controlled, physical pain is much harder to ignore. It can be withstood, but I'll shed a tear. Not necessarily full-blown cry, but shed some tears. The last time I had a full blown cry was the first time I dealt with death, which was emotional in nature.

#11 Posted by XLR87T3 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

This is all strictly myself of course, but emotions can be controlled, physical pain is much harder to ignore. It can be withstood, but I'll shed a tear. Not necessarily full-blown cry, but shed some tears. The last time I had a full blown cry was the first time I dealt with death, which was emotional in nature.

This.

#12 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Mouthwash makes my eyes tear. But only emotions can actually make me "cry".

#13 Posted by judasnixon (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie UP!

#14 Posted by The Stegman (20702 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie UP!

dammit the first ten minutes of that film had me tearing up in the theater. Still, if someone cut my arm off, I'd cry harder :P

#15 Edited by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

The movie UP!

dammit the first ten minutes of that film had me tearing up in the theater. Still, if someone cut my arm off, I'd cry harder :P

How can anyone cry from UP!?

#16 Posted by The Stegman (20702 posts) - - Show Bio

@inlife said:

@the_stegman said:

@judasnixon said:

The movie UP!

How can anyone cry from UP!?

That montage when they were growing old together and finally his wife died...THEY EVEN SHOWED A FRACKIN' MISCARRIAGE, in a kid's movie!

#17 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

.....Still don't see it. I suppose that we are all different. Only less than 3 three things make me cry. Two of them are actually part of the same thing.

#18 Posted by The Stegman (20702 posts) - - Show Bio

@inlife: I don't cry often man, and Up is one of two films to make me cry (the other being the end of Toy Story 3, both cartoons oddly enough) It just had so much feels.

#19 Posted by Batman242 (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideypresence said:

@silkyballfro94 said:

What. Is. He. Eating.

I personally thought it was... poo.

Physical pain when I was younger, Emotional pain now.

#20 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

@inlife: I don't cry often man, and Up is one of two films to make me cry (the other being the end of Toy Story 3, both cartoons oddly enough) It just had so much feels.

I often find myself nowadays just having 3-5 tears come out of my eyes instead of 'crying'

#21 Posted by XImpossibruX (5029 posts) - - Show Bio

In all my 17 years, I've never had emotional pain that has made me cry.

I really hope I don't come across it any time soon.

#22 Edited by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Emotional. Maybe it's because I've suffered way too much emotionally and almost never get hurt physically

#23 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

Emotional

#24 Posted by No_Trolling (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol physical pain is being highly underestimated here probably because people don't come across it as often

#25 Edited by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

Collar bone breaking, kidney stones, in-grown toenails... They're considered the worst pains by some. I've had all three. The collar bone breaking I'm not sure if I cried over. I remember crying that my supposed friends were d-bags and took well over an hour to get my family while I crawled down a hill... but I'm not sure if the physical pain made me cry. Kidney Stones were painful and I had to go to the hospital from them (which is only the 2nd time that's been the case...the first being the collar bone thing) but I never cried from them and really it was the length of the pain that was the issue more so than the intensity... Dealing with that level for the length id did made it so I couldn't think or sleep or anything else. The in grown toe-nail wasn't that painful to have, but the pain when I had it taken care of... well I was playing my Gameboy and I was contemplating throwing it at the doctor, but my better judgement decided to put it down and concentrate on blocking out the pain. So that's painful, but no tears...

So physical pain it takes a lot to get me anywhere near tears... Emotional pain... I cry all the time, but I can control it if I so choose. I just choose not to.

#26 Posted by Bruxae (9181 posts) - - Show Bio

Onions.

#27 Edited by Joygirl (15325 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I've wept from physical pain since I was a small child...

#28 Edited by Saren (24283 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I've broken my nose, got a steel rod embedded in my thigh, had a finger nearly cut off completely by an errant pair of scissors in an idiot's hands, and broken an arm in a motorcycle accident. The last time I actually cried from physical pain would have been when I was maybe four and I fell down the stairs. I am a mishap-prone man. Nowadays I mostly swear and yell when I'm in pain. The motorcycle accident was about a year ago, and my reaction then was to yell at the top of my lungs at the guy who crashed into me and insinuate that he was of dubious parentage.

Emotional pain is more consistent when it comes to provoking tears, from my experience. The day my ancient dog died was one of the worst days of my life because I'd grown up with that mutt.

Moderator Online
#29 Posted by TDK_1997 (13665 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been through a lot of physical pain and I haven't cried because of it since 4th or 5th grade maybe.When I jurt myself physically I just yeel from pain or swear a lot and I also like to hit stuff because I'm angry.While when I am in emotional pain I can't hold my tears (like when my grandpa died,that day I didn't stop crying it was just too much for me) .

#30 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15872 posts) - - Show Bio

Emotional.

When i'm In Physical Pain i get mad and Yell like a Madman.

#31 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (7991 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Samimista (20165 posts) - - Show Bio

Emotional pain since I'm a softy. D=

#33 Edited by gor724 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideypresence: You don't know emotional pain, one time, my dad, he, he stole a piece of my bacon!!!!! :'(

#34 Edited by Stevens61310 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was 10, 11, 12--something like that i was stupid enough to stick my fingers under the deck of a lawn mower that was running. It almost took the tips off the 2 middle fingers on my left hand. My sister will tell you that not only didn't I cry I made no noise whatsoever. A dozen years ago while working in a warehouse a dock plate malfunctioned. When it did it came down on both my feet pulverizing alot of bone. My co-worker said I mad not a sound as I suddenly fell to the floor because my feet no ,longer could support me.

I went to my Dad's funeral about 8 years ago, saw him in the coffin, and couldn't stop the tears from flowing.

So yeah emotional pain is the winner here

#35 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Physical pain makes me cry. Emotional pain makes me weep.

#36 Posted by camera_guy (233 posts) - - Show Bio

Real Men don't CRY!

#37 Edited by sinestro_GL (3003 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped crying from physical pain when I hit puberty...

#38 Edited by ARMIV2 (7651 posts) - - Show Bio

Lesse...last time I cried was a few weeks back...and that was all emotional...
I think the most I got from recent physical pain was really misty eyed.

#39 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (4474 posts) - - Show Bio

@no_trolling: I just dont cry much from physical pain as I did when younger. Last year I fell off my Motorized scooter twice. Once during about 30 miles per. Got in a fight three years before that and thrown into a mirror that shattered agsinst my back. Got punched in the face by my big brother, and fucked up my lower back while showing off in the gym. I grew up having to deal with physical pain almost daily. You get used to it. I

#40 Posted by MaccyD (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Emotional-tears are much more salty and tasty-omnomnom

#41 Posted by impossibilly (876 posts) - - Show Bio

The last five minutes of any episode of Parenthood.

#42 Posted by Vaccine (277 posts) - - Show Bio

*I'M BATMAN. I DON'T CRY.

#43 Posted by BumpyBoo (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Physical pain makes me cry. Emotional pain makes me weep.

Could not have put it better <3