• 53 results
#1 Edited by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

This bending is from the Avatar Universe. Fire, Earth, Water, Air

It's often said that the bending matches your personality. Be honest and guess which kind you would be. And if you could, what would you do to make your style more dangerous or useful?

#2 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

thank you ... I'll be here all week

#3 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Fire by a long shot.

#4 Posted by War Killer (20337 posts) - - Show Bio

Water.

I'd love to make a water sword, kinda like how Aang mentioned about making an Air sword in one episodes. I would try to make a sword made out of sharp, yet durable, ice or something.

#5 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be an unbendable gurdur bender

#6 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11504 posts) - - Show Bio

Water

It's simply the best form of bending for life,combat and fun,

#7 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15505 posts) - - Show Bio

Fire all the way.

#8 Edited by mikethekiller (8456 posts) - - Show Bio

either air or earth.

#9 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth.

#10 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25512 posts) - - Show Bio

Air or Water

#11 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6078 posts) - - Show Bio

Air, I can fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its also the easiest to access and use.

#12 Posted by Samimista (20822 posts) - - Show Bio

Water! =D

#13 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

how has nobody mentioned this?

because I'd be that guy

#14 Posted by Xwraith (19312 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm leaning toward water. I'd want to create a water version of this:

#15 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth.

#16 Posted by AnyWhichWayButUp (760 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth there's more abundance of it and i'd love to bend metal, earth, sand, and have some sort of diamond armor. Nothing flashy.

#17 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the vast majority of people can't bend in the Avatar universe I would probably end up being a Chi bender

AMON IS THE VOICE OF THE FUTURE!!!!

but seriously after seeing all the amazingly cool stuff Toph did I would want to be an Earth Bender but considering my personality doesn't conform to that I'd probably end up a Fire Bender.

#18 Posted by The Stegman (25006 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be fire cause I'm quick to anger and a bit impatient (which suits fire bending's rapid fighting style).

But if I could choose, I'd pick air, it's the coolest and my zodiac element.

#19 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd want to be a firebender for the lightning and such. But I was born in January, and personality wise: I'm pretty go with the flow, but also capable of taking a staunch stance when it's necessary. I'd probably be a waterbender. I'm so epic, though, that I'd be able to draw water out of the air (F, you science!) and I'd make swords out of ice that are unbreakable because I'm constantly bending them forward.

"Water can flow or it can crash. Be water." -Bruce Lee

#20 Edited by XImpossibruX (5180 posts) - - Show Bio

Wind, most powerful.

Water can only be used when near water, while you have infinite amounts of air everywere.

Plus you can fly

#21 Posted by JediXMan (30902 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd want to be an air bender. It's the most versatile and it has less weaknesses. With air bending, I can essentially make fire benders powerless.

#22 Posted by stoneo (324 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd want to be a firebender so I could bend electricity. But due to my personality and the martial arts I practice mimick flowing movements I'd most likely be a water bender. I would definently learn how to blood bend however and wouldn't be merciful.

#23 Edited by Ostyo (8620 posts) - - Show Bio

@mynamewasdeleted: Bastard, you beat me to it. Anyway, Airbender without a doubt. I love the freedom of being able to fly and speed around that it has.

#24 Posted by MonsterStomp (19224 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth

#25 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

Air. I'd get an umbrella and be Mary Poppins.

#26 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux said:

Wind, most powerful.

Water can only be used when near water, while you have infinite amounts of air everywere.

Plus you can fly

Air is shown to be near completely useless in Avatar. The best thing it has is the ability to glide, while all other Bending principles have freaking cheat-codes letting them control, metal, blood and lightning.

I'd choose Fire since I'd just lightning the bejeezus out of anyone who chose Water.

#27 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Personality and Figure wise, I'd be Most definitely Earth, seriously. plus i'd bend Metals too( that sounds horribly wrong)

I THREW A ROCK AT EM'!

#28 Posted by The Stegman (25006 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux said:

Wind, most powerful.

Plus you can fly

Air is shown to be near completely useless in Avatar. The best thing it has is the ability to glide, while all other Bending principles have freaking cheat-codes letting them control, metal, blood and lightning.

I'd choose Fire since I'd just lightning the bejeezus out of anyone who chose Water.

Air is not useless in Avatar or in the real world. Let's face it, if you had bending powers, chances are, you're not gonna be constantly fighting people like in Avatar, and what the hell good is lightning bending if you aren't fighting??

For practical applications being able to Fly/Glide>>>>>>>>>>>shooting lightning.

Not to mention that Airbender's natural physiology can be enhanced, Aang could run as fast as the wind, going almost faster than people could see, he increased his agility and maneuverability and has the only attacks that can't be seen by his opponent (they only made air visible so the viewer could know, in actuality you wouldn't see an air gust coming at you.) And some say air isn't fatal....tell that to all the boulders Aang's cut in half with it.

#29 Posted by King Saturn (224426 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably a Bender of Women...

#30 Edited by TDK_1997 (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Earth or Fire.

#31 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@ximpossibrux said:

Wind, most powerful.

Plus you can fly

Air is not useless in Avatar or in the real world. Let's face it, if you had bending powers, chances are, you're not gonna be constantly fighting people like in Avatar, and what the hell good is lightning bending if you aren't fighting??

For practical applications being able to Fly/Glide>>>>>>>>>>>shooting lightning.

Not to mention that Airbender's natural physiology can be enhanced, Aang could run as fast as the wind, going almost faster than people could see, he increased his agility and maneuverability and has the only attacks that can't be seen by his opponent (they only made air visible so the viewer could know, in actuality you wouldn't see an air gust coming at you.) And some say air isn't fatal....tell that to all the boulders Aang's cut in half with it.

Why do I need to fly around when I've just committed genocide on all the other Benders? I'm Fire-clan, which means I'm awesome and allowed to kill everyone who opposes me. So I do that, and then I just get to blast Lightning around whenever I feel like it. That's vastly superior to using Air. Though to be fair, my distaste for Air could come from Aang being so woefully pathetic.

#32 Posted by The Stegman (25006 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@ximpossibrux said:

Wind, most powerful.

Plus you can fly

Why do I need to fly around when I've just committed genocide on all the other Benders? I'm Fire-clan, which means I'm awesome and allowed to kill everyone who opposes me. So I do that, and then I just get to blast Lightning around whenever I feel like it. That's vastly superior to using Air. Though to be fair, my distaste for Air could come from Aang being so woefully pathetic.

...Mass bendercide is tempting.....okay, you win.

#33 Posted by xlab3000 (3316 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth

#34 Posted by Racob7 (5890 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by Racob7 (5890 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6503 posts) - - Show Bio

Fire. I'm prone to acts of vengeance, have an extremely short temper and can be pretty damn scary when I want to be.

#38 Posted by Juiceboks (9766 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth or water. The applications for both are just too extensive to pass up.

#39 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth.

#40 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio

For my personality? Probably Fire or Air.

If I could pick? Blood.

#41 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6503 posts) - - Show Bio

If I could pick? Blood.

Not symbiote? Fine, I'll take it.

#42 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@ximpossibrux said:

Wind, most powerful.

Plus you can fly

It's non-canon, but I've heard a lot of fans talk about how the natural extension of Airbending would be Soundbending. And that is TERRIFYING.

#43 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

If I could pick? Blood.

Not symbiote? Fine, I'll take it.

Symbiotes are irrelevant here.

However, if I got Bloodbending, I could have the Carnage symbiote.

#44 Posted by HolySerpent (12633 posts) - - Show Bio

Although waterbending is potential the most powerful. I'm going with fire bending

#45 Edited by HolySerpent (12633 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: wait isn't fire most practical because. Using fire jets and can increase your speed and be able to fly

#46 Posted by The Stegman (25006 posts) - - Show Bio

@holyserpent: Only Ozai has shown flight with firebending, and that was during Sozin's Comet.

#47 Posted by Outside_85 (9517 posts) - - Show Bio

Reality :)

#48 Posted by Black_Claw (3007 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth bender!

#49 Posted by HolySerpent (12633 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: your right but watching Legend of Korra, really showed me that abilities that were extremely hard to master has become a common skill. For example lighting and metal bending.

#50 Posted by Xeno_Seeker (414 posts) - - Show Bio

air.