• 122 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

I dislike them, I think they are the infection of the internet. They've trolled, hacked, and made other people's lives miserable. One sad 15 year old even hacked a millionaire, took his Cars his Mansion and all of his money. Anyway, what is your opinion on 4chan?

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

'Ew' pretty much sums it up.

Moderator
#3 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

What is 4chan? I've heard of it but never knew exactly what it is.

#4 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Edited by Billy Batson (58023 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been told that the users are like me <___<
BB

#6 Posted by LONGTIME (926 posts) - - Show Bio

4chan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Comic Vine. U mad?

#7 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@LONGTIME said:

4chan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Comic Vine. U mad?

Comicvine is by far better then 4chan. 4chan is just.....Disgusting. They will post anything that anyone with a heart wouldn't, sad thing is-THEY ARE HUMANS!... Or, maybe bumans.

#8 Posted by _Zombie_ (10442 posts) - - Show Bio

Wholly indifferent to it.

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91226 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#10 Posted by JediXMan (30597 posts) - - Show Bio

The dark side of the internet.

Moderator
#11 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

HA! I love that picture.

#12 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep my distance from them.

#13 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

I keep my distance from them.

This. I'm surprised the government or any higher ups haven't closed the site yet.

#14 Edited by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

Encyclopedia Dramatica is just as bad.

#15 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

The stuff ive heard disturbs me... that said ive never visisted the site

#16 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

@CaioTrubat said:

I keep my distance from them.

This. I'm surprised the government or any higher ups haven't closed the site yet.

They can't. The meance of Anonymous dwells in the site. So 4chan can continue to do there disgusting acts, unless some highly experienced FBI techies go after it.

#17 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

@Samimista said:

@CaioTrubat said:

I keep my distance from them.

This. I'm surprised the government or any higher ups haven't closed the site yet.

They can't. The meance of Anonymous dwells in the site. So 4chan can continue to do there disgusting acts, unless some highly experienced FBI techies go after it.

Ridiculous. >__<

#18 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Samimista said:

@CaioTrubat said:

I keep my distance from them.

This. I'm surprised the government or any higher ups haven't closed the site yet.

They can't. The meance of Anonymous dwells in the site. So 4chan can continue to do there disgusting acts, unless some highly experienced FBI techies go after it.

Ridiculous. >__<

Well, when you have a powerful cyber terrorist group behind you, the FBI has little options.

#19 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been to their site once... I will never go back

#20 Posted by nickzambuto (13658 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

@CaioTrubat said:

I keep my distance from them.

This. I'm surprised the government or any higher ups haven't closed the site yet.

4chan would be the first thing the Patriots go after.

#21 Edited by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

@Samimista said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Samimista said:

@CaioTrubat said:

I keep my distance from them.

This. I'm surprised the government or any higher ups haven't closed the site yet.

They can't. The meance of Anonymous dwells in the site. So 4chan can continue to do there disgusting acts, unless some highly experienced FBI techies go after it.

Ridiculous. >__<

Well, when you have a powerful cyber terrorist group behind you, the FBI has little options.

Oh I know. I just think 4chan should burn in ashes and never return. =P

@nickzambuto said:

@Samimista said:

@CaioTrubat said:

I keep my distance from them.

This. I'm surprised the government or any higher ups haven't closed the site yet.

4chan would be the first thing the Patriots go after.

If the La-li-lu-le-lo would take down 4chan I would gladly be cheering for them. Especially if it was Liquid leading the way.

#22 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@Samimista said:

@CaioTrubat said:

I keep my distance from them.

This. I'm surprised the government or any higher ups haven't closed the site yet.

4chan would be the first thing the Patriots go after.

Yes.

#23 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Samimista said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Samimista said:

@CaioTrubat said:

I keep my distance from them.

This. I'm surprised the government or any higher ups haven't closed the site yet.

They can't. The meance of Anonymous dwells in the site. So 4chan can continue to do there disgusting acts, unless some highly experienced FBI techies go after it.

Ridiculous. >__<

Well, when you have a powerful cyber terrorist group behind you, the FBI has little options.

Oh I know. I just think 4chan should burn in ashes and never return. =P

@nickzambuto said:

@Samimista said:

@CaioTrubat said:

I keep my distance from them.

This. I'm surprised the government or any higher ups haven't closed the site yet.

4chan would be the first thing the Patriots go after.

If the La-li-lu-le-lo would take down 4chan I would gladly be cheering for them. Especially if it was Liquid leading the way.

La-li-lu-le-lo? Tumblr went up against 4chan, they succeeded somewhat but failed in taking it down. Atleast they spammed them with kitty pictures.

#24 Posted by MrDirector786 (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

They suck. The end.

#25 Posted by Razero (336 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, if they get wind of this we could come under attack.

Some of the screenshots I've seen have been absolutely hilarious. As long as you avoid /b/ it's a cool site.

#26 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Razero said:

Eh, if they get wind of this we could come under attack.

Some of the screenshots I've seen have been absolutely hilarious. As long as you avoid /b/ it's a cool site.

It's still horrible. I doubt 4chaners come on Comic websites..Besides, I am just saying my opinion. I am not declaring war on them.

#27 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn: La-li-lu-le-lo = Patriots. It's one of their nicknames.

#28 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

The dark side of the internet.

@CaioTrubat said:

I keep my distance from them.

#29 Posted by YoungJustice (6841 posts) - - Show Bio

After going there, I have a brand new respect for our moderators and staff.

#30 Posted by Razero (336 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn: Unlikely I know, but it's happened before.

#31 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

well its better than 3chan

#32 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20239 posts) - - Show Bio

It's literally the Hell of the Internet.

#33 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

It's literally the Hell of the Internet.

Couldn't of said it better.

#34 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

If I could drown them all, I would.

If I could drown them in acid, so much the better.

#35 Posted by Z3RO180 (6534 posts) - - Show Bio

i went to their homepage once then left straight after......i had to have a bath in super duper awesome holy water to get the feeling of evil off me and that was only the homepage.

#36 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

That photo correctly describes 4chan.

#37 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW I just went there for the first time and I feel the need to get a exorsism and bleach my brain.

#38 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective said:

WOW I just went there for the first time and I feel the need to get a exorsism and bleach my brain.

This makes me respect the staff of Comicvine. THey wouldn't tolerate anything that goes on 4chan on Comicvine.

#39 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18046 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

Pretty much sums it up.

#41 Posted by King Saturn (224175 posts) - - Show Bio
never even looked at it...
Online
#42 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

never even looked at it...

I suggest you don't..It is the most disgusting thing ever. I would describe what is on the site, but my account would get banned instantly, no acceptions.

That's how horrible 4chan is.

#43 Edited by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

The first time I looked up I clicked back 2 minutes later. The things I saw for just these minutes haunted my sleep for the next few weeks.

#44 Posted by SC (13108 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know it well but appears the same as most websites except they have a certain reputation and appear to thrive on that notoriety. I like that they helped identify pictures of people doing illegal things such as employees tampering with peoples food in fast food restaurants, taking photos of this designed so the photos wouldn't identify them and a few animal abuse videos too. I think I remember it was 4chan that helped track them down. That and getting... was it Taylor Swift? Didn't they campaign for her to visit and perform for a school of deaf children? Trolling sure but kind of nice since deaf children can still appreciate a concert and Taylor Swift visiting them.  

Moderator
#45 Edited by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I avoid it at all cost. I've been there; its not a good community. I hope that not every user adamantly believes the trash they wallow in. To me, its a place for slightly crappy people to go and be act very crappy.

.............

But its the internet: I don't go where I don't want to. I won't cause a ruckus because some anonymous 15 year old calls me the N-word. All that racist crap proves that I'm better than them.

#46 Edited by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

I avoid it at all cost. I've been there; its not a good community. I hope that not every user adamantly believes the trash they wallow in. To me, its a place for slightly crappy people to go and be act very crappy.

.............

But its the internet: I don't go where I don't want to. I won't cause a ruckus because some anonymous 15 year old calls me the N-word. All that racist crap proves that I'm better than them.

They've done worser things...There was this kid on Youtube called Joshchristian or whatever, and just because he said he didn't like 4chan, my goodnesss his life changed..He got harrasing phone calls, prank calls, from people older then him..I mean he's like 13, getting prank calls from 50 and 20 year olds. His address was leaked, his Dad's job was leaked, and it got stolen by a fraudulent claim that he had intercourse with his son. It was discovered a 14 year old techie made that claim. They totally ruined his life. I am going to post the video that ruined his life.

Now, that was an original re-upload. All of his Youtube accounts have been deleted.

Now as for my qoute, do you perfer 4chan or Comicvine?

And what I explained is a reason I agree with Ben Kenobi's wise words.

#47 Posted by SC (13108 posts) - - Show Bio
@MasterJohn:  Oh I am aware they do bad things, but I consider that typical of the internet and people in general. Plus after watching that video I wouldn't be surprised if that Youtube poster was an active poster on 4chan or at least possessing of similar qualities or mindset. Thats just a guess. I simply don't have any actual sincere information of the situation to really form judgment. Thousands of people express dislike of lots of things every day without repercussion.  
Moderator
#48 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

4Chan is capable of things so I won't say anything bad about it or its users.

DUN DUN DUUUUUN

Seriously though...

#49 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

@MasterJohn: Oh I am aware they do bad things, but I consider that typical of the internet and people in general. Plus after watching that video I wouldn't be surprised if that Youtube poster was an active poster on 4chan or at least possessing of similar qualities or mindset. Thats just a guess. I simply don't have any actual sincere information of the situation to really form judgment. Thousands of people express dislike of lots of things every day without repercussion.

But 20 year olds threatning to murder a 13 year old, AND his Father.. That is harsh. 4chan has too much dark influence over the Internet, there is little we can do to stop them.

If you have a choice of only one website you could go to on the entire web.

Would you pick 4chan or Comicvine?

#50 Posted by SC (13108 posts) - - Show Bio
@MasterJohn said:

But 20 year olds threatning to murder a 13 year old, AND his Father.. That is harsh. 4chan has too much dark influence over the Internet, there is little we can do to stop them.

If you have a choice of only one website you could go to on the entire web.

Would you pick 4chan or Comicvine?

Thats exactly my point, not that I don't doubt your sincerity, I just have no actual knowledge of the situation. Link to a news article if you have time or are willing? I don't really consider 4chan a threat that needs to be stopped.  
 
Oh CV definitely but thats easy, I already go to CV and use it, I don't use or go to 4chan.  
Moderator