#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

Many RPG's allow you build your character to your own personal tastes and that allows you to choose from many different play styles that include but are not limited to: Warrior, Mage, Archer, Assassin ect

What class do you favour and why?

#2 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18356 posts) - - Show Bio

I always turn myself into a "Glass Cannon" type role.

#3 Posted by Hawkguy (579 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had to choose one... Tank type, usually because they're essential in parties and can take and deal tons of damage even when playing solo.

But I also like being a buff/healer support class, it's hard to run solo as one but every party will take you no problem.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: I always try and aim for a Nightblade but I usually end up going to far in one direction

#5 Posted by Joygirl (20060 posts) - - Show Bio

Mage, or preferably full-progression hax gish.

#6 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Mage, magic is always the most versatile thing and thus the funnest to use.

#7 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18356 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: I always try and aim for a Nightblade but I usually end up going to far in one direction

I've played a lot of different types. melee, range, magical, etc, etc. The only real common denominator is I'm always squishy and I always kick a lot of ass.

#8 Edited by GraniteSoldier (8434 posts) - - Show Bio

When I played DnD back in the day I always loved the Ranger and Monk classes. I prefer jack of all trades that can fit any role as opposed to pigeonholing.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: @joygirl: I like magic as well but I also like the sneaky back stabbing so that's why I go Nightblade, ir's a cross between a mage and an assassin, maxing up the illusion and alteration type magics while also focusing on stealth and dagger use

#10 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I've never done tabletop but if I were I'd totally go for something like that.

#11 Posted by Samimista (20810 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually stick to Warrior but sometimes use Mage. =O

#12 Posted by Perethorn (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

Tank, because they are tough and cool and they do the most important job that nobody wants to do.

#13 Posted by WarBlade539 (4632 posts) - - Show Bio

Warrior/Mage FTW!

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: I use it in the Eldar Scroll games, Dark Elfs are usually the best race for the job.

#15 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Oh I'm too terrible at Elder Scrolls to do anything that fancy. I usually just fire blast everything to death as quickly as possible while chugging potions. XD

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by BumpyBoo (10024 posts) - - Show Bio

I tend to be the assassin/thief type. All those years of Tenchu have left me super addicted to sneaking around ;)

#18 Posted by WarBlade539 (4632 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

I tend to be the assassin/thief type. All those years of Tenchu have left me super addicted to sneaking around ;)

"I underestimated you.......next time you die!" -Onikage (Tenchu)

:D

#19 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

man I loved that game

#20 Posted by BumpyBoo (10024 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: No way, you like Tenchu? 8D I love those games! Ayame is one of the coolest female game characters ^_^ So wanted to be her growing up.

#21 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: brute force mage at it's finest lol

Really brute force given I'd run out of magic so I'd pull out a freakin' mace and start going nuts.

#22 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

Really brute force given I'd run out of magic so I'd pull out a freakin' mace and start going nuts.

I die a lot in the early parts of these games because I force me self to play in character

#23 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I die a lot in the early parts of these games because I force me self to play in character

Same, I act like I'm way more strong than I actually am in the game.

#24 Posted by WarBlade539 (4632 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@darkazrael999: No way, you like Tenchu? 8D I love those games! Ayame is one of the coolest female game characters ^_^ So wanted to be her growing up.

I love Tenchu. If there is one series that needs reviving, it's Tenchu. Ayame is pretty darn cool. Wasn't she introduced into the ninja world (ninja world? That's not a real name, is it?) about the same time as Rikimaru?

#25 Posted by WarBlade539 (4632 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999 said:

@bumpyboo said:

man I loved that game

It was an awesome game. I consider it to be more important to the stealth genre than Splinter Cell or MGS. Except perhaps Thief.

#26 Posted by BumpyBoo (10024 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: Yeah, they are the two playable characters in the first game :) I was a little wary of next gen Tenchu (well I guess it is current gen now lol) on the 360, but Tenchu Z was quite good. Still, that was a few years ago now. Would love to see a new one. Who knows, maybe when the next gen of consoles is out, fingers crossed we might get another....?

#27 Posted by Immortal777 (7671 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm usually a tank of some kind mostly because I'm to lazy to try and learn any of the other classes.

#28 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually go the stealth/indirect combat route. In Oblivion and Skyrim I chose the Bosmer race and just sniped with the bow from a distance while remaining hidden. Also, I steal literally everything I can find and just drop it in the floor of my house.

#29 Posted by Immortal777 (7671 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually go the stealth/indirect combat route. In Oblivion and Skyrim I chose the Bosmer race and just sniped with the bow from a distance while remaining hidden. Also, I steal literally everything I can find and just drop it in the floor of my house.

Klepto

#30 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the warrior type and then the assassin type.

#31 Posted by TifaLockhart (14078 posts) - - Show Bio

Whichever type has the biggest sword. Magic is for healing only!

#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17712 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything to do with archery or stealth (ranger, infiltrator), count me in.

Moderator Online
#33 Posted by warlock360 (28049 posts) - - Show Bio

Always was and always has been the Bruising-Regenerator

#34 Posted by Blood_Red_Rage (508 posts) - - Show Bio

Monk aka punch you in the face.

#35 Posted by JediXMan (30881 posts) - - Show Bio

Warrior and / or mage.

#36 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10586 posts) - - Show Bio

Ranger depending on the game. I'm usually playing Call of Cthulu so there aren't any classes really.

#37 Posted by TifaLockhart (14078 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to play M&M as Lobo or Orion.

#38 Posted by Mercy_ (92809 posts) - - Show Bio

Ranger, Druid or Assassin, Usually Ranger, though

#39 Posted by _Grifter_ (11440 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never really played any tabletop games, but I have played several video games that incorporate a class system. For instance games like The Elder Scrolls series and the Dragon Age games. Usually I always play as a Rogue/assassin type of character.

#40 Edited by WarBlade539 (4632 posts) - - Show Bio

Also it may be worth mentioning that I'm also Soldier in Mass Effect

#41 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogues and assassins for me. I always liked being able to take care of myself by vanishing and teleporting around. I started playing assassins, because of Deadpool and then I also realized that the class suits me overall well. I played rogues in World of Warcraft, Assassins in Guild Wars and Ragnarok.

#42 Posted by Saren (25890 posts) - - Show Bio

High-risk, high-reward style classes that combine powers with getting up close and personal. Vanguard/Sentinel in Mass Effect, Siren/Assassin in Borderlands 2, etc.

#43 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

Fir my first run through of Mass Effect I played as a solider but I ended up restarting it and playing as an Infiltrator and I prefer that much more

#44 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (18765 posts) - - Show Bio

Warrior. (I know it's a pain to fight against mages of skyrim, still)

Mainly focused on one hand swords+shield/two handed swords. Magic for lulz, or if I get bored. So I generally end up as a fairly strong character, not as defended as a tank, nor as soft as a mage, and seriously versatile in battle, can handle a lot of stuff alone..

#45 Posted by Bruxae (14004 posts) - - Show Bio

In single player RPG's I usually go for the mage.

In group situations such as MMORPG's I tend to go for tank or healer.

#46 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

Mage seems to be pretty popular, but I'm interested to see if people actually mean full mage, as in ONLY magic and never any h2h

#47 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

Currently I'm using a few builds on Skyrim and some of them are really fun for RPing, think I'm gonna post a blog about them later today if anybody is interested

#48 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything but mage.

I hate healing people.