#1 Posted by pooty (11043 posts) - - Show Bio

What is a saying or quote that you like? It can be your mom's old saying or something you read in a book. If you like it, quote it.

My Mom: If you THINK you want something done.....ask someone else to do it. If you KNOW you want it done......then do it yourself.

My Dad: Peace is more important than being right.

Bible: God will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you can bear, nor will he allow your path to be so cramped that you can not find your way out.

#2 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20171 posts) - - Show Bio

Success will grant your enemy humiliation, and humiliation is better than revenge.

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (40935 posts) - - Show Bio

"Do or do not, there is no spoon." - Stephen Colbert

Staff
#4 Posted by pooty (11043 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Success will grant your enemy humiliation, and humiliation is better than revenge.

Brilliant.

@k4tzm4n said:

"Do or do not, there is no spoon." - Stephen Colbert

yoda + matrix= Stephen Colbert.

#5 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

"Only the one who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat" - Sartre

#6 Posted by SoA (4777 posts) - - Show Bio

"Wise is one who eats not the yellow snow"- Bazooka Joe

#7 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

“Existence is violent, I exist, therefore I'm violent. . . in that way.” -Huey P. Newton

#8 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

“Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning; they want the ocean without the roar of its many waters. The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.”

-Frederick Douglas

#9 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

"So we live,so we learn."

'I never let schooling get in the way of my education."

#10 Edited by Edamame (28086 posts) - - Show Bio

Confucius:

1. "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."

2. "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

Thomas Jefferson:

1. "Be polite to all, but intimate with few."

George Washington:

1. "It is better to be alone than in bad company."

John F. Kennedy:

1. "A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on."

Nikita Khrushchev:

1. "Economics is a subject that does not greatly respect one's wishes."

2. "Your own working class will bury you."

#11 Edited by The Stegman (24019 posts) - - Show Bio

“I put for the general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death.” 

- Thomas Hobbes

#12 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

"If the gag is secure enough, no matter how thin the walls of your basement are, no one should hear them screaming......" creepy guy in my neighborhood.

#13 Posted by pooty (11043 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion said:

"If the gag is secure enough, no matter how thin the walls of your basement are, no one should hear them screaming......" creepy guy in my neighborhood.

you should move

#14 Posted by Jean199999 (547 posts) - - Show Bio

"For every new gadget security invents, the smart con will always be a step ahead. It's a mindset. Protecting is never going to be as stealthy as attacking." Catwoman

#15 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

"Like the sand through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives" - Socrates Johnson.

#16 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33084 posts) - - Show Bio

Isaac Asimov

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do"

"Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night"

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'

#17 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

"You see, a woman, who's a playa herself, wants to be played, has to be played, needs to be played, in order for the continuation of this man-woman thing."

- A pimp named Fred