What is your favorite origin in Dragon Age: Origins?

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Inverno

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Inverno

For Bioware fans, which origin was the best one to play?

Human Noble
Human Noble
Dwarf Noble
Dwarf Noble
Dwarf Commoner
Dwarf Commoner
Dalish Elf
Dalish Elf
City Elf
City Elf
Circle Mage
Circle Mage
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Vortex13

Oh geez this is hard. I know which class would be my favorite, Rouge. I pretty much never play as a warrior but I will play as a mage. This is so hard all of them are really good. Hmm ok I'll go with.... sh!t I can't decide lol. My top three in no particular order would be dalish elf male, dwarf noble male, or city elf female. Though human noble is cool too because of the reaction you get from Wynne when you tell her who you are. But it's also really funny to see the Kings reaction where you tell him you killed the arls son lol.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vortex13

I've decided on dalish elf. I just love being good with the bow and it's more fun when you interact with the priestess at Ostagar and she offers you her blessing and you say "you would pass the makers blessing onto an elf" "The maker blesses all that will accept him" "Does he also destroy the homelands of those who don't?" lol

EDIT: You know what, I'm going to go play it right now. Peace!

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By MagnificentStorm

Circle mage well any mage for that matter will be my choice i love the story behind the mages and the circle crazy one. I just cant wait for DRAGON AGE 3 AAWWWWW I want it!!!!

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chronus

Human Noble. Although my main is a Mage, I did not enjoy the Circle Mage origin.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Blood1991

@MagnificentStorm said:

Circle mage well any mage for that matter will be my choice i love the story behind the mages and the circle crazy one. I just cant wait for DRAGON AGE 3 AAWWWWW I want it!!!!

Same I love magic users, followed by archers. I like the whole Mage thing they did really reminded me of mutants in the Marvel universe

Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tank.

Human Noble

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Aiden Cross

Human noble is my fav, Circle Mage second :)

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MagnificentStorm

@Blood1991 said:

@MagnificentStorm said:

Same I love magic users, followed by archers. I like the whole Mage thing they did really reminded me of mutants in the Marvel universe

LoL never thought about it like that but yea. Also I've always like magic characters better than any other i hardly ever play any other race but magic.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Inverno

It seems like most people prefer the Human Noble Origin, myself included. But I also like the Dwarf Noble Origin, where as soon as I could, I returned to Orzammar to bring down my brother Bhelen.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vortex13

In dragon age 2 I like being a mage (I still like rouges a lot though) just because of how fast it is, and the fact that you aren't just jabbing at your enemy with the staff, instead you get all these badass moves against them lol. I know a lot of people thought Dragon Age 2 sucked, but personally I really like it. Sure it's not as challenging as origins but it still has a solid story and really fun combat. I just wish it lasted longer, and I'll admit the reuse of levels was a bit irritating lol. Still a fun game with a solid story though lol.

I mean when you're cradling your mother in the game Leandra while she is dying, that was pretty brutal lol.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vortex13

@CaioTrubat said:

It seems like most people prefer the Human Noble Origin, myself included. But I also like the Dwarf Noble Origin, where as soon as I could, I returned to Orzammar to bring down my brother Bhelen.

I liked doing that too lol.

artgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By artgamer

Human Noble, and city elf :D

and a bit noble dwarf

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Inverno

@Vortex13: I also played mostly as a mage in DAII because I felt like was more pivotal to the story than a rogue or warrior might be. The downside is that my surviving sibling Carver was really annoying, I had him killed in the Deep Roads lol. I liked Bethany a lot better.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vortex13

@CaioTrubat: Hahaha. I just was dick to him all the time lol. But yeah he died in the deep roads with me too lol

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Raiiyn

@Aiden Cross said:

Human noble is my fav, Circle Mage second :)

same here, though I really liked the dwarf noble too... All of the origins were pretty cool though.

@Vortex13 said:

In dragon age 2 I like being a mage (I still like rouges a lot though) just because of how fast it is, and the fact that you aren't just jabbing at your enemy with the staff, instead you get all these badass moves against them lol. I know a lot of people thought Dragon Age 2 sucked, but personally I really like it. Sure it's not as challenging as origins but it still has a solid story and really fun combat. I just wish it lasted longer, and I'll admit the reuse of levels was a bit irritating lol. Still a fun game with a solid story though lol.

I mean when you're cradling your mother in the game Leandra while she is dying, that was pretty brutal lol.

That part was sooooo brutal... I like DAII as well but the repetitive maps sort of ruined it a bit for me. Didn't it enjoy as much as I thought I would when it came out.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Dwarf noble, and city elf are my favorites, followed by human noble.

I hated Dragon age 2.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vortex13

Wow nobody has picked dwarf commoner or city elf. I really Liked city elf, and dwarf commoner but I will admit that dwarf commoner is my least favorite out of them. Still like it though. All of the origins are just awesome.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Blood1991

@CaioTrubat said:

@Vortex13: I also played mostly as a mage in DAII because I felt like was more pivotal to the story than a rogue or warrior might be. The downside is that my surviving sibling Carver was really annoying, I had him killed in the Deep Roads lol. I liked Bethany a lot better.

Ugh Carver was annoying. I kinda understood where he was coming from, but I was happy to see the grey wardens take his a$$. I agree that being a mage seems to play alot more into the story than being a rogue or warrior, but the rogue class was alot of fun. I'm hoping to see more stealth involved in the third game.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Inverno

@Blood1991: Everytime you tried to be nice with him, he treated you like s***. I made sure to bring him along in the Deep Roads without Anders so that he could die. I couldn't bear he still alive even as a Grey Warden.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blood1991

@CaioTrubat said:

@Blood1991: Everytime you tried to be nice with him, he treated you like s***. I made sure to bring him along in the Deep Roads without Anders so that he could die. I couldn't bear he still alive even as a Grey Warden.

I'm cool with him as a Grey Warden. When whatever devil spawn eventually pops out of Morrigan and leads an Army of Darkspawns he is one more human shield.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Inverno

@Blood1991 said:

@CaioTrubat said:

I'm cool with him as a Grey Warden. When whatever devil spawn eventually pops out of Morrigan and leads an Army of Darkspawns he is one more human shield.

LMAO It will be hillarious to see that happen, but I would be saddened if that happened to Bethany :(

I forgot that little detail desperately needing closure. Can't wait to kick the demon child's ass in Inquisition... if he ever shows up.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Blood1991

@CaioTrubat said:

@Blood1991 said:

@CaioTrubat said:

LMAO It will be hillarious to see that happen, but I would be saddened if that happened to Bethany :(

I forgot that little detail desperately needing closure. Can't wait to kick the demon child's ass in Inquisition... if he ever shows up.

Same and I want to see Flemeth have taken over Morrigan and manipulatind said demon spawn lol. That way You face a civil war, a dark spawn invasion, a sorceress that won't freakin die that turns into a dragon and the Child of your "or Alistair's" night with Morrigan. That is the game I want to play.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By Deranged Midget

Dwarf noble ftw.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Circle Mage FTW.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@CaioTrubat said:

For Bioware fans, which origin was the best one to play?

Human Noble
Human Noble
Dwarf Noble
Dwarf Noble
Dwarf Commoner
Dwarf Commoner
Dalish Elf
Dalish Elf
City Elf
City Elf
Circle Mage
Circle Mage

MAGE!!!!

However, I must say that I absolutely love the fact that most of the looks in those concepts can only be achieved via some good mods.lol

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bruxae

Ive tried all except dalish and dwarf noble, and I gotta say the best ones by far is Dwarven Commoner (Casteless) and City Elf.

The Circle and Human one felt very action oriented, and while they werent bad they just seemed very average and mainstreamed hero stories while the City Elf was very emotionally engaging, despite that I dont like elfs very much.

Dwarven Commoner is probably my second favorite, although I wont comment as much on it since its the only one fresh in memory I might be a little biased.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By reignmaker

God, I love this game. Don't have a lot of faith in Dragon Age III.