#1 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

so this topic comes to me because alot of guys whom i know are complaining all over the multiverse about they can't get girls cause they are nice guys, and nice guys finish last...and all that pitty nonsesnse and in my mind i say to my self these guys aren't nice guys, they are obnoxious, lack self-confidence, pushovers, try their hardest to impress people, are afraid to be themselves and yea they do respect women, but either they don't respect themselves, or that they only respect women in front of the woman's face and are whole different story with their friends (i mean just cause your not an a*shole/bully/wifebeater doesn't automatically mean your a nice guy)

IMO a nice guy is a guy who is confident, but not cocky, respects himself as well as others, values other's opinions, but is an independent thinker, who isn't ignorant, acts genuinely kind and helps others, but isn't a pushover and knows when to say no, the guys who I mention above possess none of these traits, and then i began to think, everybody probably has their own definition of a nice guy so i am asking the community what is your definition of a nice guy

#2 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody who isn't afraid to stand up for what they believe in, never stabs a friend in the back or lies, and goes out of the way sometimes for the little things to brighten people's day.

#3 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102 said:
Somebody who isn't afraid to stand up for what they believe in, never stabs a friend in the back or lies, and goes out of the way sometimes for the little things to brighten people's day.
I love this definition very much
#4 Posted by Mr. Mercury (19528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent9149 said:
@Dracade102 said:
Yeah!
#5 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent9149@Mr. Mercury: Thanks!!
#6 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

the guy who saves the puppy/teddy bear hospital from a fire

#7 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice guy doesn't pretend to be something he is not, like me. 

#8 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102 said:
that. and someone that's also taken advantage on by others...
#9 Posted by The Stegman (24460 posts) - - Show Bio

i could list all the attributes of a nice guy but instead...just think Clark Kent and that's pretty much what a nice guy is

#10 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: LOl I was gonna type Superman.
#11 Posted by The Stegman (24460 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: well he is one of the nicest guys in comics
#12 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
@Dracade102 said:
that. and someone that's also taken advantage on by others...
I don't like thinking all nice people are taken advantage of... FDR and Abe Lincoln were pretty nice guys, and they saved teh country and doesn't afraid of anything.
#13 Posted by mikethekiller (8412 posts) - - Show Bio

The opposite of a douchebag 

#14 Posted by superojsimpson (784 posts) - - Show Bio

If there were naked hot women kissing in front of you, what would you do?
see that question? What you wouldn't do is the definition of a nice guy.

#15 Posted by Scalar (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

A yes man.

#16 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

A guy with a pleasant and/or nice demeanor.

#17 Posted by MikeLitoris (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice guy is code for "completely unfuckable doormat who'll listen to my problems." Sorry.

#18 Posted by superojsimpson (784 posts) - - Show Bio

aha. you got me there pink man. you got me.. :)

BB.

#19 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (589 posts) - - Show Bio
@MikeLitoris said:
Nice guy is code for "completely unfuckable doormat who'll listen to my problems." Sorry.
Is there something wrong with that? Why does every woman have to be just an object to have sex with? Sometimes it's worth it to be nice to a person just because they deserve it and it's the right thing to do. Sex should never be your only reason for being around someone, unless you're with a prostitute or something.
#20 Posted by The Stegman (24460 posts) - - Show Bio
@MikeLitoris:  

Nice guy is code for "completely unfuckable doormat who'll listen to my problems." Sorry

why is that bad exactly? which would be a better person to date or even be friends with 

1. a rude arrogant prick who will pretend to listen to a girl to get in her pants, then probably dump her after he has succeeded and move on to the next victim 

2. or someone who actually cares about what someone has to say and treats them the same way they would want to be treated?  
#21 Posted by superojsimpson (784 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like  a kind, romantic girl who loves me and laughs at my jokes and hear's my problems aswell as enjoying my accomplishments.  gotta be a bit hot aswell.

BB.

#22 Posted by CapFanboy (5141 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mechanical_Ape said:
@MikeLitoris said:
Is there something wrong with that? Why does every woman have to be just an object to have sex with? Sometimes it's worth it to be nice to a person just because they deserve it and it's the right thing to do. Sex should never be your only reason for being around someone, unless you're with a prostitute or something.
I think there should be a balance between the two. Y'see, most men who don't get "it" in their relationship try and find it elsewhere. However, if it revolves totally around sex then give up, it isn't a relationship. It's a fling.
#23 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Mercury said:
@Agent9149 said:
@Dracade102 said:
Yeah!
#24 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio
@MikeLitoris
Wow, you need to chill the **** down dude! JEEZ!
#25 Posted by Samimista (20717 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102 said:
This is a good definition for it.