What is the worse state in the united states of america?

• 169 results
DaseanComerWCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By DaseanComerWCR

@dctv3363: its worse more racist imean its the south lol jk southern ppl but yea its history is worse and murder is cray cray

MisterAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Poverty is the worst state to be in within the United States.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By deathstroke19

@nefarious: @tazzmission: @commander_kane: i dont know what you guys are talking about but Chicago is da best. What makes you say it's the worst? I can see you've already been proven wrong about the murder rate so that's not true but do you just not like it or what? @outlawrenegade: the south side has some extremely nice and beautiful neighborhoods as well. Have you ever actually been to Chicago?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@manchine: HEY!! Tony Soprano is from jersey, that automatically makes it awesome

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Yokergeist

@deathstroke19:

No. Part of the reason I don't like Chicago is because I'm a packer fan.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By deathstroke19
Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19:

Sorry, I clicked "post reply" by mistake before I was done typing.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supernategames: LMFAO! Ok well your reasons are justified and extremely reasonable but.... You should probably leave jk lol.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Commander_Kane

@deathstroke19: Look, don't take what I said to seriously. I honestly don't think it's the worst city, but actually I'm right about it having the highest murder rate, statistically anyway. (Still think that belongs to Detroit) But that doesn't necessarily define the city itself with all it's culture and history. I think your Mayor is an moron, but who's mayor isn't really lol

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@commander_kane: lol all right. Are you talking about Emanuel? Ugh i couldn't agree more about him but i don't want to talk about him here because they might be watching....

P.S. Nice profile pic lol

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Commander_Kane

@commander_kane: That would be him, haha. Jon Stewart was hammering him on the daily show a few weeks ago and i couldn't stop laughing.

And same to you, can't go wrong with Slade. Lol

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#163  Edited By HeckTate

@cuddlebear: Your opinion means nothing to me because you've demonstrated so many times now that you're totally unable to bring anything intelligent to the table. This would be one thing if you had any ability, any at all, to articulate your opinions and ideas, but clearly you either don't have that ability, or you don't have any original ideas. Please find someone else to annoy, I have no interest in being reminded that people like you have an equal say in the workings of our society as intelligent people.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hecktate said:

@cuddlebear: Your opinion means nothing to me because you've demonstrated so many times now that you're totally unable to bring anything intelligent to the table. This would be one thing if you had any ability, any at all, to articulate your opinions and ideas, but clearly you either don't have that ability, or you don't have any original ideas. Please find someone else to annoy, I have no interest in being reminded that people like you have an equal say in the workings of our society as intelligent people.

mmm

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Mexico

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By TrueMoonchilde
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomguy said:

@hecktate said:

@doomguy: You're really confused as to why naming buildings after people who instigated the Civil War, one of the bloodiest periods in American history, so that they could continue to systematically abuse and demean entire groups of people is offensive? Jefferson Davis, Robert E Lee, and every other high ranking officer of the Confederacy were traitors. They willingly lead an army of former Americans against the United States government, but yeah let's honor them by naming our American public buildings after them so that our children may aspire to grow up to be great American heroes like . . . Jefferson Davis.

First of all if you think the Civil War was about slavery then you really need to study your history better. Quotes from Lincoln himself and the proposed Corwin Amendment prove that. So look that up.

But, if Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee are traitors then George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and our founding fathers are just the same. The South saw the country their grandfathers established being done away with, with the North demanding a more centralized government and less state rights (EDIT: Which is one reason why our country is in a sh*thole now). With the North placing tariffs and high taxes on the South was pretty much the last straw. Now, I'm not going to say slavery didn't have NO reason at all for being a reason the South SECEDED, but it definitely wasn't the main reason, again, the Corwin Amendment proving that.

Okay. So the South seceded and wanted to become their own country. They didn't want to invade the North and take over the federal government, no, theres not a single piece of evidence for that being their objective. They wanted to be left alone but Lincoln, as stating in many speeches, said he would do anything in his power to preserve the Union.

The South took over all military bases in their lands, seeing them as their own state's property. When South Carolina demanded the evacuation of Union troops at Ft. Sumter, and Lincoln refusing to give in and continuing to send supplies to the fort is when South Carolina decided to attack. No one was killed in the assault, and that's when Lincoln demanded a army to be formed to invade the South and take back what they saw was theirs.

That's when states that haven't already seceded decided to secede (Virginia, Tennessee, etc.). Which proves that secession wasn't all about slavery AGAIN.

The war could have been avoided, all those lives lost could have been avoided. Easily. The North are just as much to blame as the South is for all those lives lost. The South was doing what they believed their founding fathers gave them the right to. When their government became corrupt, they will break away and establish their own. Why do you think George Washington is in the Great Seal of the Confederacy? They were not, at all, traitors. To think that is idiotic. They were doing just as the colonies were doing when they broke away from England's rule.

Slavery being abolished didn't become an objective of Lincoln til the war was nearly over. And the Emancipation Proclamation was basically a strategic move to let England and France know they were against slavery, to prevent France or England in recognizing the Confederacy, and also was done to cause mass panic in the South, Lincoln thinking the slaves would quit working, start revolting, or join the Union army.

Do you know the EP only 'freed' slaves in the states that seceded? Where Lincoln had no control over? Yes. The EP didn't free ONE slave in the border states, such as Missouri, Delaware, and Maryland. No slave in the Americas was freed til after the war, with the passing of the 13th Amendment. Lincoln was by far NOT an abolitionists, and was indeed a white supremacist. He hated slavery, ofcoarse, but believed white people to be superior to blacks, and didn't think blacks should live amongst whites.

Anyways. The war wasn't about slavery, the South were not traitors, and the sole reason the Confederate battle flag was made was to allow the CSA to tell the difference between their flag and the Union flag during battles (The Stars and Bars was easily confused with Union flags and caused confusion on the battlefield). The X on the Confederate battle flag is the same X on Scotlands national flag. It's the cross of St. Andrews.

This.

The American flag is just as bad as the Confederate flag. Both are bad.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this thread went from who has the worst state to "let's crap on the American flag"? smh...

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this thread went from who has the worst state to "let's crap on the American flag"? smh...

It turned into "Let's defend the Confederate Flag and Jefferson Davis, the man who led thousands to their deaths under that flag because they felt that slavery was a good system for America." (and yes it was about slavery. Anyone who thinks States Rights or taxes were the underlying cause of the Civil War find yourself a copy of "Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union," and you'll see slavery was cited as the primary reason they wanted to secede)

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slavery was apart of it, but not the sole reason. But hey, those not proud to be an American there's the door lol

As many have already stated, nobody's perfect.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@hecktate said:

@vaeternus said:

It turned into "Let's defend the Confederate Flag and Jefferson Davis, the man who led thousands to their deaths under that flag because they felt that slavery was a good system for America." (and yes it was about slavery. Anyone who thinks States Rights or taxes were the underlying cause of the Civil War find yourself a copy of "Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union," and you'll see slavery was cited as the primary reason they wanted to secede)

We're never going to move past this are we?

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By HeckTate

@dngn4774: I would love to move past it because frankly, I don't understand why it's up for debate at all. We have copies of the very formal document that South Carolina sent to the president in order to secede, where they list their "grievances" in their own words. Chief among them is slavery not being tolerated in the North as it was in the Southern States. If you think they left because of state's rights then why did South Carolina fight very hard for a strong federal government after the failure of the Articles of Confederation and why did Jefferson Davis lead the Confederacy with such a heavy-handed federal power? If someone tries to pass off known historical inaccuracies as fact then I'm going to step in and correct them. Sorry, but no one's interpretation of events 100 years later is as valid as the words of the people who took the debated actions.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FLORIDA!

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By JeanRalphio

@doomguy said:

@judasnixon said:

@black_claw: Look at their F-ing flag!

No Caption Provided

What's wrong with the flag? The Confederate battle flag in it?

Don't tell me you're one of those people who think that symbol represents slavery, racism, and hate.

@hecktate What's wrong with public buildings being named after Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis? And what's wrong with the Confederate battle flag? Also, I'm proud of my ancestors that fought for the Confederacy in the Civil War. I had over 20 ancestors that fought for the South. Does that make me a bad person? Since my ancestors fought for the South does that make them slavery loving racists who would be the first in line to join the KKK?

I'm pretty sure there are some Germans proud of their ancestors killing innocents too.