• 173 results
#1 Edited by judasnixon (6653 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the worse state in the united states of america?

#2 Edited by Rouflex (19245 posts) - - Show Bio

This is silly.

#3 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18418 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by judasnixon (6653 posts) - - Show Bio

Mississippi! I hate those A-holes sooooooooooooooo much!

#5 Posted by Cgoodness (5148 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe West Virginia (no offense to anyone from their). they have the worst educational system, bad economy, high obesity %, etc

#6 Posted by Black_Claw (3009 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Mississippi, no contest. The fact that they were the last state to ratify the 13th amendment (in 2013!!!) should say something.

#7 Posted by judasnixon (6653 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Rouflex (19245 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon:

This one is weird...

Edit:This is a real flag.

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna have to go with Michagan due to the pressence of Detroit.

#11 Posted by Rouflex (19245 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry for them (Détroit).

#12 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by dngn4774 (3220 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: There's no way for this thread to end well. But if we go by money or education Mississippi draws the short straw.

#14 Posted by consolemaster001 (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Mississippi, no contest. The fact that they were the last state to ratify the 13th amendment (in 2013!!!) should say something.

Cut them some slack

They wanted to make it perfect 13-2013

#15 Posted by Xwraith (19368 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw said:

Cut them some slack

They actually voted to ratify it in 1995, but it took until this year to notify the Office of the Federal Register (I don't even know what that is) about it.

#16 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Illinois. I know some guys from Chicago and they are a-holes.

#17 Posted by toptom (1216 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw said:

Cut them some slack

well...that makes sense.

#18 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1832 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

SMH

#20 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

Whichever one the OP comes from. For breeding people with that train of thought.

#21 Edited by Stevens61310 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure if there is a hidden agenda here. And truthfully most people have probably different experiences.But I will give you my experiences. This is not posted as fact but as observations from the people I have interacted with. And who knows maybe I am in the minority.

I was born and raised in Illinois. Almost everyone I knew was polite and helpful. I have never seen the people of any other state go out of their way to help their neighbor quite like the people of Illinois.

The biggest jerk I ever met was from Missouri. The second biggest was from Rhode Island

On a whole the people of Texas are quite rude and arrogant. Although they have some of the prettiest women I have ever met

I know a dozen people from Arizona. I have never met a bigger group of anti-Americans and anarchists in my life.

Any state that harbors a large Tea Party affiliation is headed towards fascism and should be avoided at all costs

#22 Posted by Onemoreposter (4069 posts) - - Show Bio

As a native Floridian I don't think our state is the "worst" but certainly the most crazy/retarded stuff happens down there. Ha, I actually kinda love it :p

#23 Edited by Manchine (4184 posts) - - Show Bio

For the most part New Jersey (AND NEW YORK CITY ITSELF) I work in a call center I talk to lots of people all over the place. The one place everyone hates to get a call from is NEW JERSEY! Some of the rudest people are from New Jersey (not all mind you I have been pleasantly surprised by some). For the most part nothing is ever good enough for people in New Jersey.

I was told a long time ago. I happen to agree with it because where I work. The prettier the scenery the nicer the people.

#24 Posted by HeckTate (1306 posts) - - Show Bio

South Carolina is pretty near the top of this list. They were one of the few states who refused to ratify the Constitution unless it allowed slavery, they're the state with the highest rate of domestic abuse, and highest rates of man on woman violence and murder, they flew the Confederate flag in front of their state house until very recently, have multiple schools or public buildings named after Confederate generals (like the Robert E Lee Academy or the Jefferson Davis Academy), and are in general proud of their confederate roots (it's the type of place that thinks each state should be able to make their own decisions regarding the legality of slavery).

But currently I'd say Florida. I sure as hell won't be going anywhere near that god-forsaken hellhole no matter how many tourism commercials they run. It's just not worth visiting anywhere that encourages the "shoot first, avoid questions later," response.

#25 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

As someone who lives about two hours from Detroit, I'd just like to corroborate this statement

#26 Posted by russellmania77 (15673 posts) - - Show Bio

Louisiana

#27 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone says New York I'm going to aggressively drive to your house in my Knick's snapback blasting Wu-Tang Clan, kicking in the door waving the four-four, and berate you to death with how awesome/sh*tty our sports teams are and how everything in your state is not what it should be (read: exactly like NY).

SON!!!!

#28 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8151 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@rouflex said:

This is SPARTA (The Worst City-State :P).

As someone whose travelled around alot I gotta say Southeren New Hampshire is awful, its just a hateful place

#29 Posted by Rouflex (19245 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8151 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Rouflex (19245 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by _Gaff_ (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

Why u hate me? *starts crying*

But seriously, as a native born Mississippian who has lived here my entire life, I can say with confidence that Mississippi has the most irrational thinkers in the entire USA.

When I have the money I am moving to Vermont or Washington.

#33 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8151 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@rouflex said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@batmannflash said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@rouflex said:

This is silly

I'm silly

Dont be so rude with yourself...

NEVER :P

Dacodac.

Duck Go Quack?

@_gaff_ said:
@judasnixon said:

Why u hate me? *starts crying*

But seriously, as a native born Mississippian who has lived here my entire life, I can say with confidence that Mississippi has the most irrational thinkers in the entire USA.

When I have the money I am moving to Vermont or Washington.

Thats where I live, Burlington VT the cleanest most THC driven Little Open City :3

#34 Edited by kcjr (338 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise: I was going to say NY, but I...I...I changed my mind!

#35 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't name a state in particular, however

If anyone says New York I'm going to aggressively drive to your house in my Knick's snapback blasting Wu-Tang Clan, kicking in the door waving the four-four, and berate you to death with how awesome/sh*tty our sports teams are and how everything in your state is not what it should be (read: exactly like NY).

SON!!!!

This

#36 Posted by judasnixon (6653 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: Most of Louisiana suuuuuuuuuuuucks, but I do love living in my New Orleans.

#37 Edited by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise said:

SON!!!!

I don't think New York is the worst place, I just would like New Yorkers to stop telling everyone how awesome they think they are compared to everyone else. Its like if you have a guy at work who has some cool stuff at home and comes in every day telling all his co workers how awesome he is and why everyone should want to be him, he may think he sounds cool but everyone else just thinks he's being a dick.

#38 Posted by Bruxae (14004 posts) - - Show Bio

This needs to get locked soon.

#39 Posted by Thitiki (4210 posts) - - Show Bio

I live in Michigan not that bad. Detroit isn't horrible like people make it out to be. I've walked through some of the most ghetto parts of Detroit and talk with some of the people on the block and they're good people.

#40 Posted by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

liberals state of mind is pretty bad

#41 Edited by Cooldes (4139 posts) - - Show Bio

why do you guys gotta hate on us floridians? are you jelly that in south florida we can go any direction(but north) and go a beach? or that we don't have to suffer the harsh cold of winter? it's almost december and i went outside and sweat yesterday, i had to turn my car's AC on. I LOVE IT HERE!!

anywho, i'd say new jersey because it's basically a large dumpster

#42 Edited by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

@black_claw: Look at their F-ing flag!

What's wrong with the flag? The Confederate battle flag in it?

Don't tell me you're one of those people who think that symbol represents slavery, racism, and hate.

@hecktate What's wrong with public buildings being named after Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis? And what's wrong with the Confederate battle flag? Also, I'm proud of my ancestors that fought for the Confederacy in the Civil War. I had over 20 ancestors that fought for the South. Does that make me a bad person? Since my ancestors fought for the South does that make them slavery loving racists who would be the first in line to join the KKK?

#43 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way, this thread is stupid, and could cause someone to get offended quickly.

#44 Posted by PowerHerc (85083 posts) - - Show Bio

None of 'em. They're all great in some way.

#45 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

As of right this second, Michigan. It is literally a post-apocalyptic gangland warzone in certain areas, with dead bodies in the street.

#46 Posted by laflux (16816 posts) - - Show Bio

Isreal

#47 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (11372 posts) - - Show Bio

The State of Depression

#48 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Edited by laflux (16816 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio