what is inspired you to wanna make comicbooks?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

for those who aspire to become a professional comicbook writer or artist, what point in your life made you want to start your journey to make comics?

mine; i started drawing at a very young age, dbz inspired the way i drew and back then i didnt know the difference between comics and manga or anime so i always said at that time i wanted to make comic books even tho i didnt read much at all, just watched the dc/marvel animated shows n movies, when i got a lil older i watch more anime n enjoyed it more so i started saying i wanna make anime, until i started reading more comics and realized how much of a symbol Superman was for the american way and freedom n justice (corny i know) something my father tried to teach me, and of course i always saw my father as superman as a lil kid so i finally made the decision to devote myself to comicbooks and making them, even changed my drawing skills to look more like american comic books (more detailed) than dbz style. but i believe i can write the stories better than drawing.

thats my (probably embarrassing) story of inspiring me to do comics. please share yours

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By turoksonofstone

comicbooks.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Um grant money...... I had a grant to go to art school, and I just got back in to comics (stuff like Love and Rockets, Optic Nerve, and Ghost World) and I was going to school for illustration so.... There I found out drawing comics is really F-ing hard. I love doing characters designs, page layouts, covers, but trying to tell a story with pictures is pretty hard. In school you had to write your own comic so I wrote a dark comedy mystery about a armless female detective named Venus De Milo and the villain who was a man who was addicted to self destructive behavior..... I still like writing and drawing both for fun.... Right now I'm kicking around the Idea what if Game of Thrones was a Punk Rock Space Pirates Epic Adventure, and I really enjoy doing character redesigns..... (I thought how awesome Magik would look sporting a bright yellow and red Pussy Riot band T-shirt into battle) I just don't think I have it in me to do it for a living........ One day I might get off my lazy ass and start posting a small web comic. Just for fun.......

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Since I was kid, I always like making drawings and stories of all kinds. Sometimes I feel inspired to write one due to some crazy dream I had.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@russellmania77: I wrote one story (not drawn yet) based on what started out as a very vicious nightmare involving bugs destroying mankind, but ended like a hopeful dream. I had to write it down because it was so lucid and I remembered it with so much detail.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: sounds good, ya i remember alot of old nightmares too in details even some from long long ago, but i never thought to put them as a story hmmm

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As a kid, I guess I had a penchant for drawing. Never had any formal art training, but I always aspired to be an artist of some form. It wasn't until I started reading comics that I saw a penciller as a legitimate ambition. I mean, I watched the animated series before, but it wasn't until I read Moon Knight that it inspired me.

I still get weird glances whenever I say that's my dream job though :p

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: yeah but at the end of the day its your dream, makes you happy so it doesnt matter how they look or say to u bro

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@veshark: yeah but at the end of the day its your dream, makes you happy so it doesnt matter how they look or say to u bro

True that ;)