what if we stood stilll

theundead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By theundead

ummm... how am i gonna start this question?

its a lil about time and the earth not rotating....
        so what if the earth stopped turning around ... we know that the rotation and the revolution of our planet  is the main reason of time \
   but if it stopped would the clocks stop ticking too?      and what are the problems this would prolly cause 

ive had these kind of question in my mind for years and i just wanna know

BTW thanx for the people who taught me what is rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppg

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LT1085

You might want to go back to science class, Earth's rotation/revolution is not that reason time exists. Time is dimensional. Why would the mechanics or digital components of a watch suddenly break if the earth stopped moving? What do you think happens to astronauts in space?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Darkseid Elite

If Earth stopped roating we'd still revolve around the Sun. Winters and summers would be a lot longer for which ever part of the Earth at the time is facing the sun and which ever part isn't.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe
@Darkseid Elite: actually the part facing the sun would eventually burn to cinders while the part facing away froze but it would have absolutly no effect on the progression of time 
Fluke-buddha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Fluke-buddha

If the earth stopped spinning we'd all be dead.  It spins at around 1000  mph, so everything not attached to the bedrock would still be going that speed if it suddenly stopped.   Not to mention that atmosphere itself would still spin and most likely scour everything to death with what is effectively a 1000 mph wind.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By lagoon_boy
If the earth stopped revolving, the already set up clocks would still run, and as stated by the user who posted first, what do you think happens to astronauts?
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

I believe that we can all agree that whatever happens would involve horrible death