What if Spider Queen was more popular than Spider-man?

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rouflex

What if the 1940s SQ had a greater impact on the United Statien of North America culture than Peter Parker? Would she be considered the most popular Superheroine? Or would Wonder Woman still beat her in this area? Would Marvel still have made it through today ages? Would she have a better costume in the hypothese that she would have made it throught today era? Questions must have a answer or something...

No Caption Provided

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nah.

Beata

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Why not The Spider?

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not The Spider?

He's not the subject of my thread and perhaps he's not evan a comic character (Pulp one IIRC).

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@rouflex: He's had multiple comic series also pulps are just comics printed on pulp paper but ok

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: The main point was in the first part of my comment but ok.

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Jack Kirby might`ve still worked for Marvel, and made it a huge hit. But what if he would worked for SQ? What if SQ and DC would be the Big Two of today? What if Nedor and SQ would be? What if Kirby woulda died in WWII, or to some other causes, before Marvel-years? What if he woulda started his own publishing company instead? What if it woulda been popular? What if he coulda made his Thor, Fantastic four and New gods the way he wanted? What would they have had been like?

This is the problem with What if?s. Good it also makes them enjoyable.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rouflex
@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

Jack Kirby might`ve still worked for Marvel, and made it a huge hit. But what if he would worked for SQ? What if SQ and DC would be the Big Two of today? What if Nedor and SQ would be? What if Kirby woulda died in WWII, or to some other causes, before Marvel-years? What if he woulda started his own publishing company instead? What if it woulda been popular? What if he coulda made his Thor, Fantastic four and New gods the way he wanted? What would they have had been like?

This is the problem with What if?s. Good it also makes them enjoyable.

Only Gods know the answer but it is pleasant for one to lay on his balcony and look at the horizon while thinking ''What if Spider Queen was more popular than Spider-man''... In my opinion we are in one of those fews realities where Marvel have made it through. If you look back, there are so many potential reasons for Marvel to just stay at the bay but he still made it... I would prefer it vanished over what happened! Captain Marvel was supposed to be the most popular Superhero of all time (Or a Top Gun) but they went bankrupt! Rest in peace Fawcett Publications...

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kfhrfdu_89_76k

@rouflex:

Yeah, but they left behind a ton of published stories.

I don`t like anything being popular, mind you. Spider queen is more valuable this way.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: Fawcett Publications would have published a lot more of stories. I would be more than pleased to sacrifice his today death spot for a bunch of new characters, Billy Batson spot in a company against and the possible erase from existance of Marvel... Popularity has it pros and cons and i have to say that one should not be afraid of it.

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex:

Bunch of Fawcett comics are in public domain. What is needed, is creators enthusiastic about the material, to make homages and stuff. I`m not interested, but...you oughta have a go?

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: I know that (I'm not interested if that was your question)...Even if one would be willing to, how could it have the ''prevoyance'' of writing comic books that would have been made between then and now? Also, the hommage would not be the same as it would not include that evolution of the avatar... Just like if Superman died in the Golden Age and someone would made a hommage of him, its would not be the same thing. Now all i say is that i would have preferred to see a surviving Fawcett Publications over his death and this at the risk of erasing Marvel from history.

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex:

There`s been evolution at DC. Interesting developments. Cool and awful ones. Of course he`s not as praised as Superman, but it hasn`t stopped Marvels from being used.

Besides, superman became a pseudo Billy Batson.

Kirby woulda gone to some other company, so I wouldn`t mind. ( Especially since I hate Marvel. )

They prolly wouldn`t have had been more fair, though. Which I would mind.