• 59 results
#1 Posted by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

......between alternate versions of yourself?

Discuss.

#2 Edited by _Gaff_ (3430 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, the only dreams I ever have are ones in which I lose all my teeth. So...

#3 Posted by RBT (4228 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, my alternate self is pretty lucky with girls then..

#4 Posted by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

Mine too.

Especially Katy Perry. Lucky bastard.

#5 Edited by JetiiMitra (8663 posts) - - Show Bio

Fragging lucky sons of guns out there.

And sad ones.

And just plain weird ones.

I hope my memories aren't too boring for the others.

#6 Posted by JetiiMitra (8663 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, then what is lucid dreaming?

#7 Posted by MonsterStomp (18187 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Dreams you control. Dreams where you're Neo in the Matrix.

#8 Edited by JetiiMitra (8663 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by MonsterStomp (18187 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: People say you can lucid dream through sheer will with practice. I've tried it, got impatient so I quit.

#10 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreams: Awesome.

Nightmares: Not awesome.

#11 Edited by McDerpyson (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Then it's safe to say I'm an insane (dreamed about being brutally murdered by a house cat) and horny bastard (Kat Dennings is my beau)... All 10000000000000000000000 and 1 of me....

#12 Posted by JetiiMitra (8663 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: I believe I've had lucid dreams before, but just through luck. Sometimes because I refused to wake up and just clung on to dreaming.

#13 Posted by Ostyo (8219 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like something Keanu Reeves would say.

#14 Posted by Jake Fury (18738 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha! Nice thread. I'm always telling my wife that my dreams are glimpses into alternate realities.

#15 Posted by MonsterStomp (18187 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: I love lucid dreams. You can live your fantasies.

#16 Edited by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: People say you can lucid dream through sheer will with practice. I've tried it, got impatient so I quit.

I think nearly everyone does that at some point.

I've only been able to ever do it once. Was in an old school House where for some reason the Windows were barred up. I tried to use the front door to escape, but it wouldn't even budge. I went back upstairs to try and remove the bar from the windows. Then I realized I had passed out on my couch an hour ago, why am I all of a sudden in an old house? Suddenly, I could literally control everything that was in the house. The bars disappeared, the window burst open, and I began to fly out of the window. That's where, unfortunately, the dream ended. :(

One thing to note if you want to try lucid dreaming: It doesn't last for long at all.

#17 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

I have nightmares with someone always dying in my dreams.

#18 Posted by Samimista (20750 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo said:

Sounds like something Keanu Reeves would say.

Hehe! xD Was thinking this too!

#19 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1763 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that is the question. In all my years in psychology practice, observing many individuals, I have come across a conclusion. We are all actually tiny receptors in the abdulla oblongata of the carnivorous hybrid between a narwahl and wombat on planet sexy. Yes this is the undeniable truth. FACE IT!

#20 Posted by JetiiMitra (8663 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Yep. It's literally going god-mode. Anything you want - bam.

#21 Edited by MonsterStomp (18187 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: When I was practicing lucid dreaming. I'd succeed for a brief moment and then wake up, but then I'd go right back into it. It was strange. Anyway the first thing I normally do is go fight a gang or fly.

#22 Posted by Ostyo (8219 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by PotatoOfDoom (491 posts) - - Show Bio

Well...it would be weird...I always end up dead or killing someone.

Today I "died" trying to defeat a "shapeless" ice monster, It killed my grandma, then my dog, then my mother, then I died of cold.

But when I was 12 I ripped Freddy Krueger in half. .__.

#24 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been meaning to try and teach myself lucid dreaming. My friend's been telling me all about it recently

#25 Posted by HumanRocket (8349 posts) - - Show Bio

Ill go even deeper. What if when we dream we make a new universe and if so then the world were living right now is just a dream that can end at any second?

#26 Edited by Squares (6849 posts) - - Show Bio

Then my other selves have really awful lives, my dreams are terrible.

#27 Edited by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

Would you be pissed if in the second you were going to die in real life, you woke up in your bed and you were 6 years old?

I've often thought about this and the answer is I'd just kill myself over again. Thats for f%^king with the wrong guy, God! >:D

#28 Posted by AmazingAngel (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

My dreams are waaaaaaaay too abstract to make any sense in any context, trust me.

#29 Edited by Baron_von_Santa (4340 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket: like in Homer Simpson?

and i never dream. or at least i can not remember them. which is good for my health

#30 Posted by HumanRocket (8349 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by xlab3000 (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:

@rbt said:

Mine too.

Especially Katy Perry. Lucky bastard.

This

#32 Edited by Baron_von_Santa (4340 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket: then i have to quickly pursue my dream of going to china and eat until i explode

#33 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

the alternate version of me is pretty awesome

#34 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8116 posts) - - Show Bio

So in another world I'm a Pirate who fights Hulk Pirates from a Raft o.o

#35 Posted by Wolverine08 (42776 posts) - - Show Bio

the alternate version of me is pretty awesome

He's ripped, isn't he? :D

#36 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: actually I don't ever dream about that

but I do dream about other...things ;)

#37 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@baron_von_santa: wait you just said you "never dream" but now your saying you want to "quickly pursue my dream of going to china and eat until i explode" lol what?

#38 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4340 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: i never dream when i sleep, but i do have hopes and dreams

#39 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@baron_von_santa: yeah i was joking. I knew what you meant it just sounded bad lol.

#40 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10714 posts) - - Show Bio

I sometimes feel like, let's say Im balancing on a wall, I feel like I fell down and died, as if though it may be in an other world.

#41 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Then I feel very sorry for the alternate reality I glimpsed into where I was six, outside at dusk, and saw some monstrous looking zombies come stumbling out the woods. Then ran inside to see a snowman head laughing at me. Tried to run to the front door, but was dragged by some force away from the door and down the hall towards the dark bathroom, within which there was a headless snowman reaching for me.

At which point, I woke up. Because f*** all that bulls***. Poor alternate me.

#42 Edited by Baron_von_Santa (4340 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: remember, if the alt is smart, he will send all that to you, and another alt version would dream of you, and post in an alt version of comic vine, talking to nobody, because i never dream, so i do not exist. and you other alt would get sent to the asylum in that alt universe

#43 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11702 posts) - - Show Bio

I took a psych class in college and my professor said there was a theory that dreams are a glimpse through the eyes of yourself in an alternate reality. So your theory isn't too far off.

#44 Posted by HumanRocket (8349 posts) - - Show Bio

@baron_von_santa: I wish you luck in your journey hurry while the big guy is still asleep

#45 Posted by The_Tree (7519 posts) - - Show Bio

I once had a dream where I was chased by the Despicable Me minions. That'd be one odd universe.

#46 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4340 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket: lol, thanks. think i will really go there in summer with my family

#47 Posted by HumanRocket (8349 posts) - - Show Bio

@baron_von_santa: nice well I hope you guys will have a great an safe trip and do enjoy the food and the pandas (:

#48 Posted by joshmightbe (24897 posts) - - Show Bio

Then I want to know what my alternate self did to piss off the giant weasel. I have a reoccurring nightmare about a giant weasel trying to kill me.

#49 Edited by Baron_von_Santa (4340 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: lol! your alt might be in a high tech world, he pissed of the weasel and the weasel shrunk him

#50 Posted by joshmightbe (24897 posts) - - Show Bio

@baron_von_santa: But everything else is always regular size, only the weasel seems to be an odd size.