#1 Posted by Fantomex13 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking, what would happen if a real Superhero emerged today, this day in age?

Let's say he has sufficient powers to fight crime on a global scale. For example, someone more like Superman, instead of Spiderman who mainly protects NYC (as far as I know).

What do you guys think would happen? What would he try in stop? Terrorism? Poverty? Hunger? Human Trafficking? Would he be a celebrity, or would he work with the UN/CIA to be kept secret? Would a government agency try to examine his DNA and make super-soldiers out of him or something?

What would happen?

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27356 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fantomex13: This thread has been made a bunch of times already but for the answer you should read a book called The Emissary 
#3 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

The government would track down him and his family, Then make him work for them to do morbid things.

#4 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Government agencies all over the world will try to capture him and experiment with him and use his D.N.A for certain purposes.I

#5 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on his super powers. If he's strong enough so that no government can help him than he would probably be a celebrity and fight crime on a Global scale. It would be better if he was a public celebrity so that the government can't do much too him.

#6 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe this has already been done?

#7 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2166 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason I can't help but think of Kickass lol!

#8 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4637 posts) - - Show Bio

I would become his Jimmy Olsen.

#9 Posted by thespideyguy (2579 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be awesome

@thespideyguy said:

they have
http://www.reallifesuperheroes.com/

Those are not superheroes, those are people with good hearts who want to act like it's Halloween. When in reality, they can just as easily remove the masks and do what they need to do.

#11 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

@thespideyguy said:

they have

Those are not superheroes, those are people with good hearts who want to act like it's Halloween. When in reality, they can just as easily remove the masks and do what they need to do.

Ever heard of Phoenix Jones?He's actually stopped crimes before,He prevented a car jacking,stopped a shooting,and even captured a man wanted by the F.B.I

#12 Posted by The_Thunderer (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Rule the World.

#13 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

@thespideyguy said:

they have

Ever heard of Phoenix Jones?He's actually stopped crimes before,He prevented a car jacking,stopped a shooting,and even captured a man wanted by the F.B.I

I know who he is, he's not a superhero.

#14 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

@thespideyguy said:

they have

I think it really depends on how you interpret a superhero,for me there two things that distinguish a hero from a superhero,one is Consistency and the other is theatricality.

#15 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

@thespideyguy said:

they have

I think it really depends on how you interpret a superhero,for me there two things that distinguish a hero from a superhero,one is Consistency and the other is theatricality.

Batman is the closest to reality a superhero can get really. Phoenix Jones is a wannabe cop who is on the edge of getting arrested (Oh wait, correct myself, he already was), or killed.

#16 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

@thespideyguy said:

they have

Batman is the closest to reality a superhero can get really. Phoenix Jones is a wannabe cop who is on the edge of getting arrested, or killed.

He said he didn't become one because he would have limitations to what he can do.As a civilian,he doesn't have to follow standard procedures.He seems to know what he's doing,he's a former MMA fighter,he wears a bullet proof vest,and a website that sells guns even donated a riot shield to him that can withstand a shotgun blast at point blank range.

#17 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

@thespideyguy said:

they have

Batman is the closest to reality a superhero can get really. Phoenix Jones is a wannabe cop who is on the edge of getting arrested, or killed.

He said he didn't become one because he would have limitations to what he can do.As a civilian,he doesn't have to follow standard procedures.He seems to know what he's doing,he's a former MMA fighter,he wears a bullet proof vest,and a website that sells guns even donated a riot shield to him that can withstand a shotgun blast at point blank range.

He doesn't know what he's doing if he's already been arrested, believe me, he's definitely no superhero. Still just a wannabe cop. He may do the right thing, but he's no Batman.

#18 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

said:

they have

He doesn't know what he's doing if he's already been arrested, believe me, he's definitely no superhero. Still just a wannabe cop. He may do the right thing, but he's no Batman.

Well then I guess someone's going to have to genetically engineer superpowers aren't they?

#19 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

kill him fast. before too many supervillains show up.

#20 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

said:

they have

Well then I guess someone's going to have to genetically engineer superpowers aren't they?

That's what this thread is about...not about a vigilante who should really just join the Seattle Police Department.

#21 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

said:

they have

That's what this thread is about...not about a vigilante who should really just join the Seattle Police Department.

Then let me direct you to this website.http://superhumanscience.wordpress.com/

#22 Posted by JonSmith (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

Working on it. Got the theoretical side worked out, need funding.

#23 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: And that's all in theory, but that's irrelevant to the point of any of those Seattle "superheroes" as you call them, not being superheroes.

#24 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake: And that's all in theory, but that's irrelevant to the point of any of those Seattle "superheroes" as you call them, not being superheroes.

Well let's make a hypothetical scenario,let's just say all of a sudden evolution were to somehow "accelerate".People and new borns start receiving genetic anomalies that grant them abilities like Superhuman strength,stamina,durability,endurance,enhanced senses,high pain tolerance,abnormal skin tones,animal like features such as claws.Now how would people to react to this?Basically it would be like the x-men.People will start to fear them and shun them.Governments agents will look at these people with interest.I can imagine that some of these people will use their powers for criminal purposes,but the question is will any of these people use it for good?

#25 Posted by Wolfrazer (4953 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh so you know, Batman isn't realistic...at least training yourself to his extent isn't. No you want realistic heroes, Question and Vigilantie are more realistic then Batman.

#26 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

Uh so you know, Batman isn't realistic...at least training yourself to his extent isn't. No you want realistic heroes, Question and Vigilantie are more realistic then Batman.

People keep thinking that batman is the most realistic superhero because he doesn't have powers but there are tons of superheroes that don't have super powers and are less skilled and less technologically advanced than batman which would make them more realistic.

#27 Posted by Wolfrazer (4953 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonCake said:

@Wolfrazer said:

People keep thinking that batman is the most realistic superhero because he doesn't have powers but there are tons of superheroes that don't have super powers and are less skilled and less technologically advanced than batman which would make them more realistic.

Yep, yep.
#28 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably become insane with power and enslave the human race

#29 Posted by DTFB (189 posts) - - Show Bio

probably be like that movie jumper.lo. i know i would

@Wolfrazer said:

To me Batman is as much realistic a Superman

#30 Posted by Enemybird (3103 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by thespideyguy (2579 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonCake said:

@Wolfrazer said:

Kick ass is the most realistic
#32 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio