What if a real Superhero emerged today?

Fantomex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fantomex13

I was thinking, what would happen if a real Superhero emerged today, this day in age?

Let's say he has sufficient powers to fight crime on a global scale. For example, someone more like Superman, instead of Spiderman who mainly protects NYC (as far as I know).

What do you guys think would happen? What would he try in stop? Terrorism? Poverty? Hunger? Human Trafficking? Would he be a celebrity, or would he work with the UN/CIA to be kept secret? Would a government agency try to examine his DNA and make super-soldiers out of him or something?

What would happen?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Fantomex13: This thread has been made a bunch of times already but for the answer you should read a book called The Emissary 
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By utotheg38

The government would track down him and his family, Then make him work for them to do morbid things.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CrimsonCake

I think Government agencies all over the world will try to capture him and experiment with him and use his D.N.A for certain purposes.I

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpideyPresence

It depends on his super powers. If he's strong enough so that no government can help him than he would probably be a celebrity and fight crime on a Global scale. It would be better if he was a public celebrity so that the government can't do much too him.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TERMINATORXX

I believe this has already been done?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MAZAHS117

For some reason I can't help but think of Kickass lol!

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

I would become his Jimmy Olsen.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By thespideyguy
HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HBKTimHBK

That would be awesome

@thespideyguy said:

they have
http://www.reallifesuperheroes.com/

Those are not superheroes, those are people with good hearts who want to act like it's Halloween. When in reality, they can just as easily remove the masks and do what they need to do.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CrimsonCake

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

@thespideyguy said:

they have

Those are not superheroes, those are people with good hearts who want to act like it's Halloween. When in reality, they can just as easily remove the masks and do what they need to do.

Ever heard of Phoenix Jones?He's actually stopped crimes before,He prevented a car jacking,stopped a shooting,and even captured a man wanted by the F.B.I

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By The_Thunderer

Rule the World.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

@thespideyguy said:

they have

Ever heard of Phoenix Jones?He's actually stopped crimes before,He prevented a car jacking,stopped a shooting,and even captured a man wanted by the F.B.I

I know who he is, he's not a superhero.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CrimsonCake

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

@thespideyguy said:

they have

I think it really depends on how you interpret a superhero,for me there two things that distinguish a hero from a superhero,one is Consistency and the other is theatricality.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

@thespideyguy said:

they have

I think it really depends on how you interpret a superhero,for me there two things that distinguish a hero from a superhero,one is Consistency and the other is theatricality.

Batman is the closest to reality a superhero can get really. Phoenix Jones is a wannabe cop who is on the edge of getting arrested (Oh wait, correct myself, he already was), or killed.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CrimsonCake

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

@thespideyguy said:

they have

Batman is the closest to reality a superhero can get really. Phoenix Jones is a wannabe cop who is on the edge of getting arrested, or killed.

He said he didn't become one because he would have limitations to what he can do.As a civilian,he doesn't have to follow standard procedures.He seems to know what he's doing,he's a former MMA fighter,he wears a bullet proof vest,and a website that sells guns even donated a riot shield to him that can withstand a shotgun blast at point blank range.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

@thespideyguy said:

they have

Batman is the closest to reality a superhero can get really. Phoenix Jones is a wannabe cop who is on the edge of getting arrested, or killed.

He said he didn't become one because he would have limitations to what he can do.As a civilian,he doesn't have to follow standard procedures.He seems to know what he's doing,he's a former MMA fighter,he wears a bullet proof vest,and a website that sells guns even donated a riot shield to him that can withstand a shotgun blast at point blank range.

He doesn't know what he's doing if he's already been arrested, believe me, he's definitely no superhero. Still just a wannabe cop. He may do the right thing, but he's no Batman.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CrimsonCake

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

said:

they have

He doesn't know what he's doing if he's already been arrested, believe me, he's definitely no superhero. Still just a wannabe cop. He may do the right thing, but he's no Batman.

Well then I guess someone's going to have to genetically engineer superpowers aren't they?

JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JohnnyWalker

kill him fast. before too many supervillains show up.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

said:

they have

Well then I guess someone's going to have to genetically engineer superpowers aren't they?

That's what this thread is about...not about a vigilante who should really just join the Seattle Police Department.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CrimsonCake

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That would be awesome

said:

they have

That's what this thread is about...not about a vigilante who should really just join the Seattle Police Department.

Then let me direct you to this website.http://superhumanscience.wordpress.com/

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JonSmith

@CrimsonCake said:

Working on it. Got the theoretical side worked out, need funding.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@CrimsonCake: And that's all in theory, but that's irrelevant to the point of any of those Seattle "superheroes" as you call them, not being superheroes.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CrimsonCake

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CrimsonCake: And that's all in theory, but that's irrelevant to the point of any of those Seattle "superheroes" as you call them, not being superheroes.

Well let's make a hypothetical scenario,let's just say all of a sudden evolution were to somehow "accelerate".People and new borns start receiving genetic anomalies that grant them abilities like Superhuman strength,stamina,durability,endurance,enhanced senses,high pain tolerance,abnormal skin tones,animal like features such as claws.Now how would people to react to this?Basically it would be like the x-men.People will start to fear them and shun them.Governments agents will look at these people with interest.I can imagine that some of these people will use their powers for criminal purposes,but the question is will any of these people use it for good?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wolfrazer

Uh so you know, Batman isn't realistic...at least training yourself to his extent isn't. No you want realistic heroes, Question and Vigilantie are more realistic then Batman.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CrimsonCake

@Wolfrazer said:

Uh so you know, Batman isn't realistic...at least training yourself to his extent isn't. No you want realistic heroes, Question and Vigilantie are more realistic then Batman.

People keep thinking that batman is the most realistic superhero because he doesn't have powers but there are tons of superheroes that don't have super powers and are less skilled and less technologically advanced than batman which would make them more realistic.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wolfrazer
@CrimsonCake said:

@Wolfrazer said:

People keep thinking that batman is the most realistic superhero because he doesn't have powers but there are tons of superheroes that don't have super powers and are less skilled and less technologically advanced than batman which would make them more realistic.

Yep, yep.
Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably become insane with power and enslave the human race

DTFB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DTFB

probably be like that movie jumper.lo. i know i would

@Wolfrazer said:

To me Batman is as much realistic a Superman

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Enemybird
No Caption Provided
thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thespideyguy
@CrimsonCake said:

@Wolfrazer said:

Kick ass is the most realistic
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By lagoon_boy
No Caption Provided