• 179 results
#1 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

i think when we are younger we believe many things that are not necessarily true and we find out later in life that it is wrong or we no longer believe such a thing.
please feel free to post what you once believe but no longer believe.

i will go 1st:

I once believed weed was the reason why ppl look like heroine addicts. turned out heroine addicts were that way b/c of heroine.. stupid D.A.R.E.  propaganda.. didnt learn the truth till i was about 14

#2 Posted by turoksonofstone (13200 posts) - - Show Bio

I believed in the clause.

#3 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man, they used to tell me marijuana got your fatter because it was fat soluble and made your fat cells bigger. 

WHAT A CROCK A SH*T. As it turns out, marijuana gets you fatter cause you eat a crapload more.

#4 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

i use to think that i could fly if i believe hard enough and had faith b/c of a passage in the bible.. i was innocent..

#5 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch said:
Oh man, they used to tell me marijuana got your fatter because it was fat soluble and made your fat cells bigger.   WHAT A CROCK. As it turns out, marijuana gets you fatter cause you eat a crapload more.
So, they lied to you, but the end product is the same....?
#6 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

i once believed that god and angels were up in the sky behind the clouds watching down on us.

#7 Posted by Ebbm (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to think that sex was when two people rolled around in sheets together while drinking wine and sweating. The wine was necessary. At the time it sounded like the most boring thing in the world.

#8 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

i once believed a similar thing. i believed that hugging and kissing on the lips was how babies were made.

#9 Posted by turoksonofstone (13200 posts) - - Show Bio

I believed in the "Fang" fairy.

#10 Posted by TheCerealKillz (10269 posts) - - Show Bio

I once believed that if a women and man slept together, meaning no sex, they still had a child....

#11 Posted by Fatal (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to believe that children were the future, that we could teach them well but we had to let them lead the way and show them all the beauty they possess inside. That they needed a sense of pride to make things easier, and that their laughter could remind us of how we used to be.

Then I stepped into a classroom. :P

#12 Posted by Nefarious (21878 posts) - - Show Bio

I believed that the Easter Bunny stole eggs.

#13 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

I once believed that an umbrella could break your fall

#14 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@hydrabob said:
@texasdeathmatch said:
Oh man, they used to tell me marijuana got your fatter because it was fat soluble and made your fat cells bigger.   WHAT A CROCK. As it turns out, marijuana gets you fatter cause you eat a crapload more.
So, they lied to you, but the end product is the same....?
Meh not really, if you can exhibit any self control, you won't get fatter.
#15 Posted by Fragneto (746 posts) - - Show Bio

It's still called a Gateway drug.

#16 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fatal said:
I used to believe that children were the future, that we could teach them well but we had to let them lead the way and show them all the beauty they possess inside. That they needed a sense of pride to make things easier, and that their laughter could remind us of how we used to be.  Then I stepped into a classroom. :P
hahaha... are you a teacher?

i once believed that i could be president..
#17 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fragneto said:
Gateway drug for dumb people who, once again, are unable to exhibit self control. I'm not getting into this silly debate though, just saying.
#18 Posted by Amazingoctus (3122 posts) - - Show Bio

I believed not only that Santa was real, but that he was a magical phsyco killer
#19 Posted by Fatal (2072 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking: Thankfully, no. I just don't like little kids. lol
#20 Posted by Darkseid Elite (8424 posts) - - Show Bio

Santa for sure. Set the cookies and milk and everything out. Woke up the next morning to find the cookies and milk on the entertainment center not touched. Man after this I stopped believing in the Easter Bunny and all that crap.
#21 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

I believed that I could be anything I wanted to be- without the connections, money and politics. 
#22 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

i once believed that life was fair

#23 Posted by The Stegman (25488 posts) - - Show Bio

i once believed in Harvey Dent

#24 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

I believed that if I ate my veggies and drank my milk, I would grow up big and strong. Plus, if I ate carrots, my eyesight would be better. Now, I'm short, skinny, and have terrible eyesight

#25 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Perry told me "don't stop believing" and I'm going to do just that. 

#26 Posted by mikethekiller (8470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fragneto said:
not really, once upon a time I smoked weed and I'm perfectly fine today. 

When I was a wee lad I believed that bed bugs were huge monstrous things that would carry me away and eat me while I slept.
#27 Posted by joshmightbe (25009 posts) - - Show Bio
@mikethekiller: I know plenty of people who've smoked weed and done nothing else 
#28 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

I once believed that my Dad was the strongest man in the world and was absolutely invincible.

It's too bad it wasn't true. I miss him mightily.

#29 Posted by mikethekiller (8470 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: That's my point. If you're going to try heroin it's because your an idiot, the weed didn't make you do it.
#30 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

i once believed that my toys would come alive at night and try to kill me if i didnt put them in the toy chest

#31 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking: Your toes?
#32 Posted by CaptinAwesome (317 posts) - - Show Bio

I once believed if I breathed around retarded people I would become a retard.

#33 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I once believed if you were married you automatically get pregnant after that  

I used to think lightning was God taking pictures of the world.
#34 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to believe the toothfairy was a cheapskate.. turns out it were just my parents.

#35 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to think that:  
Babies came out of bellybuttons 
Cartoons were real 
You could only eat cereal for breakfast and that oatmeal was the only thing I should eat while watching CInderella (I really thought this) 
There really was a Muffin Man who lived on Drury Lane.  
Eminem had black eyeballs. 

#36 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to believe in tomorrow. 

#37 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to believe in people. 

I used to believe that children are our future.

But then I read the things that all you dummies used to believe in and that was shattered.

#38 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio

i used to believe that one can sit and sleep in the clouds.. :P

#39 Posted by MrSeaman70 (294 posts) - - Show Bio

When i was small, I used to believe it was ok for adults to have different sex partners every time they got tired or bored with the current partner.

#40 Edited by JediXMan (31222 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember that "step on a crack, break your mother's back" thing?

Yeah. Well my version was this: step on a crack, you fall through and continue to fall into a dark void for all eternity.

I was an imaginative child....

#41 Posted by CapFanboy (5359 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to believe: 
(when I was about 5-6) that if you jumped high enough on a trampoline you'd crash through the sky and god would catch you. 

I still believe: 
Santa Claus is the root of all evil.

#42 Posted by Deep_Six (142 posts) - - Show Bio

When I used to ask my mom how babies were born, she would give me the typical "when two people love each other very much" cop out routine. This only fueled my imagination, and I would envision my pregnant aunt(at the time) dancing a tango with my uncle who I'd imagine biting down on a rose and spinning her around and out popped a baby, from the sky!!

It's almost kind of disturbing how many little things you pick up on later in life, like weird habits your parents had that you might've been oblivious too or even the deep rooted meaning of things(my mother explaining to me how it was proper for "young ladies" who wore skirts/dresses to cross their legs when they sat down, despite me thinking it looked funny i.e)

#43 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I once believed that being a teenager would be the greatest years of my life.....maaaaaan was I stupid! :P

#44 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34292 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53 said:
I once believed that being a teenager would be the greatest years of my life.....maaaaaan was I stupid! :P
man that is not a lie, i wish I was a teenager again and I'm only 23
#45 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87

ehh, I'm only 15, what do I know, right? :P
#46 Posted by xscarletkittie (594 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to believe that people could watch me from wherever they were through a picture of them.

#47 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34292 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe whatever dosent kill you simply makes you stranger 

#48 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to believe to actors lived inside TVs and somehow knew when  to act out a movie.

#49 Posted by King Saturn (224737 posts) - - Show Bio
I once believed that Satan lived in Detroit... 
#50 Posted by dorsk188 (236 posts) - - Show Bio

I once believed that a naked Barbie doll was an accurate representation of the nude female form...  Then a friend of mine showed me a hustler and I nearly threw up. 

Also, Santa, God, religion, and all that nonsense.