#1 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

I know, I know, I've put up way too many things on the subject already. But take a second to actually think it through with me.

Since 2007, fans have ventured into the briny blue to fight mutated druggies, dictatorial psychopaths (Here's looking at you Sophia Lamb) and huge cyborgs with the single job of going back and forth to holes in order to scout for babes-I mean Little Sisters.

As odd as it sounds, it was the sh*t. Expansive environment (ironically in a constricted city), unique model and voices, weaponry, magic without the magic. The 2nd game fixes several problems, like the tedious hacking involving plumbing, and how cameras are always too high to jump to.

But Infinite takes us from the sea and into the skies. It seems cheery and happy, like spring to Bioshock's winter, but it's...off. Uncanny Valley off. It's too happy. Too bright and cheery. It's like looking at a clown; you know there's something weird about them, even if they're the nicest people around (all the clowns I've ever met are sweeties.)

The environment is bigger, and you can explore easier than the standard route you usually end up having to take in campaign mode. It's no MMORPG game, but the fact that independent events happen outside of story is something I want to see to believe.

But what hits me most are the enemies. Big Daddies you largely left alone unless you where after the girls or had to scrape parts from their bodies. Last minute Body Guarding counts too. In Infinite, there are no Little Sisters. So you don't have to by force kill the bosses (not unless you need to sell Handymen body parts in the black market, but that's just me drawing straws there) unless they won't stop coming towards you. However, I don't know if you can bypass encounters with all of them, or you have to go after them at certain points.

What I'd like to see is a visible option to kill or leave alone, rather than say one thing then do the other. I'd like more freedom to explore. I'd like to see the weather changing and going from day to night. If Irrational can give me those, and still keep the genetics of Bioshock inside its new brainchild, then I'd be happier than a clam in a hot tub.

So what are you guys hoping to see from Bioshock Infinite? I'm curious about Voxophones; apparently they place movies as well as videos.

#2 Posted by Pyrogram (36467 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope:

What I'd like to see is a visible option to kill or leave alone, rather than say one thing then do the other. I'd like more freedom to explore. I'd like to see the weather changing and going from day to night. If Irrational can give me those, and still keep the genetics of Bioshock inside its new brainchild, then I'd be happier than a clam in a hot tub.

Nice idea!