• 123 results
#1 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to believe you enter a place where you are surrounded by ones you loved most (including pets) and live eternally until you decide to be reincarnated. I also believe you choose your surroundings, mine would most likely be Hogwarts or starwars universe how about you?

#2 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

Those of us who believe in God believe that when you die, your soul leaves your body and if you're saved you go to heaven and you get a new body and a new name and live eternal life, but not everyone thinks like me and other christians.... However they say we wont be 100% sure until we die if theirs an after life or where our souls go....Alot people are athiest and don't believe in God, Heaven or Hell, they believe when you die, its an eternal sleep...

Me personally ( Not trying to preech even though I am. ) When you die, your soul leaves your body and you either go to heaven or hell, depending if you've rejected the name of Jesus Christ or not... ( not trying to judge, just going by what my bible tells me. ) so yes when you die, their is an after life... In my belief...

#3 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on your religious ideology

I'm an Athiest, my belief is that when you die your body decomposes, and thats the end of it. Seems pesimistic, but I spend my life with the goal that when I shut my eyes for good, that my last thoughts are not that of regret.

#4 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

You cease to excist. I find that thought comforting actually.

#5 Posted by JediXMan (31231 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm Christian. I believe in the Heaven/Hell afterlife (hopefully Heaven). Quite honestly, the belief that there is nothing is a rather depressing thought.

... and now I'm leaving, because I don't feel like having a religious discussion.

#6 Posted by ShootingNova (18675 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on your religious beliefs. I'm an Atheist, and non-religious.

My thoughts on this matter vary.

#7 Posted by mikethekiller (8473 posts) - - Show Bio

You become one with the force.

#8 Posted by darth_brendroid (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda like the idea of a person's consciousness rising to a greater collective plane of pure intellect and imagination or something for eternity.

#9 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Energy, the continuum and all that. It's an endless, pointless cycle.

#10 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Decomposition.

#11 Posted by Bluefox170 (387 posts) - - Show Bio

You cease to experience anything at all and wither away. The world revolved around your life learns to cope within the first few days and life goes on without you. It's a simple and sad scene and it will hit you when you ask a loved one (That is not your mom) what they would do if you died. Though a part of me would like the idea of being able to choose your surroundings and what happens as you said in some sort of afterlife, It's highly unlikely and simply another way to find meaning in an apparently meaningless existence. We have always tried to find ways to justify ourselves. What truly separates us from any insect we would squash in our annoyance? Other than the fact that we are the only species intelligent enough to think up such a concept as a higher power.

#12 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Poignant statements From some,,others are uplifting, and a few were funny..especially the force one. I shudder to think this isnt the first step on a bigger journey, I was raised catholic and always believed in heaven and hell, but my thoughts have changed a bit as far as what heaven is, I don't see it as a holy city in the sky but more like the movie what dreams may come lol

#13 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5610 posts) - - Show Bio

you pee and poop at the same time. Ewww

#14 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18309 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

I'm Christian. I believe in the Heaven/Hell afterlife (hopefully Heaven). Quite honestly, the belief that there is nothing is a rather depressing thought.

... and now I'm leaving, because I don't feel like having a religious discussion.

#15 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

Depends on your religious ideology

I'm an Athiest, my belief is that when you die your body decomposes, and thats the end of it. Seems pesimistic, but I spend my life with the goal that when I shut my eyes for good, that my last thoughts are not that of regret.

#16 Posted by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

You sieze to exist regardless of your religious beliefs ...... sadly.

#17 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't it be funny that whatever you believe happens to you when you die actually happens? I mean, lets leave religion out of this but a lot of scientist believe that the consciousness still persist after death. Apparently that energy never fades away. So what if there is no afterlife but the one our mind makes for us after our bodies die? Like the OP being Christian and believing he could exist in a Star Wars like universe. Or a Jewish person going to his version of Heaven. Or even a scientologist reveling in the fact that he was right. And then the atheist.....brain dead. Nothing lol. And then all the other consciousnesses are just like "that's a damn shame" haha. 
Nothing against atheist, I just think that would be funny. 

#18 Posted by MrDirector786 (43636 posts) - - Show Bio

As some others have said, it depends on your own ideology. Personally, I do believe in an afterlife where good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell. I'm going to leave it at that, however, because I don't want to get involved in a religious discussion.

#19 Posted by MrDirector786 (43636 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

Wouldn't it be funny that whatever you believe happens to you when you die actually happens? I mean, lets leave religion out of this but a lot of scientist believe that the consciousness still persist after death. Apparently that energy never fades away. So what if there is no afterlife but the one our mind makes for us after our bodies die? Like the OP being Christian and believing he could exist in a Star Wars like universe. Or a Jewish person going to his version of Heaven. Or even a scientologist reveling in the fact that he was right. And then the atheist.....brain dead. Nothing lol. And then all the other consciousnesses are just like "that's a damn shame" haha. Nothing against atheist, I just think that would be funny.

That's an interesting thought.

#20 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone gets this, we can get married right now.

#21 Posted by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

Those of us who believe in God believe that when you die, your soul leaves your body and if you're saved you go to heaven and you get a new body and a new name and live eternal life, but not everyone thinks like me and other christians.... However they say we wont be 100% sure until we die if theirs an after life or where our souls go....Alot people are athiest and don't believe in God, Heaven or Hell, they believe when you die, its an eternal sleep...

Me personally ( Not trying to preech even though I am. ) When you die, your soul leaves your body and you either go to heaven or hell, depending if you've rejected the name of Jesus Christ or not... ( not trying to judge, just going by what my bible tells me. ) so yes when you die, their is an after life... In my belief...

#22 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Heaven/Hell.

Hell is supposed to be worse then not existing (which is still pretty terrible), For those athiest it seems like a lose lose.

#23 Posted by BatWatch (2881 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to be a fundamentalist Christian, so I believed that when you die, you go to Heaven until the Millenial Reign starts at which point you go to New Jerusalem on Earth. (Fun fact kids: All the things associated with Heaven like streets of gold and pearly gates is actually part of New Jerusalem on Earth. It's clearly in the Bible. Who knows why it is taught incorrectly so often)

Now, I don't know what to believe. I know there is a God because I have experienced him personally (I don't show any other signs of paranoid schizophrenia, so I'm assuming it was real), and he has spoken to me through the Bible, but...I can't see why I would trust the good intentions of God with my internal soul when he seems so willing to let everything go to Hell here on Earth. I think God is evil for allowing suffering, and I don't trust him to keep his word as stated in the Bible.

I hope that when I die, if I see God, I will have the strength not to bow before him because he does not deserve it.

#24 Posted by betterboulder (57 posts) - - Show Bio

From my life, my experiences, and my beliefs: Heaven or Hell......fight

#25 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10167 posts) - - Show Bio

You come back to life. Duh ...

#26 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

This...exactly this.

#27 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bluefox170: @spartan92: You're saying it like it's a proven fact,Scientists still don't know what consciousness is.We don't know if whether or not it's a separate entity from the brain.

@mikethekiller said:

You become one with the force.

There we go :D

#28 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20427 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you die and you cease to exist. There are many different theories, but nobody has yet to solve it. Not religon, and not science, and if they combined to solve this question, they still wouldn't find out the answer.

And thinking when you die and going to a dream world to do whatever you wish is unrealistic.

"Be water my friend"

#29 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Consciousness ceases. The body decomposes.

#30 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

Wouldn't it be funny that whatever you believe happens to you when you die actually happens? I mean, lets leave religion out of this but a lot of scientist believe that the consciousness still persist after death. Apparently that energy never fades away. So what if there is no afterlife but the one our mind makes for us after our bodies die? Like the OP being Christian and believing he could exist in a Star Wars like universe. Or a Jewish person going to his version of Heaven. Or even a scientologist reveling in the fact that he was right. And then the atheist.....brain dead. Nothing lol. And then all the other consciousnesses are just like "that's a damn shame" haha. Nothing against atheist, I just think that would be funny.

That sounds awful.

The concept of an afterlife allowing you to meet your loved ones again would be a sick and twisted lie.

You'd only meet memories, shallow imitations of those you held most dear. Think Cobb's version of Mal from Inception, if you need to understand what I mean more.

#31 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@JediXMan said:

#32 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Well... I believe in God. I haven't always, but I do now. Recent events in my life have made it clear that there is in fact a God or something watching over me. I'm not going to press this issue because I know a lot of people are probably already rolling their eyes (I would've been one of these people 2 weeks ago) but I guess I feel comfortable sharing that. It's nothing to debate about because I think people either find God or they don't and it's usually always based on faith, so it's subjective.

So with that said, i'm not 100% sure there is an afterlife. I honestly don't even think it matters anymore.

#33 Posted by Bluefox170 (387 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: I don't mean that its a proven fact. I'm most certainly on the side that says the only truth is that there is no absolute truth. However, who we are comes from chemical reactions in the brain. Some people are partially brain dead, would that mean part of their consciousness is elsewhere waiting for the other half to die and rejoin it? I just go by what I see, death is not pretty. When I see worms eating at a dead kitten in the road, or even when I see piles upon piles of rotting corpses in photos of the holocaust. I know dead is dead. The universe doesn't have a moral obligation to offer us petty beings on a floating rock in the middle of nowhere any more than that.

#34 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

This.  

But since I'm compelled to leave something "amusing" and or cynical; 

If you're good, when you die, you get this: 

If you're bad, you get this: 
#35 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bluefox170 said:

You cease to experience anything at all and wither away. The world revolved around your life learns to cope within the first few days and life goes on without you. It's a simple and sad scene and it will hit you when you ask a loved one (That is not your mom) what they would do if you died. Though a part of me would like the idea of being able to choose your surroundings and what happens as you said in some sort of afterlife, It's highly unlikely and simply another way to find meaning in an apparently meaningless existence. We have always tried to find ways to justify ourselves. What truly separates us from any insect we would squash in our annoyance? Other than the fact that we are the only species intelligent enough to think up such a concept as a higher power.

Respect, Sir.

#36 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bluefox170 said:

@CrimsonCake: I don't mean that its a proven fact. I'm most certainly on the side that says the only truth is that there is no absolute truth. However, who we are comes from chemical reactions in the brain. Some people are partially brain dead, would that mean part of their consciousness is elsewhere waiting for the other half to die and rejoin it? I just go by what I see, death is not pretty. When I see worms eating at a dead kitten in the road, or even when I see piles upon piles of rotting corpses in photos of the holocaust. I know dead is dead. The universe doesn't have a moral obligation to offer us petty beings on a floating rock in the middle of nowhere any more than that.

Interesting philosophy...Which is why I astral Project to keep the pessimistic thoughts away :P

#37 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@SpidermanWins said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@JediXMan said:

#38 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I never meet any deists anymore. This is a shame.

#39 Edited by Wolfrazer (7436 posts) - - Show Bio

A thought occurs, what if when someone dies they are in a white room. From there they are given several options, in which they can become anything. A human, animal etc and when they pick what kinda body, traits, etc, their past memory is erased and they must wait however long and then they go down to Earth and are born. Ya its a reincarnation thing, but a thought seeing as people/animals die and also people/animals are born too.

#40 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm torn between believing you simply cease to exist and the idea that whatever you believe will happen, happens.

#41 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@JediXMan said:

This.

LOL

is that annie from community?

#42 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

They aren't extremely prominent, just felt like posting this.

#43 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

You either dissipate into carbon atoms and get recycled back into the environment (logic states that will happen).

Get reincarnated back into another body and soul.

Go to Heaven, Hell or Purgatory.

Or you can sew a cross to your chest and beat the Devil in a game on the PS3.

#44 Edited by TheSpiritStalker (2104 posts) - - Show Bio

depends on your religious beliefs which most of them all contradict each other so...

#45 Posted by Loki9876 (3053 posts) - - Show Bio

Well an afterlife would be great, a place were our minds could rest or heaven, I want to believe in that but I don't really believe in hell.

#46 Posted by Jackson_Hartley (186 posts) - - Show Bio

My religion is, "I don't know, but I hope," lol.

I don't know what happens when ya die (seeing as how I haven't died yet), but I hope that if you've led a good life and been a good person, ya go somewhere nice or maybe be reborn into a better life.

No one likes to think when it's your time the lights go out and then there's nothing, but if that's how it goes then I doubt I'll care much at that point.

#47 Posted by MrDirector786 (43636 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@JediXMan said:

This.

LOL

#48 Posted by _slim_ (13577 posts) - - Show Bio

Reincarnation.

#49 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@JediXMan said:

This.

LMAO.

#50 Posted by Mizz_Coconut (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Heaven or Hell is the popular one

but i find heaven and hell kind of harsh, its bad enough you go through a shitty life and if you do bad things to suvive it doesnt matter cause you're going to get your skin peeled off inch by inch everyday anyway.

I just hope its not difficult, just nice because life is awesome but tiring and having go through it again? i dunno yeah, just as long as i dont get tired haha