#1 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4381 posts) - - Show Bio

What does it mean when someone says "bump" on the battles forum? ithink it would be cool if after this question gets answered the person that responds should pose on question regarding " what does ________ mean?" follow me??

#2 Posted by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

It means that someone is posting to raise the thread so it can be seen at the top of the list of threads in that forum.

#3 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

It's trying to get a battle back into the limelight and for people to start discussing it, since most people don't go back past the first page.

#4 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when G-Man outlawed bumping...

#5 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18376 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I bumped my Galactic Empire vs Decepticons thread awhile ago, didn't really work though :(

#6 Posted by nickthedevil (13196 posts) - - Show Bio

^ i liked that thread.

#7 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Furum Slang 101 

Bump: Originally an acronym for "bring up my post." Used for reviving a thread by bringing it back to the front page for more views. 
PIS: Plot Induced Stupidity. When something stupid or illogical happens only because it is required for the plot of the comic. 
CIS: Character Induced Stupidity. When characters dont' live up to their full potential in fights due to being morons. 
WIS: Writer Induced Stupidity. When something stupid happens in a comic because the writer was a moron. 

That's all I can think of right now. For more, visit the Forum Slang thread. 
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic/5/forum-slang/9791/?

#8 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3560 posts) - - Show Bio
@(((Prodigy))) said:
   Bump: Originally an acronym for "bring up my post." Used for reviving a thread by bringing it back to the front page for more views. 

I actually didn't know the acronym. Thanks for that.
#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

To bring some thread back to the front page.

#10 Edited by _Zombie_ (10454 posts) - - Show Bio

What does anything mean? Who are you? Who is that man with the briefcase bomb? Who is the woman with the strainer on her head, prancing around in a circle twirling a piece of spaghetti and singing 'Why can't we be friends'? Who am I? WHY ARE NONE OF US WEARING PANTS?!

#11 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy))) said:

#12 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP!!!!!

#13 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4381 posts) - - Show Bio

gee, thanks guys.