#1 Edited by kgb725 (3401 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm watching his documentary and I forgot how entertaining he could be.

#2 Posted by russellmania77 (13562 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude back in the 90's it was all the rock,stone cold and undertaker

#3 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (9914 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by kgb725 (3401 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by GraniteSoldier (4477 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped watchign wrestling after he left. Was never the same. Rock/Austin/Taker, top three greatest in my book.

#6 Posted by russellmania77 (13562 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup

#7 Edited by JediXMan (27918 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he'd make a great Black Adam.

#8 Edited by russellmania77 (13562 posts) - - Show Bio

He was also suppose to be lobo but if its new 52 lobo then Robert Patterson will be him

#9 Posted by Pokeysteve (7007 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rock is awesome. That is all that need be said.

He was also suppose to be lobo but if its new 52 lobo then Robert Patterson will be him

Sad cause it's true :(

#10 Posted by XIII (47 posts) - - Show Bio

He's the most Electrifying Man in Sports and Entertainment? 13

#11 Edited by GoblinAlGhoul (37 posts) - - Show Bio

He is quite... ELECTRIFYING!

Muahahahahjajajajaja

#12 Posted by kuonphobos (4727 posts) - - Show Bio

He is funny.

But that was the problem with The Scorpion, would have been if he had gotten Conan and will be for Hercules : The Thracian Wars.

But I am hoping he proves me very wrong.

#13 Posted by hyiena (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

I though Sean Connery was good in it.

#14 Posted by Yokergeist (12300 posts) - - Show Bio

He's good but I prefer college wrestling

#15 Posted by _slim_ (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my favorite wrestlers of all-time.

#16 Posted by Gambit474 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

He sold out to Hollywood..Never really had the same liking for him since

#17 Edited by TheHipKid (7139 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a chump, bet I could kick his a.... someones at the door, I'll be back guys

RIP Saint Rog-El 1992-2013

He dreamed of a world without jews

#18 Posted by darkazrael999 (3676 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a chump, bet I could kick his a.... someones at the door, I'll be back guys

RIP Saint Rog-El 1992-2013

He dreamed of a world without jews

LMAO

#19 Edited by hyiena (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: All wrestlers are sell outs that doesn't even make sense the only thing real in wrestling is the money and the miles.

#20 Edited by HeckTate (1094 posts) - - Show Bio

As a jacked up good looking guy he's alright. As an actor he is hugely overrated and gets way more roles than he deserves. Part of this has to be because he just takes any role offered to him (see The Tooth Fairy; Fast & Furious 6) .

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27273 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos: Have you read Hercules: The Thracian Wars? If they make it funny they have really stepped away from the source material.

#22 Edited by kuonphobos (4727 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous:

Yes. It is one of my favorite series ever and definitely the BEST Hercules comic IMHO.

#23 Posted by kgb725 (3401 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: He did those for his kids

@hecktate: I don't see how he sold out he did everything that he wanted to and was quite content with what he had done

#24 Posted by HeckTate (1094 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: I'm not saying he "sold-out," that term means nothing in Hollywood, it's 95% of the industry. Michael Caine took every role offered to him for a long period of his career, but the difference is Michael Caine is a significantly better actor who actually deserves to be offered those roles. The selling point of Dwayne Johnson is mostly his appearance and being able to tack "The Rock" onto a poster to attract wrestling fans (see Faster, just awful acting). I have no disrespect for the guy, as you say he's doing what he enjoys doing, I'm just saying he's not a very good actor and a lot of people (apparently including people in charge of casting) seem to think he is for some reason.

#25 Posted by King Saturn (222790 posts) - - Show Bio

He Is A Clown... Dude Has Some of the Weirdest Lines And They Don't Pop With Me At All. I Won't Go Into It Again, I Already Did It In The Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread.

#26 Posted by k4tzm4n (35172 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome guy. Got to chat with him for a few minutes a year or so ago for a G.I. Joe: Retaliation interview and he was absurdly charismatic yet relatable and polite. Loved chatting with him and he definitely seems to appreciate all of his fans/success.

Staff
#27 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

He seems like a great guy

#28 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (566 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: glad thats your books cause alot of guys would like to say hi from the 70s and 80s hell lets go back to gotch thesz and others if we really want to talk greatest, the Rock did it ONE place sure hes entertaining but people throw the greatest tag around far too often now, before responding to me try watching steamboat v flair chitown rumble or roddy piper vs greg valentine dog collar match.

thats the problem with today's product its not WRESTLING its WWE

#29 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1355 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a good guy. I think he deserves everything he's got. Unlike, some other people on here who think he gets way too many roles, I think he gets the right amount. Every actor at the beginning of their careers take every role and movie that they can get. Do you think they just started at the top? Anyways, he was really entertaining back in his wrestling days and I think he's a good actor. Good enough to carry a film by himself.

#30 Posted by GraniteSoldier (4477 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrgreenlantern: I have seen many of those wrestlers in many of the classics dvds. I was not as entertained or impressed. I never said Rock or Stone Cold were the greatest technical wrestlers or anything of the sort. They elevated the game though. Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels are the better technical guys in my book, but that's always only been half the equation.

I am always bothered when people assume someone doesn't know something based on an opinion. I gave mine. Please don't assume anything else about me. I am not a WWE fan, I was a fan of the characters and wrestlers of the WWF. That is all.

#31 Posted by Bruxae (9217 posts) - - Show Bio

The rock is awesome in so many ways.

#32 Posted by _Braveheart_ (1307 posts) - - Show Bio

In my personal opinion, The Rock is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.

#33 Edited by MonsterStomp (13081 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

Awesome guy. Got to chat with him for a few minutes a year or so ago for a G.I. Joe: Retaliation interview and he was absurdly charismatic yet relatable and polite. Loved chatting with him and he definitely seems to appreciate all of his fans/success.

Man I'm so jelly. I've only watched him on TV and YouTube but he really does seem like everything you just noted. You're lucky.

#34 Edited by k4tzm4n (35172 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Man I'm so jelly. I've only watched him on TV and YouTube but he really does seem like everything you just noted. You're lucky.

Here's the interview in case you're curious! http://www.ugo.com/movies/gi-joe-retaliation-interviews

Staff
#35 Posted by Z3RO180 (5942 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude had an EPIC CHEAT DAY, and with that he is an awesome dude in my book.

#36 Posted by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

He's funny, and good for big budget blockbusters. He's entertaining, but probably won't be getting an Oscar anytime soon.

#37 Posted by MonsterStomp (13081 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@monsterstomp said:
@k4tzm4n said:

Here's the interview in case you're curious! http://www.ugo.com/movies/gi-joe-retaliation-interviews

That was a joy to read. He seems like a nice guy to hang with. I literally heard his voice in my head as I read that interview.

#38 Edited by k4tzm4n (35172 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@monsterstomp said:
@k4tzm4n said:

That was a joy to read. He seems like a nice guy to hang with. I literally heard his voice in my head as I read that interview.

He was a joy to talk with! I'm a tall dude but I felt so damn small standing right next to him. I had the conversation recorded/saved on my old phone but unfortunately I no longer own that one :(

Staff
#39 Posted by MonsterStomp (13081 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@monsterstomp said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@monsterstomp said:
@k4tzm4n said:

He was a joy to talk with! I'm a tall dude but I felt so damn small standing right next to him. I had the conversation recorded/saved on my old phone but unfortunately I no longer own that one :(

It's good to have one more star admit that they like comics. But we all know Snake Eyes would murder him :P

#40 Edited by DoomGuy (699 posts) - - Show Bio

Good wrestler.

Crap actor.

F*ck you, the Rock.

#41 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

He's dead. :(

He decided to jump off a building onto a sidewalk and died, he needed help.

#42 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (9914 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: I guess we the only ones Kemetically in tune.

#44 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by Mrgreenlantern (566 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: sorry speaking in general terms I meant to paint a broad stroke to those that think Bret hart and HBK were gods gift to wrestling fans, I'd love if more people educated themselves and watched the old products. I always hear excuses such as "its too slow" "rest holds" to those i say google Dynamite Kid vs Tiger Mask MSG or if you want to watch a REAL cage match and how its supposed to be done watch Magnum T.A vs Tully Blanchard steelcage I quit match ....know what ill help you guys out with that ENJOY =) skip to one hour 30 minutes to watch the match

#46 Posted by GraniteSoldier (4477 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrgreenlantern:

No offense taken, I was just stating my thought on the matter. I like history, of any sort, so I looked further into the WWF just to see the evolution of the industry. I found it interesting and amusing seeing how matches have evolved over the decades. No one is better than another, just different. You either like it or don't, I for one don't like the current product, even though I liked previous eras.