#1 Posted by giantsfan576 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Punk motorcycle gang antagonized a guy in an SUV by swarming around him. One stopped short and he hit him.

The others seemed mad so he sped off and the SUV sped off (he had his wife and 2 year old in the car)

The punks chased him down and beat him. He was bloody with broken bones.

What do you think? Some people say it's the SUVs fault...really? He was afraid.

#2 Posted by SoA (4700 posts) - - Show Bio

from what i heard the bikers were driving together and the suv was too close and too fast for them , one dude sped up ahead and went in front of suv so his buddies could pass the guy safely , suv panicked, ran the guy down and his friends retaliated, were they right to get upset? yeah they saw their friend get struck and the guy didn't stop, were they right to damage the car AND beat the man to a pulp , no.

#3 Posted by giantsfan576 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@soa: not what happened. It's an annual bike convention where hundreds of bikers disrupt traffic and screw with people by distracting them and surrounding them AND stopping short.

They provoked him, the lead guy wasn't trying to let his buddies pass.

How can you even try to justify their actions?

#4 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the biker deserved dying, but it was his own fault.

#5 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5339 posts) - - Show Bio

My father used to ride and I have been around a few bikers, they aren't all bad and no one should have gotten hurt. Either the driver of the SUV was aware of the annual ride and viwed the bikers as "punks" as many of you do and meant to hit them on purpose. Or he was unaware, freaked out, and made a mistake. However I think its the former. They were riding next to him with no intent to harm him. Why single him out when they had been doing this for three years? Cuz he was asian? Please, he was just as deserving. Someone runs over my friend, it's fking Clobberin time!

#6 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

@soa: not what happened. It's an annual bike convention where hundreds of bikers disrupt traffic and screw with people by distracting them and surrounding them AND stopping short.

The video looks very different. than the way you're describing it.

#7 Edited by IrishX (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

They were riding next to him with no intent to harm him. Why single him out when they had been doing this for three years? Cuz he was asian? Please, he was just as deserving. Someone runs over my friend, it's fking Clobberin time!

One of the bikers stopped short in front of the SUV and got hit. The SUV was surrounded by a large amount of aggressive and threatening people and so in his fear and panic the driver drove off running over one of the bikers in the process. They then chased him through the city before pulling him out of his vehicle and beating the hell out of him in front of his wife and child.

He was just as deserving? You have a pretty twisted view of things sir. You be tough and claim that it would be "clobberin time" and then rot in jail for a long time like these bikers hopefully will be doing.

These bikers were causing havoc throughout the city. There were hundreds of complaints called in that day. Please don't act like they were innocent people who were just trying to get payback for their fellow rider getting run over.

#8 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5339 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishx: Rot? For defending a friend? He killed someone, not them. I probably would not attack someone in front of their child/children. But still, he panicked based off first impressions, and why were they threatening? Because they had tatoos and beards? I better run over everyone on my block then, because they have tats, dreads, darkskin, and gold teeth, although many work legal jobs. Not like bikes are a hobbie and fun for some people.

#9 Posted by IrishX (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardiandevil83:

Yes, they were threatening. He panicked because they were trying to open his door (only one purpose in doing that) and they were hitting his vehicle and slashing his tires.

It has nothing to do with this fantasy you have of tattoos, dark skin, or anything else you want to imagine. It has everything to do with someone trying to keep himself and his family safe.

#10 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Not familar with this news item being in London & a very sad outcome indeed.

First off how many bikers here? I ride/rode a bike big one at that & one of the first things we are taught during CBT(first part of getting ur bike licence) is to ride in a defensive formation.To the non bikers seeing 3/6 bikers riding along in a diamond formation must seem very provocative but its wot we are taught to stay safe & keep motorists from running us down by driving to close to our sides in city streets.

When u see bikers in groups its not they want to own the rode but most of the time its wot their taught to do.

Not all bikers are trouble makers BTW

#11 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

Those aren't real bikers.

#12 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5183 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Edited by IrishX (1924 posts) - 1 hour, 19 minutes ago - Show Bio

@guardiandevil83 said:

They were riding next to him with no intent to harm him. Why single him out when they had been doing this for three years? Cuz he was asian? Please, he was just as deserving. Someone runs over my friend, it's fking Clobberin time!

One of the bikers stopped short in front of the SUV and got hit. The SUV was surrounded by a large amount of aggressive and threatening people and so in his fear and panic the driver drove off running over one of the bikers in the process. They then chased him through the city before pulling him out of his vehicle and beating the hell out of him in front of his wife and child.

He was just as deserving? You have a pretty twisted view of things sir. You be tough and claim that it would be "clobberin time" and then rot in jail for a long time like these bikers hopefully will be doing.

These bikers were causing havoc throughout the city. There were hundreds of complaints called in that day. Please don't act like they were innocent people who were just trying to get payback for their fellow rider getting run over.

They were riding unsafely but he hit someone then ran over them. It's clobbering time and I think CNN said they dropped charges against a few of the riders last night so it may not be as cut and dried as some of you thought

#13 Edited by Havenless (1306 posts) - - Show Bio

@supernategames said:

I don't think the biker deserved dying, but it was his own fault.

@guardiandevil83 said:

@irishx: Rot? For defending a friend? He killed someone, not them. I probably would not attack someone in front of their child/children. But still, he panicked based off first impressions, and why were they threatening? Because they had tatoos and beards? I better run over everyone on my block then, because they have tats, dreads, darkskin, and gold teeth, although many work legal jobs. Not like bikes are a hobbie and fun for some people.

Are you guys making things up to make the SUV driver sound like a homocidal maniac? Nobody died. The SUV driver was beaten and had gashes on his face, and one biker has some broken bones because the SUV ran over him. No one else was seriously injured. Who died?

And as far as the biker gang is concerned, whatever happened with the SUV bumping a bike, all the bikers stopped and blocked every lane of traffic on a highway. That's against the law. Reckless endangerment of that magnitude can result in a prison sentence. None of them were 'innocent', they all did it. Then they chased the SUV, every one of them, that is also against the law. They were also speeding, that is against the law. Repeatedly bikers would get off of their bikes while in traffic for reasons less than emergencies. That is against the law. And finally, multiple bikers assaulted the SUV driver after they damaged his car and ripped him out of the van. The guys standing around and watching/video taping are accessories to assault. Just because someone was severely injured doesn't give you the right to break every street law in the book and beat a man half to death.

This isn't Zimbabwe, 'Eye for an Eye' isn't how the justice system works.

#14 Posted by _Zombie_ (10322 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576 said:

Looks to me like the guy deliberately slowed down in front of an SUV so he and his buddies could get close to it.

#15 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

@_zombie_ said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@giantsfan576 said:

Looks to me like the guy deliberately slowed down in front of an SUV so he and his buddies could get close to it.

Also looks like the man in the SUV attempted murder.

#16 Edited by _Zombie_ (10322 posts) - - Show Bio

@_zombie_ said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@giantsfan576 said:

He attempted self-defense. How is it murder to panic and try to get out of a situation that's actively threatening you and your family's safety?

#17 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5339 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishx: Honestly let me apologize because my Grandmother passed recently and I'm in a foul mood. I didn't want to come off badly. I know that some people are used to different things. I grew up around roughnecks and gunfire is a regular occurance here, so rowdy losers on bikes don't scare me. My father, mother, and I would ride next to people doing the same thing; riding, so since I don't have a problem with it, does not mean others do not or have not.

#18 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

It was great, glad it happened.

#19 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

@_zombie_ said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@_zombie_ said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@giantsfan576 said:

He attempted self-defense. How is it murder to panic and try to get out of a situation that's actively threatening you and your family's safety?

How is it self defense to accelerate a few tons of metal and plastic over a man's body? That sounds like man slaughter, if by accident and murder 1 if on purpose. If he stopped short causing the guy behind him to slam into his car then drove off when the other dudes stopped that's self defense.

#20 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5339 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: Actually I first heard the story on Worldstarhiphop, sooo..yea lol. Also..when as the Justice System ever worked? You can get let off of a murder but get twenty years for grand theft auto without casualties.