#1 Posted by SherylAnny (211 posts) - - Show Bio
What is your opinion on it?
I think it should be avoided even if someone has many problems they must think of what is most important for them in life.
What do you think?

PS:Have you ever tried it?

#2 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a really pesonal issue.....

#3 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio

I should not be done, simply. IMO. But idk, there could be exceptions.

#4 Posted by TheDrifter (26557 posts) - - Show Bio

That stuff is kinda personal...

#5 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

go to russia

#6 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"go to russia"
/slap
#7 Posted by SherylAnny (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it personal?
It is kinda a debate.

#8 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio

i really think its not a good way to get rid of your problems and i wouldn't even want to do it especially if you get sent to hell for it 

#9 Posted by Mythix (39 posts) - - Show Bio
Chameleone said:
"I think this is a really pesonal issue....."
TheDrifter said:
"

That stuff is kinda personal...

"

Agreed with you two; this is a really personal issue.
#10 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio
Desilation said:
"i really think its not a good way to get rid of your problems and i wouldn't even want to do it especially if you get sent to hell for it "
Who says you go to hell for commiting suicide?
#11 Posted by SherylAnny (211 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY IS IT PERSONAL?

#12 Posted by Mythix (39 posts) - - Show Bio
Desilation said:
"i really think its not a good way to get rid of your problems and i wouldn't even want to do it especially if you get sent to hell for it "
 Who ever said you go to hell for committing suicide...?
This is a reason I think this issue is too personal. Some people, including myself, around here have lost loved ones to suicide and I'm sure you wouldn't want to tell them that their loved one went to hell.
#13 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio
Mythix said:
"Desilation said:
This is a reason I think this issue is too personal. Some people, including myself, around here have lost loved ones to suicide and I'm sure you wouldn't want to tell them that their loved one went to hell.
"
You don't go to hell for commiting suicide. Just ignorant people like Desilation think you do.
#14 Posted by SherylAnny (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok tot he ones that said it is personal.
I understand but the fact that someone might have lost loved ones out of this doesn't make THIS personal because it is a debate on a forum not a private face to face chat and in addition none is obliged to read or post anything in here so no it is not personal.

#15 Posted by TheDrifter (26557 posts) - - Show Bio
Mythix said:
"Desilation said:

Chameleone said:
"Desilation said:
Who says you go to hell for commiting suicide?
"

The people want to know.
#16 Posted by Death Star 7 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I was suicidal from around 18 - 21. I used to cut ,burn and pierce myself. Having anxiety for 27 years is no fun =( . But I could never get past the thought that tomorrow it could all change.  I used to sleep 15 hours a day for months. Many years later and things are better than they have ever been . Still a struggle some days , but Nothing compared to what I have been through before =) 

So I'm would say nay. 

#17 Posted by TheDrifter (26557 posts) - - Show Bio
Death Star 7 said:
"I was suicidal from around 18 - 21. I used to cut ,burn and pierce myself. Having anxiety for 27 years is no fun =( . But I could never get past the thought that tomorrow it could all change.  I used to sleep 15 hours a day for months. Many years later and things are better than they have ever been . Still a struggle some days , but Nothing compared to what I have been through before =) 

So I'm would say nay. "

Wow. I'm sorry man.
#18 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Fives Drifter

Looks like someone has no proof or point and just wants to make people feel bad.

#19 Posted by SherylAnny (211 posts) - - Show Bio
Death Star 7 said:
"I was suicidal from around 18 - 21. I used to cut ,burn and pierce myself. Having anxiety for 27 years is no fun =( . But I could never get past the thought that tomorrow it could all change.  I used to sleep 15 hours a day for months. Many years later and things are better than they have ever been . Still a struggle some days , but Nothing compared to what I have been through before =) 

So I'm would say nay. "
Oh I think I have anxiety too.Would you tell me more on that please?
#20 Posted by TheDrifter (26557 posts) - - Show Bio
Chameleone said:
"

Lol Fives Drifter

Looks like someone has no proof or point and just wants to make people feel bad.

"

lol.

While I am spiritual, I don't believe someone go's to hell for commiting suicide, but I still would'nt reccomend to anyone lol.

Seriously, If somebody has those kinds of thoughts, It's really for the best to get some help.
#21 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Chameleone said:
"

Lol Fives Drifter

"

lol.

While I am spiritual, I don't believe someone go's to hell for commiting suicide, but I still would'nt reccomend to anyone lol.

Seriously, If somebody has those kinds of thoughts, It's really for the best to get some help. "
I'm a Christian too, never in the Bible have I read that you go to hell for commiting suicide.
#22 Posted by SherylAnny (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it depends.
Some of the suicidal ones don't want any help because of they believed they could be he;ped they most probably wouldn't end up to want death.
Life is always nice even for those that are sad.

#23 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio

no i don't i admit that was going overboard I'm not trying to be mean and if there's anyone to blame for saying that in the first place blame the catholics 

#24 Posted by Death Star 7 (45 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Death Star 7 said:

So I'm would say nay. "

Wow. I'm sorry man."

Thanx =]
#25 Posted by Mythix (39 posts) - - Show Bio
Desilation said:
"

no i don't i admit that was going overboard I'm not trying to be mean and if there's anyone to blame for saying that in the first place blame the catholics 

"

Blame the Catholics?
Oh wow.
speechless
#26 Edited by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio
Chameleone said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Chameleone said:
"

Lol Fives Drifter

"

lol.

Seriously, If somebody has those kinds of thoughts, It's really for the best to get some help. "
I'm a Christian too, never in the Bible have I read that you go to hell for commiting suicide.
"
In a way... suicide in a way is a form of murder in my opinion... and "thou shalt not murder" is one of the ten commandments. Correct me if I am wrong.
#27 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
SherylAnny said:
"WHY IS IT PERSONAL?

"
because someone cant commit suicide on someone else
#28 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
One-Above-You said:
"Chameleone said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Chameleone said:
"

Lol Fives Drifter

"

lol.

"
In a way... suicide in a way is a form of murder in my opinion... and "thou shalt not murder" is one of the ten commandments. Correct me if I am wrong.
"
its not like you havent broken every other one of them too
#29 Posted by SherylAnny (211 posts) - - Show Bio
Resonate said:
"SherylAnny said:
"WHY IS IT PERSONAL?

"
because someone cant commit suicide on someone else
"
Funny...
#30 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio
Mythix said:
"Desilation said:
"

"

Blame the Catholics?
Oh wow.
speechless
"
i didn't mean it in a bad way but i was told there the ones that rant about it
#31 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio
Mythix said:
"Desilation said:
"

"

Blame the Catholics?
Oh wow.
speechless
"
Wow....... so you made a dumb post and you're blaming Catholics? Fives Mythix
#32 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio
Resonate said:
"One-Above-You said:
"Chameleone said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Chameleone said:
"

Lol Fives Drifter

"

lol.

"
"
its not like you havent broken every other one of them too
"
I know, but if you kill someone and don't repent... I'm pretty sure you're going to hell.
#33 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio
Chameleone said:
"Mythix said:
"Desilation said:
"

"

Blame the Catholics?
Oh wow.
speechless
"
"

well im not blaming them but i was told that they do believe that
#34 Posted by man_of_forever (5908 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to much pride to do it. I like my life... plus I couldnt bring myself to hurt myself on purpose. And Im scared I will mess up and survive with a giant hole in my head or something.

#35 Posted by Mythix (39 posts) - - Show Bio
Desilation said:
"Chameleone said:
"Mythix said:
"Desilation said:
"

"

Blame the Catholics?
Oh wow.
speechless
"
"

well im not blaming them but i was told that they do believe that"

Fives Chameleone back
You said, "blame the catholics" and then "well im not blaming them."
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who is a bit concerned with your choice of words.
#36 Posted by Shadow Huntress (1553 posts) - - Show Bio
Chameleone said:
"I think this is a really pesonal issue....."
Agreed.
#37 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't say i've never thought it about it myself. About 3 years ago i found out that i have a heart disease. As you can imagine this can come as quite a shock. I was thinking a lot about suicide, because i just kept thinking     'why keep living, i'm gonna die soon anyway'     (that's before i knew there was good medication :)). But i had some great support from my family and friends and then i realised if i was committing suicide it wouldn't just affect me, but it would effect everyone around me. It sounds very logical, but trust me.. at a time like that you don't think about it.

And i would never put my family and friends through this, the fact they lost a loved one. And it's my personal belief that suicide is a very selfish act. You simply do not consider who you're leaving behind. And to this day i'm glad i never did such a thing. I have a girlfriend i love, a family and friends i love, and i can still do everything i love to do, only by taking a few pills and putting a single thought out of my mind. :)

#38 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio
Desilation said:
"Chameleone said:
"Mythix said:
"Desilation said:
"

"

Blame the Catholics?
Oh wow.
speechless
"
"

Then, why did you say we should blame the Catholics?
#39 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio
Mythix said:
"Desilation said:
"Chameleone said:
"Mythix said:
"Desilation said:
"

"

Blame the Catholics?
Oh wow.
speechless
"
"

Fives Chameleone back
You said, "blame the catholics" and then "well im not blaming them."
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who is a bit concerned with your choice of words.
"

alright i think we can all agree that its a very dumb statement about "suicides going to hell" so i think we should drop it
#40 Posted by Shadow Huntress (1553 posts) - - Show Bio
Desilation said:
"

"
WOW.
You're really freaking ignorant.
#41 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
SherylAnny said:
"Precise said:
"I can't say i've never thought it about it myself. About 3 years ago i found out that i have a heart disease. As you can imagine this can come as quite a shock. I was thinking a lot about suicide, because i just kept thinking     'why keep living, i'm gonna die soon anyway'     (that's before i knew there was good medication :)). But i had some great support from my family and friends and then i realised if i was committing suicide it wouldn't just affect me, but it would effect everyone around me. It sounds very logical, but trust me.. at a time like that you don't think about it.

And i would never put my family and friends through this, the fact they lost a loved one. And it's my personal belief that suicide is a very selfish act. You simply do not consider who you're leaving behind. And to this day i'm glad i never did such a thing. I have a girlfriend i love, a family and friends i love, and i can still do everything i love to do, only by taking a few pills and putting a single thought out of my mind. :)"
What about when u know you have blood cancer?
Well I do I know it  a some months now and my mood has gone down a lot.
But when you are so down noone can convince you life is worth living when you feel death yourself.
"

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't too much about this disease i'm afraid. But i probably had the same feeling as you did. I didn't care about possible solutions or anything as a matter of fact. I couldn't even get myself to do anything. And i can only tell you what i went through.. and it seems as there is no hope at this time, but trust me, in time you will realise suicide isn't the answer.. it's just the easy way out, and it will hurt your family/friends more then you will ever know.  But if you wish to talk about this some more you can always pm or add me on msn.
#42 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no excuse for it. How bad could something get for someone to commit suicide?

#43 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"There's no excuse for it. How bad could something get for someone to commit suicide?"

There's plenty of situations. What if you and your family was in a horrible car accident, they all died and you were crippled? How would you feel? Would you still want to keep living after that?
#44 Posted by SherylAnny (211 posts) - - Show Bio
Shadow Huntress said:
"Desilation said:
"

"
WOW.
"
Please stop atatcking Desilation he is juts making a statement.Be kinder.
#45 Posted by TheDrifter (26557 posts) - - Show Bio
Shadow Huntress said:
"Desilation said:
"

"
WOW.
"

lol
#46 Posted by Shadow Huntress (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

That's not a statement. That's just being ignorant.

By blaming it ALL on the catholics?
And I think I'm kind enough to Desilation.

#47 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio
Shadow Huntress said:
"Desilation said:
"

"
WOW.
"
i didn't mean it like that ok
#48 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"Static Shock said:
"There's no excuse for it. How bad could something get for someone to commit suicide?"

There's plenty of situations. What if you and your family was in a horrible car accident, they all died and you were crippled? How would you feel? Would you still want to keep living after that?"
So you think someone should just be able to pull the trigger and be in heaven?
#49 Posted by Mythix (39 posts) - - Show Bio
Shadow Huntress said:
"That's not a statement. That's just being ignorant.

By blaming it ALL on the catholics?
And I think I'm kind enough to Desilation.
"
Agreed.
I think we're being pretty kind to Des after what he said.
How ignorant do you have to be to blame it all on one religion and then just "take it back?"
#50 Posted by Mythix (39 posts) - - Show Bio
One-Above-You said:
"Sparda said:
"Static Shock said:

There's plenty of situations. What if you and your family was in a horrible car accident, they all died and you were crippled? How would you feel? Would you still want to keep living after that?"
So you think someone should just be able to pull the trigger and be in heaven?
"
Lets make this really controversial then.
Who are you to say there is a heaven or hell?
I'm sure there are plenty of CV-users who don't believe any of this thread so far.