What do you think about this Pro Gun argument?

• 51 results
Avatar image for the_new_avenger
The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_New_Avenger

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By EarthsMightiest

This should probably be in off-topic forums.

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy has a lovely voice and kinda looks like that guy from the Shawshank Redemption. Nice argument too, very nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Guns are kickass.

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_new_avenger:

The only, only, good argument is the one where he state that changing the constitution would be an awful precedent to make change on the constitution.

Everything else, EVERYTHING ELSE, is BS.

If the governement want to kill you, he will simply send military and kill you, because he has tanks, airplane, and trained soldiers and policemen. That is all.

People in germany where killed by their governement not because they were unarmed, but because they were caught by surprised, unaware of their fate and lied to.

People in USSR did resisted, and it was called the russian civil war. They failed and died. Why ? Not because they were unarmed. Because they were not really helped by the other european and american country. After that, the red had the army, and the other country hadn't anything like that.

Hammer and knife can kill, it's true, but they can slice bread or meat, help you build a home, what can do a weapon except kill something and spreading fear ?

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_New_Avenger

@xaos: Everything you just said was BS.

The only Gun in the USA that has higher Homicide rate than human Fists is the Handgun, and guess what that's the only gun in the USA that's restricted.

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_new_avenger:

@xaos: Everything you just said was BS.

The only Gun in the USA that has higher Homicide rate than human Fists is the Handgun, and guess what that's the only gun in the USA that's restricted.

Oh yeah, that's an entertaining notion you're cultivating here... you need to learn about genocide and history.

Seems logical to me. I wouldn't restrict a weapon that didn't cause much trouble.

But even if what you said was true, which I highly doubt, it mean you don't really have any need for this assault rifle anyway, isn't ?

You really think that if the army wanted to flat you, you could stand a chance ? Ah, the innocence of youth...

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_New_Avenger

@xaos: Lol I'm adult. You're one of those people brainwashed by liberal media, turn the news off leave your little bubble and look around this world.

If someone broke into your house with intent to kill or rape what would you do? Remeber in your dream world guns are banned so you don't have one. But surprise a criminal who doesn't give a flying fk about the rules still has his.You are screwed, maybe say timeout?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed 100%

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_new_avenger:

@xaos: Lol I'm adult. You're one of those people brainwashed by liberal media, turn the news off leave your little bubble and look around this world.

If someone broke into your house with intent to kill or rape what would you do? Remeber in your dream world guns are banned so you don't have one. But surprise a criminal who doesn't give a flying fk about the rules still has his.You are screwed, maybe say timeout?

You're an adult ? LOL indeed...

If someone broke into my house with the intent to kill or rape me, in my dream world, he doesn't have gun, you remember ? They get banned and are much more difficult to have. So from there, it's a quite evenly fight. In yours, he know you have gun, so he will got one too, that, and the little things that in tactical military we call "initiative" and that's all he need...

Except if he take me while we are sleeping, then we are screwed, guns or not... so I think I'll stick with a good house alarm and a proactive police departement.

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_New_Avenger

@xaos said:

@the_new_avenger:

@the_new_avenger said:

If someone broke into my house with the intent to kill or rape me, in my dream world, he doesn't have gun, you remember ? They get banned and are much more difficult to have. So from there, it's a quite evenly fight. In yours, he know you have gun, so he will got one too, that, and the little things that in tactical military we call "initiative" and that's all he need...

Except if he take me while we are sleeping, then we are screwed, guns or not... so I think I'll stick with a good house alarm and a proactive police departement.

Stop there, that's a delusional and dumb thought. You can watch youtube and learn how to make a gun, a man who willing to commit crime worth life in prison will not listen to the government saying no guns.

Schools are "gun free" still getting kill why did your rule not save them?

Mexico is severely strict on guns yet look at the cartel, why is the law not saving those kids, and women from being rapped and brutally murdered?

And yes the police will save you after the 5-10 minutes it takes them to get there, the damage is done. Also what would they use to stop the murder/Rapist?

You are DELUSIONAL

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_new_avenger:

@xaos said:

@the_new_avenger:

@the_new_avenger said:

Stop there, that's a delusional and dumb thought. You can watch youtube and learn how to make a gun, a man who willing to commit crime worth life in prison will not listen to the government saying no guns.

Schools are "gun free" still getting kill why did your rule not save them?

Mexico is severely strict on guns yet look at the cartel, why is the law not saving those kids, and women from being rapped and brutally murdered?

And yes the police will save you after the 5-10 minutes it takes them to get there, the damage is done. Also what would they use to stop the murder/Rapist?

You are DELUSIONAL

And you are hilariously paranoid and obviously ignoring some facts. :)

Yeah, we have access over youtube and tutorial to build gun, but I ask, why Europe already fall under a rain of mass shooting ?

School getting "gun free" zone and still getting kill ? But you let the wolf into the house far before on the beginning of USA history by allowing people to have guns and thus feeding a "gun culture" and a gun industry, now, after more than two century of that, you still ask why it doesn't work ? Funny.

Aaah, Mexico : maybe it has something to do with a corrupt governement and law system ? Country where governemental service are paid like sh..t tend to end like this. Make me think that you should stop trying to stop whining about taxes, because they pay the people and the equipement who are protecting you... military and police people who are in first line to defend america.

The little scenario goes on... like I've said, either he has a gun, the intent to use it on you and has the initiative, then the odds are against you anyway. Then you are sleeping and you're dead. I know, it's harsh to admit that even with guns, chances are quite bad for you.

I mean, do you really believe that someone with the real intent of killing you will not take all the chances on his side ? You believe he will not put a bullet or strike you in the back or in your sleep ? Especially if he know you own a gun ? Come on ! You are quite naïve there...

Most of people who are raped or killed are being there by people they know. Family, friends, work relations and neighbours. Chance are, if there's someone who want to kill you, they will know how to enter in your house or how to kill you when you aren't looking nor expecting it. Life sucks, doesn't ?

Aaand finally, yes, the police will use guns, but they will be more trained than I will ever be. I'm like that, I tend to trust professionnal over paranoïd guy who has a gun on him 24/24 and will probably kill someone or himself accidently.

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_New_Avenger

@xaos: You are so delusional and naive. Do you honestly believe that banning guns will stop killers? Really? Like the guy in the video said all you are doing is cutting the horns of the prey and letting the lion kill them easier.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Flumox56

No one ever heard of "Middle Ground".

Totally get why Americans do not want to Ban guns, Or really strict gun control laws.

Absolutely DO NOT get what the problem is with unintrusive background checks, And a cooling off period.

People can bang on about the constitution, But I bet they would sing a different tune if one of their loved ones was murdered by some sick #%*@ in a gun massacre.

Oh and who the %@*$ has ever suggested cutting the horns off of a Gazelle ???.

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flumox56: I agree with the back ground cheeks and cooling off periods.

And the last part goes both ways, how would a anti-gun person feel if someone broke into there home and raped/killed the person they loved. They would be wish for some protection then.

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Flumox56

@the_new_avenger said:

And the last part goes both ways, how would a anti-gun person feel if someone broke into there home and raped/killed the person they loved. They would be wish for some protection then.

I never said BAN guns, I am saying I do not get what the problem is with trying to stop the Wrong people getting their hand on Firearms so easily.

Totally get why good, stable, Law Abiding Citizen want (and should have) the right to own and carry Firearms.

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we are pretty much on the same page then.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ban the guns already.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Thekillerklok
Loading Video...

instead of endlessly bitching back and forth why not focus on something that can feasibly be improved Mental health care.

I am for background checks and I do support increased wait times as sometimes background checks take time.

Also we need to reign in and regulate the weapons industry itself. Do cops in small towns really need veritable tanks?Who do you think made that happen? we really need a government independent from the will of corporations that is able and willing to regulate. I know I harp on the corruption thing a lot but that is seriously a major issue that affects all areas.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm against gun control. The fact is most criminals don't get their guns through legal channels, gun control would not effect them. It would only effect the average citizens who only keep guns for self defense and game hunting. And as he said, changing the constitution would leave a very dangerous precedent, it would open the door for power hungry politicians to step in and rob us of our freedom. Now I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but nearly every major country has dealt with a would be dictator, it's only a matter of time of time before the US has to deal with one, a change in the constitution would be a gap in our armor for him to snake through.

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_new_avenger:

If I'm delusional, then you're beginning to be short of arguments.

This comparison prey/predator was one of the baddest I've seen in ages, and I've seen a lot. This argument split basically people in two, the "bad" and the "good". Problem is, to quote the Dark knight : "You the hero of the story, untill you die or become the villain of another one."

This analogy can give you the feeling you're a good people and make it think that you'll never have an incident or a moment of weakness, but you can't really be sure of that.

Anyone can have a mental crackdown, you, me, an other people. That's why mass shooting happen. It's innocuous people who lost their mind and decide to kill every thing in sight. It's kids under age who find their parent 's weapon and decide to "play" with their friends. Having guns around doesn't solve anything, it's just making thing worse and happening more often.

Like I said earlier, USA already got too many weapons in circulation. Now, it's too late, but you made it worse by putting more guns. This politics simply doesn't make sense.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xaos said:

@the_new_avenger:

@the_new_avenger said:

Liberal confirmed.

Any pro gun argument beats an anti gun argument off sheer principle alone.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen this guy once before on a video someone posted on FB where he also advocates against gun control. Unfortunately the argument he made in that video was pretty deceptive, comparing the US rates of murder to those of third world nations and active war zones, and just generally playing fast and loose with the statistics.

I decided to do my own research to find out the truth and what I found is that the data shows that there is a correlation between gun ownership numbers and gun deaths. You can look at the data and make up your own minds:

According to this analysis there is actually a pretty clear linear correlation between gun ownership and gun deaths in the United States.

gun deaths to gun ownership in U.S. states
gun deaths to gun ownership in U.S. states

This website has data that shows that the U.S. easily tops the list of developed countries in gun killings. It's important to compare the U.S. to other developed nations and not just *all* nations because you need to do an apples-to-apples comparison. If you just look at all nations the data will be too muddled to yield good conclusions. You need to take out countries with unstable governments, war zones, and those that are going through painful transitions that lead to violence. Also, many non-developed nations just dont keep good records of things like violent crimes.

No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@rouflex said:

Ban the guns already.

Not until we ban Rouflex...

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xaos said:

@the_new_avenger:

@the_new_avenger said:

Liberal confirmed.

Any pro gun argument beats an anti gun argument off sheer principle alone.

No Caption Provided

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@xaos: It is. Are you the type of person that wants to take away people's second amendment rights? It seems like you do. I guess you want to ban alcohol and tobacco as well?

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Xaos

@thedarkpaladin:

It is only convenient for you, my dear. ;-)

So, tobacco and alcohol, what point are you trying to make ?

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xaos: ..I'm asking whether or not you want them banned, seeing as how they cause a lot more deaths than firearms each year.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I was a bad guy and I knew the good guys had guns, I would get armed up with more ammo and better weapons so I could do my bad guy stuff. There may be a few shoot outs but I will win.

If I was a bad guy and I knew the good guys didn't have guns I would take my crummy 22, hold it at someone's head, get my bad guy takings and piss off without anyone dying.

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

Oh, ok...

Never smoked, but tobacco is a waste of time if you mind me and a dangerous one at that.

Did the guns feed you or make you feel at least a little euphoric like alcohol ? I never drank either but at least, it got a little positive effects.

Guns can only kill.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@xaos: I tend to agree with you

You want to stop gun violence? Take the guns away. You an alcoholic? Take away the alcohol.

What is said is that it took how many school shootings for Obama to push his agenda. Hey Obama, how many people die in Chicago every day? It always been a problem and its said that Obama tried to use the parents of Oregon shooting as a stepstone to launch some gun reform.

It isn't going to get repealed, but I think the 2nd Amendment is outdated. It was installed when we were coming out of a war with barely no military. What is the best way to fight an invading army when the military is low? You are arm citizens. This country was financed by tobacco and the thought of people having guns was some persons genius idea to make this country great. Certain lobbys are hard to bust up now just due to power.

Most progun people say something like I teach my kids the importance of a gun and how it isn't a toy. You know what? You also taught your kid how to take off the safety, aim and pull the trigger and brace for recoil. Gun control really does nothing if guns are still available. Its the kids now a days. They don't know how to handle the real world. I don't think increasing mental health is the answer either. It would help, but you want to know how to make a kid who is an outcast taking Ritalin or Depakote a danger. Keep on doing that. Isolate him and he will get angry

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Guns are going no where in America.

So get out of your little dream world and just accept it. Crybabies.

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xaos said:

@thedarkpaladin:

Oh, ok...

Never smoked, but tobacco is a waste of time if you mind me and a dangerous one at that.

Did the guns feed you or make you feel at least a little euphoric like alcohol ? I never drank either but at least, it got a little positive effects.

Guns can only kill.

Actually Guns feed a lot of people. You are by far the most ignorant person I know when it comes to guns.

And by ignorant i'm not calling you dumb, i'm saying you don't know jack about guns.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spareheadone: That's by far the most naive thing i have ever heard.

Doesn't matter if the "Bad guy" beaks into my house with Ak-47 or .22, I know my house he doesn't so my .45 wins.

Also FYI most people will run after hearing " GTFO I have a gun!" there forth no one dies.

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_new_avenger:

@xaos said:

@thedarkpaladin:

Oh, ok...

Guns can only kill.

Actually Guns feed a lot of people. You are by far the most ignorant person I know when it comes to guns.

And by ignorant i'm not calling you dumb, i'm saying you don't know jack about guns.

Actually, you're almost right... almost.

Guns feed people, but only in the most lost and wild part of earth, like africa, middle east, southern asia jungle, maybe siberia, and the like. But it's insignificant compared to the vast, really vast majority of humanity, who's feeding on wheat, cattle meat, rice and so on, and we don't need gun for those.

USA isn't yet the same as those forlorn place, isn't it ?

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spareheadone: That's by far the most naive thing i have ever heard.

Doesn't matter if the "Bad guy" beaks into my house with Ak-47 or .22, I know my house he doesn't so my .45 wins.

Also FYI most people will run after hearing " GTFO I have a gun!" there forth no one dies.

@the_new_avenger:

Y..Y...You win.

J..J..Just put that thing down.

LMFAO !

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_New_Avenger

@xaos:

@xaos said:

@the_new_avenger:

@the_new_avenger said:
@xaos said:

@thedarkpaladin:

Oh, ok...

Guns can only kill.

Actually, you're almost right... almost.

Guns feed people, but only in the most lost and wild part of earth, like africa, middle east, southern asia jungle, maybe siberia, and the like. But it's insignificant compared to the vast, really vast majority of humanity, who's feeding on wheat, cattle meat, rice and so on, and we don't need gun for those.

USA isn't yet the same as those forlorn place, isn't it ?

Actual some people can't afford to pay for store meat, and some people can't eat meat from the store for medical reasons( the have cancerous property's from all the crap they feed those slaughter house animals) Also It's 10x more humane to hunt and kill an animal than what those sickos do to them in slaughter houses. ("But TheNewAvenger why don't they just buy organic meat?" " Thank you for asking it's quite simple really it cost a whole lot of money.".

I do not think guns should be just handed out, I think you should have to prove you are mentally stable and competent enough to own a gun. And I think banning guns is the most idiotic and naive thing you could do at this point.

Things that should be done:

• Cooling off periods after gun and ammo purchases. ( This will prevent people from stockpiling guns and ammo)
  • Gun manufactures should be required to give out the proper firearm locks with the purchase of a firearm. ( This will keep kids and any other non licensed or non competent/stable people from gaining access your gun.)
  • Under no circumstances should a civilian have access to full-auto weapons or suppressors. ( People will find a way around this illegally, just like they would with a gun ban but It should be enforced as much as possible.)
  • Protection of "Gun Free Zone" ( Placing 2-3 of the towns trustworthy police officers on school campuses will provided the protection the school needs without having to pay for armed security, or arming the staff)
  • You should be required to have a firearm license that proves you are competent and stable to purchase any and all guns and ammo. \

Reasons why a firearm BAN is the worst thing to do.

• The People while not give a damn. They ill smuggle, make, and but guns illegally making the problem worse.
  • The people will riot and there ill be casualty's ( don't believe me? Go to the south ask them what would happen if a gun ban took place)
  • There are circumstances where a gun can protect and provide for you.( You would be taking the food off of some peoples table, and making it easier for the real problem which is criminals. Again if you think making guns illegal will stop people from getting guns you need help)
  • It will dived this already divided country. ( It's already bad enough Liberals and Conservatives are to busy hating each other to get things done, this will make the problem 10x worse.)
  • Banning guns would cost thousands of people to lose there jobs
  • There are Pro's and Con's to having the 2nd amendment but thinking that getting rid of all the con's you are dead wrong, it would create more con's than ever before.
Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Xaos

@the_new_avenger:

At last, some argument, and some of them are even interesting ! Let's see what we got.

Actual some people can't afford to pay for store meat, and some people can't eat meat from the store for medical reasons( the have cancerous property's from all the crap they feed those slaughter house animals) Also It's 10x more humane to hunt and kill an animal than what those sickos do to them in slaughter houses. ("But TheNewAvenger why don't they just buy organic meat?" " Thank you for asking it's quite simple really it cost a whole lot of money.".

Why not go vegan ? I mean, people in india have quite an habit to cook vegan food that taste as good as meat, and almost the same. With some cooking skill and knowledge, you don't even need to pay for food in specialized food store.

While slaughterhouse can be a mess, you have to note that if all humanity resorted to hunting, you couldn't even feed the USA population without making disappearing the ecosystem even faster.

I do not think guns should be just handed out, I think you should have to prove you are mentally stable and competent enough to own a gun. And I think banning guns is the most idiotic and naive thing you could do at this point.

Well, this one is quite reasonnable at first look, but in the long term, mental stability can decay, and the gun will stay with his owner.

Things that should be done:

• Cooling off periods after gun and ammo purchases. ( This will prevent people from stockpiling guns and ammo)

I'm not sure. How many time between each purchase ? 1 months ? 1 years ? Yet, I concede this isn't a bad idea in the state of things.

• Gun manufactures should be required to give out the proper firearm locks with the purchase of a firearm. ( This will keep kids and any other non licensed or non competent/stable people from gaining access your gun.)

Same as above. But you should really be careful, as kids are really smart those day. I've got three of them and I work with them. I even remember being one of them ! But most of the time, kids put their hands over guns because their parents are dumb, not crazy.

• Under no circumstances should a civilian have access to full-auto weapons or suppressors. ( People will find a way around this illegally, just like they would with a gun ban but It should be enforced as much as possible.)

This one work quite well, here. We had some violence, but it was mostly the fact of terrorist and it doesn't happened this commonly. Anyway, I think we have a common ground, a civilian shouldn't never have access to those accessories.

• Protection of "Gun Free Zone" ( Placing 2-3 of the towns trustworthy police officers on school campuses will provided the protection the school needs without having to pay for armed security, or arming the staff)

Why not ? Seems smart. I always found that arming the staff was hilariously dumb anyway and private armed security is just too costly.

• You should be required to have a firearm license that proves you are competent and stable to purchase any and all guns and ammo. \

Okay, which system of control are we talking here ? Like car permit ? How often the owner would be tested again ? The idea isn't bad, but if the guy is found unable, didn't the guns need to be registered by the state at the purchase ?

But here we are to -strongly- disagree...

Reasons why a firearm BAN is the worst thing to do.

• The People while not give a damn. They ill smuggle, make, and but guns illegally making the problem worse.

Not so sure about that. While I admit you have a pretty precedent with the prohibition of alcohol.

• The people will riot and there ill be casualty's ( don't believe me? Go to the south ask them what would happen if a gun ban took place)

Ah the flavour of the gunpowered south !

I don't know the south so much, so I will not make the assumption that each southerner is a progun zealot, which seems quite unrealistic. But as I said earlier, america digged their own grave on the subject when they didn't renounced their gun habit after the end of the 19th century.

• There are circumstances where a gun can protect and provide for you.( You would be taking the food off of some peoples table, and making it easier for the real problem which is criminals. Again if you think making guns illegal will stop people from getting guns you need help)

Not 100% sure of what you are meaning there. English is not my first language. If you're talking about employement problem, just see my answer that come a little later.

Otherwise, surely, people will get gun by their own way, like all things, people get when they want to (You know, drugs, illegal sex, etc...) and it takes to be really disconnected to reality to not foreseen that. But at least, this should really decrease the number of domestic accident.

• It will dived this already divided country. ( It's already bad enough Liberals and Conservatives are to busy hating each other to get things done, this will make the problem 10x worse.)

No doubt about that, but hey, sometimes, things must be done and decision must be made. Status quo only work for Marvel and DC comics universes... and not that well. You are bound to face ths issue, unless it will come back haunt you again and again, each time more badly than the last... a little bit like slavery, in fact.

• Banning guns would cost thousands of people to lose there jobs

I always loved the "employement blackmail strategy". "Don't stop this industry or you will raised unemployement !" Sorry, but this is an hideous way of thinking and obvious manipulation. Just stop the industry to put their factory oversea on the altar of taxes evasion and lower wages. It's another subject, but it's truth. "Free trade" is just another way to disaster and to put back the law of the jungle... in a global scale.

• There are Pro's and Con's to having the 2nd amendment but thinking that getting rid of all the con's you are dead wrong, it would create more con's than ever before.

Once again, I'm not sure of what you mean there. Maybe it's the sentence that aren't finished, maybe it's me that doesn't fully understand. But if you mean that we could try to getting rid of all the supporter of the second amendement I would really ask you how we could doing that ? With the gun that they permit us to possess ? It wouldn't be a very constructive way of thinking and doing things ! XD

Nah, more seriously, you need to clarify this point. As much for me than for you.

In conclusion, even with difficult comprehension, I find your argument having more weight that the nonsensical video you just originally posted. I mean, this guy clearly never opened an history book and tried so much manipulating people it's an insult to me, you, and american people in general.

Next time you believe in something and think to have an argument, stop telling people they are delusional and use your owns, not those of a manipulative politician.

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xaos: I don't have enough time to talk about everything.

The license will need to be renewed yearly and each year you have to prove you are stable and competent.

A gun safe ( which I own, is perfect for keeping firearms out of reach)

And good luck with getting the people to go vegan. Lol.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dernman said:
@rouflex said:

Ban the guns already.

Not until we ban Rouflex...

Not until dog eating is a commun thing.

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Xaos

@sophia89:

Welcome back my nemesis ! XD

Germany pre Hitler had really strong gun laws, Hitler removed it and allowed Germans to have guns except for those with Jewish heritage. The Jews were not allowed to have guns or knives. If having weapons wouldn't have made a difference then why making so many strict laws against them buying weapons.

Aaah, that good old Hitler...

I think he was more worried about communist activists than jew. They were forbidden about almost EVERYTHING except working to death, you know.

Also if a civil war happened the people have pretty good chance of winning, planes can't patrol the streets making them useless except when attacking a confirmed area which won't be easy to do in a civil war. Tanks will get Molotov showers making them the absolute worse nightmare for the military to use.

That's not the history american civil war telling me... or neither many other civil war. Most of the time, civil war camp are divided between geographical area, or political and ethnical group. The people rarely take over a governement before the end of the conflict. Many people among the people will be supporting the governement in the name of stability. Governement wouldn't resort to planes, but rather on Helicopter and drone, and only to recon.

And really, Molotov Shower against tank ? Really ? There's a reason Russian resorted to anti-armor canon in the WWII over cocktail molotov. It only work against very lightly armored vehicle, in bad movies and bad video games. Unless the US army would have been kicked for long from Irak or Afghanistan.

Soldiers&Policeman can die from being sniped, they wear a uniform which makes them easy to spot, the same can't be said by the civilians who blend in with other civilians.

Oh yeah, and that's why the governement use spies and snitch, or destroy utterly whole villages or city. When civil war broke out, don't expect any group to play nice and fair. Lincoln had rescinded Habeas corpus once, making a quite convenient precedent. George Bush has defined the concept of "unlawful combattant" which mean that the governement can use torture or whatever mean he feel useful to preserve his security and don't get me started over the patriot act. Ain't we glad to be republicans ?

Also the police and military will most likely defect to the people.

Maybe some, but I highly they would be a majority. Human are easily corrupt and lured into doing things when they get orders to cover their ass, especially Military and policemen. Most of the tyranny fall when they fail to pay the army, rarely before, and when they do, it's when there's a crisis in the leadership or a foreign intervention.

Edit : But really, I think it's another topic. I would be glad to talk about it, still.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@xaos said:

@thedarkpaladin:

Oh, ok...

Guns can only kill.

But people do, and they should be free to do whatever they enjoy, as long as it doesn't affect anyone else.

Positive effects? You mean like getting into a car and killing some innocent person because you were blitzed out of your mind? Alcohol has almost zero positive effects.

Wrong. Guns can actually save lives fyi.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#50  Edited By dernman

@rouflex said:
@dernman said:
@rouflex said:

Ban the guns already.