• 66 results
#1 Edited by laflux (15462 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been on Comicvine for more than two years now, and alot of things have come and gone. It made me think of the things I miss and would like back. Some of these things are wide ranging things I think alot of people would like back, others are more personal to me.

Among them are

Static Shock

Babs

Citizenbane being called CB and not @saren

@darling_luna being @fuchsia_nightingale

@theacidskull writing in bold italics

Comicvine's old format (as in the format directly preceeding the most recent change)

Comicvine Quests and levelling up.

The @innervenom123 for Moderator campaign

Of course, this is where I ask you to do likewise. So what have you got?

#2 Posted by russellmania77 (15034 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk

#3 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

all the bitches

#4 Posted by JetiiMitra (8530 posts) - - Show Bio

When I just lurked. Ah, those good few years.

#5 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I was thinking about this the other day, actually, how it seems like CV has lost some of its... I don't know, its heart and soul, I guess, in recent months. Also...

@laflux said:

Damn that was fun

#6 Posted by Bruxae (13649 posts) - - Show Bio

Quests. The ones that worked ofcourse.

#7 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

Comicvine's old format (as in the format directly preceding the most recent change)

#8 Posted by Transformers1024 (1816 posts) - - Show Bio

The quests were fun. I also liked how when you were on a thread it would show who was the last poster and exactley how long ago they posted. I don't know why but I miss it. Babs was pretty cool. Static Shock can stay gone.

#9 Posted by Xwraith (17492 posts) - - Show Bio

The quests were fun. I also liked how when you were on a thread it would show who was the last poster and exactley how long ago they posted. I don't know why but I miss it. Babs was pretty cool. Static Shock can stay gone.

Doesn't it still do that?

#10 Edited by laflux (15462 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I was thinking about this the other day, actually, how it seems like CV has lost some of its... I don't know, its heart and soul, I guess, in recent months. Also...

@laflux said:

Damn that was fun

Do you remember when Comicvine used to have those bounties that @razzatazz gavout for completing certain wiki pages? That was cool :)

#11 Posted by Transformers1024 (1816 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: it does. But it was also on the very top of the thread when you clicked on it. I'm doing a terrible job of explaining it...nvm

#12 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

Am i the only one that misses the bitches?

#13 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Jonez120 (4180 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to Static anyway?

#15 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

What is this "leveling up" you speak of?

#16 Edited by GoldenOozaru22 (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: dbz vs other universes, especially Supes vs goku

#17 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9637 posts) - - Show Bio

Spike

#18 Edited by Rouflex (17525 posts) - - Show Bio

Quests and Levels.

#19 Edited by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex:

Didn't you just join like a month ago? I joined 6 months ago and I have no idea what a quest is.

#20 Posted by Pokeysteve (8258 posts) - - Show Bio

Quests. Duh. They are what got me here. My life was those damned little pop up bubbles.

#21 Posted by Rouflex (17525 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex:

Didn't you just join like a month ago? I joined 6 months ago and I have no idea what a quest is.

On this account i've been on for 2months but my older account did enjoyed quests for a short time.

#22 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex:

When did you join with your old account? I'm guessing you got banned.

#23 Posted by Rouflex (17525 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex:

When did you join with your old account? I'm guessing you got banned.

Correct and i dont remember. Sc unbanned me.

#24 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex:

Why do you use your new account then? What is your old account called? I might remember it.

Btw, what is a quest?

#25 Edited by Rouflex (17525 posts) - - Show Bio

@supernategames said:

@rouflex:

Why do you use your new account then? What is your old account called? I might remember it.

Btw, what is a quest?

You should ask a mod or idkhte.

#26 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex:

About your old account or the quests?

#27 Edited by Rouflex (17525 posts) - - Show Bio

@supernategames said:

@rouflex:

About your old account or the quests?

Well ask God Spawn and he could probably answer to both. Sc said i was put to a test if i have the right or not to get my older account back IIRC. On my older Account i was posting on the Battle Forum and not on here so i dont know if you ever meet my old account. The maximum i've achieved before this account was 1.6k

#28 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex:

My first 700 posts were on the battle forum.

#29 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21913 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss the old gallery format. The new one is a mess, its hard to organize and you need to do a insane amount of scrolling down if you want to see the bottom pictures.

#30 Posted by _Cain_ (23666 posts) - - Show Bio

Being able to see who's online.

Deleting Wall Posts.

Unlimited post limits.

The Prime Universe on the RP Forums

Everybody's old names.

#31 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

The old site format. It was nice because it had a lot more functionality and a lot fewer bugs.

#32 Edited by M3th (2085 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Quests, leveling up was so mucH fun. I would accomplisH quests by accident.

THe InnerVenom for Mod was fun altHougH I Hardly ever participated.

THe old format.

Also tHe b!tches.

($NG's post made me laugH "I too...")

-ABstract4$$#073-

#33 Posted by _Cain_ (23666 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_22: That too...

And are we in the wrong neighborhood in this section? O_o

#34 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by _Cain_ (23666 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_22: ...I say this a prime opportunity to wreck some sh!t, send a message XD

#36 Posted by Lvenger (19382 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

Comicvine's old format (as in the format directly preceding the most recent change)

Definitely the best layout that the Vine's had and the format with the least amount of problems too. This flashy new site has come at the cost of increased bugs and problems on the servers which is a big shame to those using the site.

#37 Posted by consolemaster001 (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

Quests

#38 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (21913 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@cozydaprynce said:

@laflux said:

Definitely the best layout that the Vine's had and the format with the least amount of problems too. This flashy new site has come at the cost of increased bugs and problems on the servers which is a big shame to those using the site.

I don't recall the old site having as many bugs and glitches this new format had in fact. I think the mods once said that Comicvine rushed out the site's relaunch if I am not mistaken. Since them, we got entire replies deleted, galleries unable to tag and to this day, unable to upload images from our own computers only through URL addresses (not to mention the new gallery is a mess).

And people say that we have to get over this change -_-

#39 Edited by Lvenger (19382 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@cozydaprynce said:

@laflux said:

I don't recall the old site having as many bugs and glitches this new format had in fact. I think the mods once said that Comicvine rushed out the site's relaunch if I am not mistaken. Since them, we got entirely replies deleted, galleries unable to tag and to this day, unable to upload images from our own computers only through URL addresses.

And people say that we have to get over this change -_-

I haven't heard that comment before but it honestly makes sense given what's gone wrong with the site. Issues ranging from galleries going missing to features of the site not working have made this change and worst of all for battle forum debaters like myself which is something you've already beaten me to, we can't just copy and paste images into posts anymore. We have to post them via URL addresses or from our desktop. That takes way more effort necessary and complicates the process.

Well the site has smoothed out for the most part as I don't see as many problems as before but it's still far from what the old site used to be, that's for certain.

#40 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

Good battles...

#41 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17900 posts) - - Show Bio

Not having as much bug and glitches. Quests a little bit too.

Arguing with religious nutters in the religion thread a bit as well, or having a genuine debate over religion with someone who has different views to my own. Haven't done that in awhile and whilst I am fine with that, I kinda miss it too.

Actually being able too see who is online of the people I am following, the old flag system.

The ability to search easily for threads in the top search bar, no idea who came up with the silly idea to omit that.

Editing posts, when you quote someone, it used to go straight into your post ready for editing, but now for whatever reason it goes to a new post. I mean the site is pretty much the same. It has certainly improved a few things over the last layout, so I think it evens out, and is just as good as what it was previously like.

The wall posts are a bloody now too :/

#42 Edited by TheMarvelFanboy (268 posts) - - Show Bio

B-A-B-S

#43 Edited by spidermonkey2099 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

Quests and Babs. Her videos and articles and those quests were a few of the things that attracted me to this site in the first place. They still have good articles and an interesting forums section here, though.

#45 Posted by laflux (15462 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

laflux not tempting fate?

how so?

#47 Posted by JetiiMitra (8530 posts) - - Show Bio

DBZ in battles

#48 Posted by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

The high quality trolls, everyone wants to be a Spike ripoff now.

#49 Posted by TDK_1997 (14718 posts) - - Show Bio

I,as well,miss the old format of the site.The new one is just too bad.I don't even understand what my problem is with the new format but I just don't like it.And I also miss CitizenBane being called CitizenBane.

#50 Edited by Immortal777 (7378 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been here a few years yet for some reason I can't seem to remember what the old site format looks like must be old age.

I miss being able to post/drag pics without them just disappearing.

I miss CitizenBane's posts in the Battle forum before he became a mod calling himself @saren.

I miss the Battle forums in general they just don't feel the same anymore.

I miss @scott_lobdell