What do dreams mean?

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

- Hi this is Cybrilious4,

Like you guys I have dreams. They seem fuzzy, confusing, and never explained.

I use to get dreams where I went from my house and in an instant I was at school. But when I left school I was all of a sudden in the middle of a city under attack by The Transformers. (It looked like the Auto Bots)

- I even had a dream that I jumped off the side of a small walk way bridge like in a park and it turned out to be like a 1,000 ft. drop.

- The most amazing dream I had was when I could fly, but it was after I was surrounded by Ice monsters.

They all seem random.

What do you guys think?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think dreams mean that you are open-minded and you have a broad vision of her life.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's really funny. Dreams can mean a variety of things. I noticed all your dreams are kind of adventurous and thrilling, maybe its something related to that.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your dreams are usually your unconscious working things out amongst itself. Your dreams will often take the form of your greatest fears, or wishes, your desires or things that are of importance to you, or your mind.

WildcatKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A dream is the subconscious connecting with an alternate version of yourself in another dimension.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dreams are there to process the data you went through in your day.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Subconscious stuff.

I think dreams mean that you are open-minded and you have a broad vision of her life.

Everybody dreams.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever is on your mind, example, every time I start a new job, for the whole first week I dream about it

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dreams define your desires, dreams in life, fears etc. the whole alternate universe thing though i nev heard of.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cybrilious4: ... well i guess my dream from yesterday is the most recent one i can remember, i wanted to make a stew together with some people (who I've never met before), when we are suddenly attacked by werewolves. We hide inside the cabin behind shelves and inside rooms and are picked off one by one, until 2 of them and myself gather to the stew pot and one of them takes a sip, and suddenly they back off from him. We both follow in his example and we survive, i wake up.

I know, don't tell me.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xxxddd

Dreams are there to process the data you went through in your day.

Theory.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By warlock360
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

They mean your brain has remained active while you slept

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cybrilious4:

Well my weirdest dream was when I was drinking milk in a white background.

My coolest dream was when I was protecting a baby from getting killed by an evil queen.

My scariest dream was (I was a kid at the time) I was sleeping in my bed and a hand came out of the ceiling. I got scared and went under the covers but the hand came through and started tickling me. Thankfully I woke up a little after.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dreams define your desires

Another theory.

I'm aware of that data. I've also heard of all of the major theories on the purpose of dreaming.

The true purpose of dreaming is unknown.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NeonGameWave

Dreams have multiple layers and facets to them, they are very unpredictable it depends on the dreamer in which the dreams vary though, however dreams could hold special meanings if remembered correctly and interpreted right.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

You know how some have lucid dreams and can tell they're in a dream? I never have that, no matter how outlandish my dream is, to me, then and there, it's reality. I can't tell it's a dream.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xxxddd

You know how some have lucid dreams and can tell they're in a dream? I never have that, no matter how outlandish my dream is, to me, then and there, it's reality. I can't tell it's a dream.

That happens to everyone most of the time(it's the only other way you experience a dream if you aren't lucid dreaming).

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxddd: thats what i read yhe most

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dreams are your real life and this -- right now -- as you are reading this? This is the dream.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright this one i just had freaked me right the hell out, but in a good way.

I dreamt of a gargantuan Cave filled with crystallized constructs in various colors that were probably as tall as skyscrapers the rest of the cave was twilight blue / blackish, there was also water which the floor was covered with and i was standing in it, probably to my hips. I had to choose which crystals stay and which crystals go, at this moment i didn't know what the meaning of it was, so i just randomly chose a few to go until only around 6 were left. Each crystal pillar i chose to go away, started cracking down and fell into the water. When i was done the Cave began to collapse and new pillars started to arise from beneath the waters, lifting me into a world formed with the decisions i just made.

There I found myself in a manor or house of sorts where i suppose someone was after me, and I didn't know what to do as the whole estate was foreign to me. A while later after being chased i was cornered on the rooftop with my persecutor in front of me, telling me that he / she would leave me / would be free if i could unlock something for him / her. I said I'll do it. Here's where it gets really trippy. In that moment he / she (couldn't quite make it out at that point) took a very thin drill, and pointed it at the center of my forehead. Naturally this wasn't the type of unlocking i wanted to be of assistance to. He / she started drilling so fast i couldn't move away and the moment i felt it tickle on my forehead i knew moving would maybe make matters worse, the drill was very thin after all and might not hurt the brain too much, even as I felt it going deeper and deeper, until it supposedly stopped at the middle. Now some of you may not know, but there's a part in our brain called the "Pineal Gland" and it is also referred to the "Mind's Eye" in some legends and myths, having supernatural abilities and such. That is what He / She wanted me to unlock for him / her, my mind.

As soon as he / she pulled the drill out, everything began to go slo-mo and whiten out, i could barely see the surface of my skin, and i most certainly couldn't see him / her anymore, yet he / she asked if it was unlocked, i nodded slightly not spill anything out. After the whiteout i found myself inside the cave from the beginning again, the crystals were back in place and I could make new choices. I chose one to fall, which almost crushed me but ended up blocking the way for others that were also going to crush me later on, i eventually made my decisions and the pillars began to rise again, bringing me to a new world. This world had a violet and greenish glowing swamp-like region, where i stood there and asked myself if I had made the right decisions this time, i turned around to find the person, a she, happily smiling at me and laying her arms around me saying thank you.

That person was someone i went to school with and whom i now work with, and i'm going to meet on monday again. Suppose my dream had a happy end?

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

A dream is where other people don't exist.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Veshark

I had one where I was sitting next to a man in one of those buggies airport janitors ride around in...and we were driving in a mall. And the man's head fell off, and in its stump was a giant piece of scallop.

Explain that.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@veshark said:

I had one where I was sitting next to a man in one of those buggies airport janitors ride around in...and we were driving in a mall. And the man's head fell off, and in its stump was a giant piece of scallop.

Explain that.

Ha ha.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing of import. Dreams are simply a way for the brain to digest memories. The fact that the kind of dreams you have can be influenced by what you ingest demonstrates the futility in searching for inherent meaning in them. I mean, so much as eating right before going to bed can significantly increase the chances of nightmares.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By warlock360

@guardian_of_gravity: The Pineal Gland i can remember, the person i can remember too, that other world and that huge gaia cave however, not so much.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Veshark

@veshark: Clamhead, lel

Huh. You might be right....maybe it's about someone I know xD

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

...to be honest,I don't think anyone can really say what a dream actually does. What purpose does it serve? Idk.

I mean,you can say all the metaphoric bulls*** you want,but...it's not true.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By Pyrogram

@cameron83 said:

...to be honest,I don't think anyone can really say what a dream actually does. What purpose does it serve? Idk.

Congratulations on that contradiction :P

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on what theories you believe. Freudian theories if I recall correctly imply that dreams are representations of subconscious psychological wants hidden in rather elaborate imagery. Me I'm more inclined to believe it to be how are brain consolidates memory, when we sleep considering that our memories aren't always completely connected the reason why sometimes we dream a situation where just multiple illogical things feel connected is that our brain connects them. I'm not saying that the illogical connections are what we start to remember when we wake up but rather it's how our brain transitions consolidating memory to memory while we're asleep.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Ask David Lynch.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@cameron83 said:

Congratulations on that contradiction :P

Well what I mean by that is when people say things like "dreams are your deepest desires" or "they are your secret aspirations in life" and,to say that for everyone and every dream isn't really true. I once dreamed that a demon was chasing me with the exact same demon and setting from this movie I watched (this took place when I was younger),but does that mean I want a demon chasing me?

I don't really think that they mean anything. Can't really speak for all dreams,of course.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@cameron83: Film director famous for movies like Eraserhead, Blue Velvet and Mulholland Dr. Also co-creator of cult fave TV show Twin Peaks. His works always involve dream sequences and he's been known to let his own dreams and subconscious influence his films. Leaving most everything he does open varied interpretation.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Film director famous for movies like Eraserhead, Blue Velvet and Mulholland Dr. Also co-creator of cult fave TV show Twin Peaks. His works always involve dream sequences and he's been known to let his own dreams and subconscious influence his films. Leaving most everything he does open varied interpretation.

Oh thanks

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

They don't really have any specific meaning. Forget about 'em.