What did you guys think of the Nightmare on Elm Street remake?

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By moviegeek17

What did you guys think of it?

i for one can say as a fan of the original film that i had a blast with this movie. I'm glad that they went in the direction that they did with it. it felt like something fresh rather than a straight remake. I loved Jackie Earl Haley as freddy krueger. I also lovee Rooney Mara as Nancy and i especially loved Kyle Gallner as Quentin, he reminded me a lot of myself and what i would do in those situations. but besides that he did a great job. overal i felt like i cared more about these characters than i have in any of the previous sequels.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hellos

It's out already? :P
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By moviegeek17
@Hellos: 
yeah it came out this weekend :). see it. i want to discuss it with some peoples :)
Avatar image for shadow_swordsman
Shadow Swordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shadow Swordsman

I haven't seen it, but I don't really like the darker look. I personally prefered a more comical Freddy.

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By moviegeek17
@Shadow Swordsman: 
i gotcha. i personally love the darker freddy, i mean thats the way he originally was anyway. but he does have a couple of quips in the movie just to let you know and they are pretty sickly funny.
Avatar image for shadow_swordsman
Shadow Swordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shadow Swordsman
@moviegeek17 said:
" @Shadow Swordsman:  i gotcha. i personally love the darker freddy, i mean thats the way he originally was anyway. but he does have a couple of quips in the movie just to let you know and they are pretty sickly funny. "
Ah, so he still makes jokes when he kills? That would make the movie appeal to me much more.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hellos
@moviegeek17 said:
" @Hellos:  yeah it came out this weekend :). see it. i want to discuss it with some peoples :) "

I might have to check it out then, though I'll probably just watch Iron Man 2 and call it a month on the movies. Maybe my friend who is terried of all things horror will want to see it. :P
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By moviegeek17
@Shadow Swordsman:  not exactly. but he does have a few dark wisecracks. during the film but its just as creepy as funny
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By moviegeek17
@Hellos: 
yeah see nightmare and ironman 2 then call it a month lol. cause i have to talk to somebody on the vine about this movie lol
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By lagoon_boy
I would prefer the Original Freddy it gives that slight Opposite of his brother Jason, Darker, more serious Freddy kinda takes away that feeling of scariness in my opinion, 

Note: I did not like the Friday the thirteen 2008/2009 version, i never liked it because IMO it did not live up to its true potential like in the originals did.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hellos
@moviegeek17:
I'm sure lots of people have viewed it by now. :P  
Keep this thread up and your'll probably get some solid feedback of opinions on the film.
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By moviegeek17
@Hellos:

good point lol. theres a certain part of the movie that im dying to talk about lol

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By moviegeek17
@Edamame: 
idk, i like it just about as much as the original and new nightmare to be honest
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By moviegeek17
@Edamame: 
i thought he was more threatening then the sequels. but i think we did see him a little too much. but then again he did screw with a lot of people's minds in this movie. what did you think of nancy and quentin?
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lagoon_boy
@Edamame:  I haven't seen it yet, but as my friend explained to me what happened and whatnot i know its getting worse and worse, Freddy's comical Personality should have been the cause  of his scariness factor.
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By moviegeek17
@Edamame:  i think it was something like he always liked her, but she got to like him when they kinda teamed up together to survive freddy, thats the way i took it
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By moviegeek17
@Edamame: 
i felt that it was a lot better than the halloween remake and a definite improvement from the friday the 13th remake. i thought overal the acting saved it for me epsecially kyle gallner who played quentin and the girl who played nancy. i cared about them enugh to care what happened to them. and i even really liked jackie earl haley as freddy. so yeah i thought it was better than the other 2
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By moviegeek17
@Edamame: 
yeah. and wiith quentin i felt like that would be me in a horror flick so there is another reason why i like him lol. do you think they should do a sequel? we both know they will but should they? and if so where do you think they should go with it?
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By moviegeek17
@Edamame: 
i see what you mean. realistically i agree with you. but on the other hand if they approach it from the more of characters of nancy and quentin's perspectives and less of freddy's and if they really try to craft a good story out of it and out it in an interesting direction then i think it could definitely be good. it all depends on the writers but i think it had potential to be good
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
I really liked the Nightmare on Elm Street remake... Jackie Earle Haley makes an awesome Freddy... 
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By moviegeek17
@King Saturn: 

i agree. he did an amazing job as freddy and i will give credit where credit is due. i really liked the story and how they made it different than the original especially with the micronaps concept.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@moviegeek17 said:

" @King Saturn:  i agree. he did an amazing job as freddy and i will give credit where credit is due. i really liked the story and how they made it different then the original especially with the micronaps concept. "

yes indeed 

@Edamame said:

" @King Saturn: He didn't have that smile all the time though.

@moviegeek17 said:

" @Edamame:  i see what you mean. realistically i agree with you. but on the other hand if they approach it from the more of characters of nancy and quentin's perspectives and less of freddy's and if they really try to craft a good story out of it and out it in an interesting direction then i think it could definitely be good. it all depends on the writers but i think it had potential to be good "
I hope it would be that good.  : ) "
doesnt bother me
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By moviegeek17
@Edamame: 
i hope so too. though i know that when they do a sequel that quentin will die and that will make me sad :(
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
now I am curious... will this lead up to a remake of Freddy vs Jason with the new characters in it ? 
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By moviegeek17
@King Saturn: 
yeah, those micronaps were pretty much like a complete game changer to me. i thought all they had ot do was keep awake then they pulled that on me and i was thinking crap, now they're screwed lol
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By moviegeek17
@Edamame: 
maybe as a comic but i dont think that would ever work as a movie, it would be a silent film considering neither of them talk lol
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@moviegeek17 said:
" @King Saturn:  yeah, those micronaps were pretty much like a complete game changer to me. i thought all they had ot do was keep awake then they pulled that on me and i was thinking crap, now they're screwed lol "
indeed... but you knew that had to add a new twist to this remake... it could not be just like the First Film
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By moviegeek17
@King Saturn: 
true. i did, but i didnt expect that to happen. i was pleasantly surprised by it
CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By CortSether

I hated how they tried to make people feel sorry for Freddy. 

The dude's a sick child rapist/killer you aren't supposed to feel sorry for him.

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By moviegeek17
@Edamame: 
lol. to a certain degree yes and to certain degree no lol
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@CortSether said:
" I hated how they tried to make people feel sorry for Freddy.   The dude's a sick child rapist/killer you aren't supposed to feel sorry for him. "
thats a good point... though when people did realize that Freddy was in fact a Child Molester in the movie... everyone wanted him to get creamed... and he did... well sort of at least... lol 
drdanny10293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By drdanny10293
@moviegeek17: I thought it was okay and i liked how they did the origin of freddy a little more clearer but they totally F'ed up on the eyes in the freddy makeup his face looks like burnt ass lion/tiger. LOL
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By Undergroundgod

I liked it. I like the darker version, of Freddy, I never really liked the old Freddy that much, he was too nerdy for me, I was never afraid of him, this new one however, he was a Monster. I liked how he toys with them, so they will unlock the past and findout he was the Monster they hoped he might not have been, They never made me feel like Freddy was a victim, I knew what he was, only they didn't, they felt because Freddy was pissed, he must have been innocent, they were wrong, I for one liked that. Made the Characters feel more real to me.
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By moviegeek17
@Undergroundgod: 
same here. i liekd how he completely messed with them too, i could never believe that he was innocent so i was glad that they pulled that little twist at the last second. that really messed up both of them. do you think they should make a sequel? if so where do you think they should go with it?
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Undergroundgod
@moviegeek17 said:
" @Undergroundgod:  same here. i liekd how he completely messed with them too, i could never believe that he was innocent so i was glad that they pulled that little twist at the last second. that really messed up both of them. do you think they should make a sequel? if so where do you think they should go with it? "

Well even though it never showed Freddy kill her, they left her pritty screwed. I mean after Freddy, kills her, and finishes off the folks, would he still have reason to haunt Elm Street?
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By moviegeek17
@Undergroundgod: 
i dont think she's dead actually. i think that she was still suffering the effects of the micronaps and he did that just to screw with her some more and show that he was still alive
ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ms__omega

Didnt think is was that good the makeup work for Freddy looked like crap imo

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Undergroundgod
@moviegeek17 said:
" @Undergroundgod:  i dont think she's dead actually. i think that she was still suffering the effects of the micronaps and he did that just to screw with her some more and show that he was still alive "

Hopefully I would like to see another one, also I would like to add, I think that "I didn't like the way his make up looked." or anything to that effect, is a pretty lame reason to not like the movie, I admit that when they showed his face real well, it didn't look all that well, but when in the shadows he looked bad ass, and over all, the new Freddy was way less of a cheese ass! I really liked that he was a Monster and not a clown.
lostinoblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lostinoblivion

my take ont hie movie is very simple it was a great remake i love the old freddy look but both freddies did there job greatly now do i enjoy the comedy of old yes but do i like the darker approach of course now i see this like the old joker vs the new joker (in the movies of course) now old freddy had some great scares i think many will agree that new freddy chose to scare people more than make comedy that said i think old freddy had the potential to be just as scary but the take on freddy on the old movie gave a more rounded movie good comedy with some good scares which i loved but new freddy focused more on the horror that is a nightmare and he had more of a darker sinister humor  which was enjoyable but if they were tying to go for a well rounded freddy like they did in the old one then i would have to say they didnt do as good of a job now if i had to chose between the two well ... i dont think i can i mean the period between the 2 is to long imo so things like like cj need to be taken into account another thing is the differnce in actor/ directors and so on which actoro did  like more well i cant say hey were both very good but if it came down to it i think i would choose old freddy based on the look of the 2 i really think old freddys look makes him better than new :D

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Aronmorales

I never saw it, I don't know.