• 59 results
#1 Edited by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope everyone saw Avengers because this thread has SPOILERS and I seen Avengers today and it was funny awesome action movie.

SO LEAVE THIS THREAD FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN AVENGERS!

Anyway after the ending cut scence Thanos appears!

Thanos is no Loki right? Because Loki got his ass beat by the Avengers(Especially the Hulk! lol)

This is Thanos's debut in movies and i know some people don't know who Thanos is.

Well we are going to find out who Thanos is(For those who don't know)

What can we expect for Avengers 2?

#2 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully, Thanos kicking ass.

#3 Edited by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

And beating the crap out of the Avengers and hopefully it will be out by 2015!

#4 Posted by JediXMan (27954 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity Gauntlet... Adam Warlock... maybe Dr. Strange... that guy who is probably Annihilus...

Too much to ask for?

#5 Posted by Inverno (12832 posts) - - Show Bio

I am having some expectation problems for the next one... you see I had high expectations for this movie and it managed to exceed them. I don't think how the next one can possibly live up to the first one. Specially when Joss Whedon stated the sequel will be far more contained.

#6 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Infinity Gauntlet... Adam Warlock... maybe Dr. Strange... that guy who is probably Annihilus...

Too much to ask for?

Which Annihilus guy are you talking about?

#7 Posted by JediXMan (27954 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour said:

@JediXMan said:

Too much to ask for?

Which Annihilus guy are you talking about?

The guy who was talking to Loki throughout and the guy Thanos was talking to at the end.

#8 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Oh, the guy who was the middleman between Thanos and Loki? That would be super cool if that was Annihilus. I think you're definitely right about the Infinity Gauntlet though.

#9 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@wario1988 said:

I hope everyone saw Avengers because this thread has SPOILERS and I seen Avengers today and it was funny awesome action movie.

SO LEAVE THIS THREAD FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN AVENGERS!

Anyway after the ending cut scence Thanos appears!

Thanos is no Loki right? Because Loki got his ass beat by the Avengers(Especially the Hulk! lol)

This is Thanos's debut in movies and i know some people don't know who Thanos is.

Well we are going to find out who Thanos is(For those who don't know)

What can we expect for Avengers 2?

LOL, Sad but true.

When do you think the influx of noobs will be coming to this site?

#10 Posted by FALLENprophet (6555 posts) - - Show Bio

A team expansion.

#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm interested to see if Thanos's love, Death, will make an appearance.

#12 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Too much to ask for?

I thought he was Ronan...

#13 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

The guy who was talking to Loki throughout and the guy Thanos was talking to at the end.

I never actually thought that was Annihilus. Marvel have the rights to him?

#14 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
probably Thanos beating the crap out of the Avengers... perhaps this will give us the opportunity to see Adam Warlock come in to assist The Avengers. 
#15 Posted by Chaos Burn (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

Urgh, I dislike the 'space' thing, wish they could focus on Earth bound stories....like Ultron or something

#16 Posted by mavfan626 (4118 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

I'm interested to see if Thanos's love, Death, will make an appearance.

Same here..

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27387 posts) - - Show Bio
@wario1988: Hopefully he will be in the Guardians of The Galaxy film
#18 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity Gauntlet. Possible addition of either Wasp, Ms Marvel, but what I really want is Squirrel Girl.

#19 Edited by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

@wario1988: I'm so stoked, and i think i got it figured.

In Thor, we see the Infinity Gauntlet In Odin's weapons room (The room with the casket of Ancient Winters)

And Thanos wanted Loki to retrieve the Cosmic cube.

What was the Cosmic cube used for?

To get to Asgard.

What's in Asgard?

The Infinity Gauntlet.

Do the math kiddies.

#20 Posted by tamabone (119 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping to see some subplots like the search for (or revelation of) different infinity gems in Iron Man 3  Thor 2 and Captain America 2.
#21 Posted by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

I see them trying to increase the scale and attempt to pull off cosmic characters. Like IV said, I really want to see Death make an appearance. And hopefully they can have the Dr. Strange movie done before Avengers 2 so he can be in there as well.

#22 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (1949 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if we'll see Drax

#23 Posted by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone else think Bucky Barnes is going to make a return?

#24 Posted by Stormultt (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping that avengers 2 is leading up to the actual war with thanos even more since guardians of the galaxy is due in 2015.

They should have a whole movie of the whole infinity gauntlet saga containing all the heroes.

#25 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

Doesn't everyone pretty much think he'll be in the Cap sequel?

#26 Posted by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@nickthedevil said:

hopefully... i mean, his death was so sudden. and it was barely even addressed, if at all.

#27 Posted by Inverno (12832 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

@wario1988: I'm so stoked, and i think i got it figured.

In Thor, we see the Infinity Gauntlet In Odin's weapons room (The room with the casket of Ancient Winters)

And Thanos wanted Loki to retrieve the Cosmic cube.

What was the Cosmic cube used for?

To get to Asgard.

What's in Asgard?

The Infinity Gauntlet.

Do the math kiddies.

That sounds epic but Joss Whedon plans on making much more contained sequel for the Avengers. I think this may happen in the individual movies because there are rumors of Thanos appearing in Thor 2.

#28 Posted by JediXMan (27954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

@JediXMan said:

Too much to ask for?

I thought he was Ronan...

Ronan wouldn't work with Thanos, and the Kree have normal hands, whereas this guy had very odd hands.

@isaac_clarke said:

@JediXMan said:

I never actually thought that was Annihilus. Marvel have the rights to him?

Why wouldn't they?

#29 Posted by JediXMan (27954 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@nickthedevil said:

I do. He fell into a river; it's certainly similar to what actually happened.

I expect him to return as Winter Soldier.

#30 Edited by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Joss is just playing misdirection. Having a much more "contained" sequel wont sit well with Feige and the other studio stooges. As interesting as it would probably be, they just wouldn't allow that too happen.  

Thanos will be the villain and Strange, Ant-Man, Wasp, and probably Luke Cage will all join the team. 

Oh, and I would imagine that Thor will receive some power boost in his individual film, so that he doesn't lose a fight to flipping Iron Man and have trouble busting out of a falling cage of glass again.:p

#31 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Ronan wouldn't work with Thanos, and the Kree have normal hands, whereas this guy had very odd hands.

Ultimate Ronan is Thanos' son.

#32 Posted by ADAMocracy (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: I actually like how Thor was powered in Avengers, it actually makes it look like they can lose, because to all the noobies who don't know, they're like "Thors a god, how does he lose?" So by making I guess weaker is the word, in the films it allowed more freedom.

#33 Edited by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@ADAMocracy: I would agree if Thor was that way in his own film, but he wasn't. He was pretty much the most powerful protagonist in any of the MCU films until The Avengers. I will agree that he was holding back in his fight with Hulk, but the battle with Iron Man, while awesome, was a little strange. Thor seemed to be reverting back to his brutish ways, which contradicts the actions he took at the end of his own film in which he stopped just trying to hammer everything into oblivion and actually use his powers more effectively.  

Wrestling with Iron Man and head-butting him a good twenty yards away was oozing with awesomeness, but I would've liked to see Tony get thrashed a little more in that fight so that he realized that Thor was not someone to piss off.
#34 Posted by JediXMan (27954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

@JediXMan said:

Ultimate Ronan is Thanos' son.

I don't know anything about Ultimate Ronan, so I suppose it's possible.

It's also possible that the dimension the army came from was the Negative Zone.

#35 Edited by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Ultimate Ronan appeared in Ultimate Fantastic Four in the Cosmic Cube saga, I think that he appeared before, but I didn't read those issues, read them you would love them.

Edit: I am not sure about the Negative Zone, It just seemed to be the deep space for me.

#36 Posted by JediXMan (27954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

@JediXMan said:

Ultimate Ronan appeared in Ultimate Fantastic Four in the Cosmic Cube saga, I think that he appeared before, but I didn't read those issues, read them you would love them.

Edit: I am not sure about the Negative Zone, It just seemed to be the deep space for me.

Never liked the Fantastic Four, but I'll look into it.

#37 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

Joss is just playing misdirection. Having a much more "contained" sequel wont sit well with Feige and the other studio stooges.

I highly doubt this. Considering the wild success the film has been, I don't see Marvel exactly "restraining" Whedon from doing what he wants.

#38 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@Illuminatus said:

Joss is just playing misdirection. Having a much more "contained" sequel wont sit well with Feige and the other studio stooges.

I highly doubt this. Considering the wild success the film has been, I don't see Marvel exactly "restraining" Whedon from doing what he wants.

That's a possibility. I just don't see Whedon getting everything he wants, especially now that Disney is slowly starting to creep into the company.
#39 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Illuminatus said:

That's a possibility. I just don't see Whedon getting everything he wants, especially now that Disney is slowly starting to creep into the company.

Very true. Disney is all about them moniez. But I think it'd be incredibly stupid on their part to restrict him from concentrating on story rather than "Oomph"

#40 Edited by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Illuminatus said:

Very true. Disney is all about them moniez. But I think it'd be incredibly stupid on their part to restrict him from concentrating on story rather than "Oomph"

Well, they did think "Oomph" would be appropriate for John Carter, and look how that turned out.  

I like that Marvel Studios now has a practically endless pool of money to draw on from Mickey Mouse, but I'm not sure that the slow but increasing influences from Mickey is right for Marvel's films.
#41 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Illuminatus said:

Well, they did think "Oomph" would be appropriate for John Carter, and look how that turned out. I like that Marvel Studios now has a practically endless pool of money to draw on from Mickey Mouse, but I'm not sure that the slow but increasing influences from Mickey is right for Marvel's films.

Oh man... Don't remind of John Carter... I was so excited for that. Perhaps Disney learned from their mistakes and I don't think Disney is calling all the shots. It seems Marvel has the majority of the creative control. Disney might just be supplying the cash flow.

#42 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Never liked the Fantastic Four, but I'll look into it.

I used to think that too, but then I started to read the Ultimate Fantastic Four and then Hickman's Run and now I am a fan, I really recomend you that run too, is perfect.

Also, in the Ultimate universe, Reed Richard is the creator of the Cube and he had the Idea of the a couple of issues before he actually made it, so I think that to understand what is happening you have to read a little more than just the issues where it appears.

#43 Posted by JediXMan (27954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool:

Hm. The prospect of requiring prior reading to understand an event... has really piqued my interest. I'll give it a look.

#44 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Why wouldn't they?

I assumed Fox had him, along the Skrulls, Galactus, the Surfer and the FF4. If that isn't the case, it would awesome. (I also thought they had Thanos so I was highly pleased with that ending).@Illuminatus said:

Joss is just playing misdirection. Having a much more "contained" sequel wont sit well with Feige and the other studio stooges. As interesting as it would probably be, they just wouldn't allow that too happen. Thanos will be the villain and Strange, Ant-Man, Wasp, and probably Luke Cage will all join the team. Oh, and I would imagine that Thor will receive some power boost in his individual film, so that he doesn't lose a fight to flipping Iron Man and have trouble busting out of a falling cage of glass again.:p

Thor doesn't armor up till largely at the end of the film, otherwise he tanked just about everything thrown at him. The only time actually bleed was when Loki got him. That glass cage was built to hold the Hulk, the fact Thor smashed his way so easily through it was a pretty good showing for him. Iron Man was running at 475% power and still got his rear handed to him by Thor. There is a reason he spent the fight either being knocked on his rear or speeding away from Thor's hammer.

#45 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke said:

@Illuminatus said:

Joss is just playing misdirection. Having a much more "contained" sequel wont sit well with Feige and the other studio stooges. As interesting as it would probably be, they just wouldn't allow that too happen. Thanos will be the villain and Strange, Ant-Man, Wasp, and probably Luke Cage will all join the team. Oh, and I would imagine that Thor will receive some power boost in his individual film, so that he doesn't lose a fight to flipping Iron Man and have trouble busting out of a falling cage of glass again.:p

Thor doesn't armor up till largely at the end of the film, otherwise he tanked just about everything thrown at him. The only time actually bleed was when Loki got him. That glass cage was built to hold the Hulk, the fact Thor smashed his way so easily through it was a pretty good showing for him. Iron Man was running at 475% power and still got his rear handed to him by Thor. There is a reason he spent the fight either being knocked on his rear or speeding away from Thor's hammer.

True and true. I just wish the fight between Tony and Thor went differently.
#46 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

True and true. I just wish the fight between Tony and Thor went differently.

Well it goes about like most Thor fights go, he smacks the mortals around to avoid their death. This one loves midgard and all, so killing one of it's champions is a no-no. Now if he fought it like he did the Destroyer, Iron Man probably would have died at the start of the movie.

#47 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Hm. The prospect of requiring prior reading to understand an event... has really piqued my interest. I'll give it a look.

...Well, I guess you would always need pior knownledge to read the average comicbook.

#48 Posted by JediXMan (27954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

@JediXMan said:

...Well, I guess you would always need pior knownledge to read the average comicbook.

Yes, but some require it more than others - and those are the stories I like.

#49 Posted by JediXMan (27954 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

@JediXMan said:

Why wouldn't they?

I assumed Fox had him, along the Skrulls, Galactus, the Surfer and the FF4. If that isn't the case, it would awesome. (I also thought they had Thanos so I was highly pleased with that ending).

They have Galactus and Surfer. I didn't think they had Skrulls, but even if they did, it shouldn't all necessarily fall into the same category.

#50 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Yes, but some require it more than others - and those are the stories I like.

Why? (I think that we have already talked about this)