It can be from any television medium, live action, animated, anime, sitcom, whatever. Just give me your top five!!
Also, maybe explain why to get more detail!!
1. Walter Hartwell White (Breaking Bad): He is a perfect character. Flawed, well rounded, interesting, villainous at times, yet still likable and just fun to watch. Bryan Cranston did a fantastic job playing him. I was rooting for Walt all the way until the end. But I wouldn't cross him, cause, he IS the danger.
2. Light Yagami (Death Note): For the same reasons I like Walt, I like Light. Both the antagonist and protagonist of his show, Light had me cheering for him (more than the good guys) all the way through, unlike Walt though, he had no redeeming qualities, he was out to achieve his goal by any means necessary. He was cunning, manipulative and yes, a sociopath, but that only interested me more, it's not everyday a character like Light shows up.
3. George Costanza (Seinfeld): I wrote a paper in college on this man, on how much we have in common, the white lies we tell to get out of situations, the overbearing parents, the feelings of being inadequate in some situations. George Costanza is my favorite sitcom character, he's funny, the situations he often puts himself in are relatable, and to me, is actually, the most ''realistic'' character in Seinfeld. He's not too cool for school like Jerry, he's not crazy like Krammer, and he's not Julia Louise Dreyfus irl. He's just a short, stocky, slow witted bald man, trying to make it in the world.
4. Tyrion Lannister (Game of Thrones): Maybe, I just like manipulative characters (I'm noticing a trend) but Tyrion steals every scene he is in on the show, although he's an imp, he often towers over everyone else. Clever and cunning, he knows how to play the game of thrones with the pieces available to him. Plus, he has the best witticisms in the series, so much so, that they were made into a BOOK.
5. Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel): One of my favorite vampires ever, Spike is a near perfect character. He started out as merely a "villain of the month" Big Bad, who caused problems for Buffy and tormented Angel, but as time moved on, he evolved. We saw that the bad boy swagger is often times a front to hide his true self, which is, a hopeless romantic. His one weakness is women, although soulless, he will follow his heart even if it leads to self destruction. Sarcastic, funny and bada**, Spike is the perfect counterbalance to the brooding and tortured Angel. He's a vampire with a heart of gold and the hair of Billy Idol.
Not including cartoon characters ...
HM: Richard Harrow (Boardwalk Empire), Lindsay Weir (Freaks and Geeks), Marty Hart (True Detective), John Luther (Luther), Jesse Pinkman/Gus Fring (Breaking Bad), Lester Freamon/Jimmy McNulty/Bunk Moreland (the Wire), Bronn/Sandor Clegane/Jaime Lannister/Littlefinger/Roose Bolton (Game of Thrones)
no particular order and ill just do one character per series otherwise all of these would be breaking bad characters
1. castiel (supernatural) an amazing character. he's extremely unique. starts as one of the most loyal angels but becomes more and more human as the series progresses.
2. gus (breaking bad) seriously well written. has the ultimate drug empire but comes of as a cool nice businessman who can just go to being a crazy psycho one second later. bad a$$ until the end.
3. The janitor (scrubs) originally intended to be a one time gag for the pilot but turned into the main antagonist. pretty much all of his lines were improv and they were just crazy and hilarious. he stole the show for me
4. Charlie (its always sunny in philadelphia)- a man that survived an abortion who is obsessed with cats, the dark, slime, and the sewer who is sleeping in the same bed with the guy who may or may not be his father. the whole show is great but charlie stands out
5.Ed ( ed edd and eddy)- the character i quote more than any other. dumb, caring, and super strong ed is just cool
I tried to put some variety in this list. If I didn't, it would be filled entirely of Breaking Bad characters.
1. Hawkeye (The Avengers EMH). - a wiseguy archer on a team of incredibly powerful heroes.
2. Daenerys Targeryn (Game Of Thrones). - a strong, sexy woman, who happens to be the Mother Of Dragons.
3. Watson (Sherlock).- a tough as nails version of me.
4. Aqualad (Young Justice).- A hero with two homes, an epic power set and is willing to sacrifice everything for the mission.
5. GOB Bluth (Arrested Development).- A wacky character that lets me forget about the troubles of life.
I kind of got disinterested in the site for a while, so I'm taking a break. I've decided to post here and there from time to time, but I'm not gonna go into any lengthy debates any time soon. I'll be back fully eventually though. There's nothing to worry about :)
Lot of good answers in here. And I have few to add. I'm probably going to date myself with at least one
And then a tie with these three from Game of Thrones--Tyrion/Danaerys/ Arya. I swear to gawd if Arya isn't queen of the world when this is all over there just isn't any justice
Use your keyboard!
Log in to comment