#1 Edited by potter1000 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

It can be from any television medium, live action, animated, anime, sitcom, whatever. Just give me your top five!!

Also, maybe explain why to get more detail!!

#2 Edited by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Jesse Pinkman- Breaking Bad

2. Sasuke Uchiha- Naruto

3. Niklaus Mikealsen- the Vampire Diares

4. Walter White- Breaking Bad

5. Gustavo Fring- Breaking Bad

#3 Edited by The Stegman (23803 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Walter Hartwell White (Breaking Bad): He is a perfect character. Flawed, well rounded, interesting, villainous at times, yet still likable and just fun to watch. Bryan Cranston did a fantastic job playing him. I was rooting for Walt all the way until the end. But I wouldn't cross him, cause, he IS the danger.

2. Light Yagami (Death Note): For the same reasons I like Walt, I like Light. Both the antagonist and protagonist of his show, Light had me cheering for him (more than the good guys) all the way through, unlike Walt though, he had no redeeming qualities, he was out to achieve his goal by any means necessary. He was cunning, manipulative and yes, a sociopath, but that only interested me more, it's not everyday a character like Light shows up.

3. George Costanza (Seinfeld): I wrote a paper in college on this man, on how much we have in common, the white lies we tell to get out of situations, the overbearing parents, the feelings of being inadequate in some situations. George Costanza is my favorite sitcom character, he's funny, the situations he often puts himself in are relatable, and to me, is actually, the most ''realistic'' character in Seinfeld. He's not too cool for school like Jerry, he's not crazy like Krammer, and he's not Julia Louise Dreyfus irl. He's just a short, stocky, slow witted bald man, trying to make it in the world.

4. Tyrion Lannister (Game of Thrones): Maybe, I just like manipulative characters (I'm noticing a trend) but Tyrion steals every scene he is in on the show, although he's an imp, he often towers over everyone else. Clever and cunning, he knows how to play the game of thrones with the pieces available to him. Plus, he has the best witticisms in the series, so much so, that they were made into a BOOK.

5. Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel): One of my favorite vampires ever, Spike is a near perfect character. He started out as merely a "villain of the month" Big Bad, who caused problems for Buffy and tormented Angel, but as time moved on, he evolved. We saw that the bad boy swagger is often times a front to hide his true self, which is, a hopeless romantic. His one weakness is women, although soulless, he will follow his heart even if it leads to self destruction. Sarcastic, funny and bada**, Spike is the perfect counterbalance to the brooding and tortured Angel. He's a vampire with a heart of gold and the hair of Billy Idol.

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (40741 posts) - - Show Bio

Kakashi Hatake(Naruto)

Raphael(TMNT 2003)

Captain America(Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Spider-Man(Spectacular Spider-Man)

Wolverine(Wolverine and the X-Men)

#5 Posted by Jean199999 (547 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many to choose, I'll settle on these 5 for today:

River Tam (Firefly)

Cameron (Terminator:The Sarah Connor Chronicles)

Bennett (Dollhouse)

Tess Doerner (The 4400)

Orwell (The Cape)

#6 Posted by GeekBait (779 posts) - - Show Bio

It's impossible to narrow it down to five, but I think it's worth mentioning Squidward. Love that dude.

#7 Posted by Pperspectiveandreality (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Eric Northman

Evan R. Lawson

Harvey Spectre

Russel Edginton

Elliot Benson

#8 Edited by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

Not including cartoon characters ...

1. Rust Cohle (True Detective)
  2. Walter White (Breaking Bad)
  3. Coach Taylor (Friday Night Lights)
  4. Max Guevara (Dark Angel)
  5. Al Swearengen (Deadwood)

HM: Richard Harrow (Boardwalk Empire), Lindsay Weir (Freaks and Geeks), Marty Hart (True Detective), John Luther (Luther), Jesse Pinkman/Gus Fring (Breaking Bad), Lester Freamon/Jimmy McNulty/Bunk Moreland (the Wire), Bronn/Sandor Clegane/Jaime Lannister/Littlefinger/Roose Bolton (Game of Thrones)

#9 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

no particular order and ill just do one character per series otherwise all of these would be breaking bad characters

1. castiel (supernatural) an amazing character. he's extremely unique. starts as one of the most loyal angels but becomes more and more human as the series progresses.

2. gus (breaking bad) seriously well written. has the ultimate drug empire but comes of as a cool nice businessman who can just go to being a crazy psycho one second later. bad a$$ until the end.

3. The janitor (scrubs) originally intended to be a one time gag for the pilot but turned into the main antagonist. pretty much all of his lines were improv and they were just crazy and hilarious. he stole the show for me

4. Charlie (its always sunny in philadelphia)- a man that survived an abortion who is obsessed with cats, the dark, slime, and the sewer who is sleeping in the same bed with the guy who may or may not be his father. the whole show is great but charlie stands out

5.Ed ( ed edd and eddy)- the character i quote more than any other. dumb, caring, and super strong ed is just cool

#10 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Walter White (Breaking Bad)
  2. Samurai Jack (Samurai Jack)
  3. Michael Bluth (Arrested Development)
  4. Michael Scott (The Office)
  5. Opie Winston (Sons of Anarchy)

I tried to put some variety in this list. If I didn't, it would be filled entirely of Breaking Bad characters.

#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (40741 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by EpicTayMan (2167 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Bugs
  • Daffy
  • Spongebob
  • Patrick
  • Superboy
#13 Edited by Oscars94 (2458 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Hawkeye (The Avengers EMH). - a wiseguy archer on a team of incredibly powerful heroes.

2. Daenerys Targeryn (Game Of Thrones). - a strong, sexy woman, who happens to be the Mother Of Dragons.

3. Watson (Sherlock).- a tough as nails version of me.

4. Aqualad (Young Justice).- A hero with two homes, an epic power set and is willing to sacrifice everything for the mission.

5. GOB Bluth (Arrested Development).- A wacky character that lets me forget about the troubles of life.

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Where you been man?

I kind of got disinterested in the site for a while, so I'm taking a break. I've decided to post here and there from time to time, but I'm not gonna go into any lengthy debates any time soon. I'll be back fully eventually though. There's nothing to worry about :)

#15 Edited by Stevens61310 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Lot of good answers in here. And I have few to add. I'm probably going to date myself with at least one

FOX MULDER

Richard Castle

And then a tie with these three from Game of Thrones--Tyrion/Danaerys/ Arya. I swear to gawd if Arya isn't queen of the world when this is all over there just isn't any justice

#16 Edited by Cloakx14 (2734 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Sylar he stole the show in Heroes he's as complex character

2. Death- Supernatural he's o bada** & always calm

3. Tyrion- Games of Thrones He's manipulative & Clever

4. Kurama - Yu Yu Hakusko

5. Kisuke- Bleach

#17 Edited by DoctorXander (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm only going to say characters who originally appeared in TV shows or this would be filled with Justice League characters

(Edited my responses shown with Bold)

1. The Doctor
  2. Patrick Star
  3. Baal (Star Gate)
  4. Jack O'Neill
  5. Teal'c
#18 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21392 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Smallville Superman
  • Michelangelo (TMNT 2003)
  • Redhood (Under the Redhood)
  • Dick Grayson: Nightwing (Under the Redhood) & Robin (The Batman/Young Justice)
  • Gob Bluth (Arrested Development)

#19 Posted by Racob7 (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

In no order whatsoever:

John Reese

The 10th Doctor

Ben Tennyson

Samurai Jack

Aku

#20 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

Walter White, Rust Cohle, Leslie Knope, Jim Halpert, Tyrion Lannister.

#21 Posted by myrongains (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Homer Simpson

Adam West Batman

Charlie Harper (two and a half men)

Goku

Foghorn Leghorn

#22 Posted by JakeN7 (11535 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm omitting Anime and Cartoons.

1. Arya Stark - Game of Thrones

2. Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

3. Malcolm Reynolds - Firefly

4. Captain Jean Luc Picard - Star Trek: The Next Generation

5. Daenarys Targaryen/Tyrion Lannister (tie) - Game of Thrones

#23 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

1. The Doctor ( the 11th specifically) from Doctor Who- In my opinion, one of, if not the best TV characters ever created. While the writers of his show of course get a huge credit for crafting this character, at the end of the day, the actors are the true catalysts in establishing the doctors personality . I've never witnessed a case where 12 different actors portrayed one character and still somehow managed to capture The Doctors main characteristics while adding their own flavor to the mix along the way. Honestly, I find this very surprising, but facts are facts, the show wouldn't have lasted this long if the each actors basically played a different character with the same name. Which brings me to my next point, the face changing or regeneration really gives us, the audience, a chance to go on different adventures, considering that while the core is maintained, the personality and habits can really morph the tone. From Christopher's grieving suicidal doctor to Matts mitts happy-go-lucky adventurous Timelord, the show always keeps things fresh and original. But now more on to the Doctor. Who is he and what does he do? Well in all honesty, the Doctor is a good man who wants to help others and explore the universe, but it doesn't end there. While the doctor has a heart of gold and while he honestly wants to do whats best, it doesn't always turn out like that. Because beneath the happy face there lies a demon, a force that should never be reckoned with. More on to personal demons, This line basically sums up why I love Doctor who so damn much : "Demons run when a good man goes to war." meaning that if a good man is angered, it means a certain terrible line has been crossed, and even the most sinister of monsters will fell a good mans wrath.

Furthermore, the fact that different people portray ultimately leads to us picking a favorite, hence why I mentioned that Matt Smith/11th Doctor is my personal favorite version. Why you ask? because in my opinion, he expertly manages to show us the Doctors age( despite being so young himself), inner beats and kindness though his heart, face and actions. He also introduces an adventurous/comedic tone which really set him apart from his predecessors, Tennant and Eccleston. I also Love that he talks with his hands and body, which really shows you that despite being over 1200 years old, he can still be pretty childish at times. In short, Matts Smiths doctor is a Father, a husband, an adventurer,a beast, a savior, an explorer, a friend, and most importantly...he is a doc...no, he is THE Doctor.

2.Rustle Cohle from True Detective- a pessimistic, damaged human being who wants to do good and put away bad guys but somehow comes off as a d*ck while doing it. Rustle is one of the most interesting characters I've ever seen in a TV show, because despite the fact that he is probably a real pain to be around, at heart he is a decent man who can't really catch a break. This I find really peculiar because I usually detest characters who seem to be huge bummers about everything, but Matthew really doesn't really play a cliche d*ck on screen, no, he plays a damaged man who had dedicated his life to helping others, but what really won me over is his ability to project emotions despite having a motionless face and a really, REALLY monotonic voice. I honestly can't say that many actors can do that. Besides, the writing that evolves Rus doesn't really fall flat either, considering the time and period shifting throughout the whole season, we really get a sense that he's changing bit by bit, while at the same time he's not developing at all. Even if Rustle doesn't come back for season two, he is one of the few characters I will never forget.

3.Sherlock/Watson from Sherlock- Now this is a bit of a gamble in all honesty because I've seen numerous takes on sherlock and most of them are fairly different portrayals. But none of the TV versions managed to really impact the way Steven Moffats version did. Benedict and Martin Freeman really bring the characters to life, their dynamic is absolutely amazing and well structured, and all of this is accomplished in 9 episodes. Watson is the heart while sherlock is the brain, and both fit each other so well that i really couldn't choose who to pick and put on this list. Moreover, Seeing Sherlock progressively become human due to Watson is an absolute joy to watch, and I'd each episode even if the writing was crap just for them. ( the writing is amazing tho)

4. Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead- A great and badass leader who is still clinging on to humanity while the others are slowly degrading into something worse than the walkers. Now I know what you are going to say many other characters haven't snapped either, but you're forgetting that these characters aren't leaders, therefore they have far less pressure put on them. Sure it's hard when someone you love dies, but it's harder when someones does under your leadership, and it takes a firm, strong character to really get through tough times, which Rick has managed to do. also, I absolutely adore Lincoln, his performance is breath taking and despite having badass characters like deryll or kindhearted guys like Hershel, rick still remains to be my top character even after 4 seasons.

5.Detective John Kennex from almost Human-A strong, tough detective who's had a lot of rough bumps around the road but his stubbornness and anger restrains him from giving up. He's a flawed assh*le but at heart he is a true and loyal friend who has a strong sense of justice and will always do the right thing. What really improves Johns characters is the fact that he's paired up with a android who's trying to become more human, yet at times it's hard to tell who's more man than robot at times due to Johns reluctance to show any other emotion than anger. Besides, Karl Urban is badass.