What are you thoughts on police in america?

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I find very odd how people suddenly hate cops all the sudden because of incidents that are believed to be caused by racism.

IMO cops are the most underrated heroes on this planet they go through so much sh!t and still choose to help their communities.

Before you post your comment please watch this video. (It may be a little graphic no blood but guns are fired at people)

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DBVSE7

Just a gang that works for the government. Like all gangs they have their..

- Colors.

- Rules.

- Weapons.

- Codes.

- Ranks.

You mess with them, or make the wrong move.. you'll get killed. But if you don't you walk away without a scratch or at most a suspicious stare.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are good cops & bad cops. The media chooses to focus on the bad, and people are all too quick to jump on the bandwagon.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

One of the many groups consistently screwed over by the 24 hour news cycle. I'm sure a bunch of sh*tty cops fly under the radar, especially when the blue wall is up, but I don't believe that they actually look forward to harassing people.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

John McClane is a cop, I like cops.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-new-nationwide-crime-wave-1432938425

Replace humans with robots, no need to bribe

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@lesterlawton: The "good" cops don't ever stand up to the "bad" cops.

"Bad cops" do bad things all the time in front of other cops and those cops just allow it to go on. Like the time that cop beat up a guy for no reason, arrested him and then threw crack in the guys trunk in front of a dozen cops and none of them said a word.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Ironically.. it's cause they care about their job more than doing what's right.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lesterlawton: The "good" cops don't ever stand up to the "bad" cops.

"Bad cops" do bad things all the time in front of other cops and those cops just allow it to go on. Like the time that cop beat up a guy for no reason, arrested him and then threw crack in the guys trunk in front of a dozen cops and none of them said a word.

It's most likely the cop was a higher rank and they were afraid to lose their job and not be able to support their family

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some cops are good, some are bad. They are still people.

Whenever something involving cops happens, it should all depend on context. People hype it up and almost always turn a situation into something it's not.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That's an American problem, not mine. I'm just glad my country's police don't carry firearms.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

American Cops are severely underappreciated

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel there are a few bad cops giving all cops a bad name.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no such thing as a "good cop".

The vast majority of police abuse doesn't even make the news, because its so commonplace and rampant that the news couldn't even begin to report on every incidence. I can name atleast five cases of police abuse I've heard about, and none of those cases have even made it to the local news.

There is also the fact that cops are thieves.

Loading Video...

And racist. And misandrist.

The ironic thing, because of all this corruption, some people have decided to take the law into their own hands and attack the police. And at the very first sign of a threat, the police stop patrolling and stop answering emergency calls. And I'm supposed to be grateful that they are "putting their lives on the line"??? They caused theirown lives to be in danger, and at the first sign of trouble they run and hide like cowards. That's NOT putting your life on the line.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator
micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

That's an American problem, not mine. I'm just glad my country's police don't carry firearms.

No Caption Provided

Grayzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cops or law enforcement in general are just like any other profession in the world. There will be some corrupt and bad people, and there will be good people.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@micah said:
@maccyd said:

No Caption Provided

Joke's on you, I'm not British, hah! :P

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Figured you weren't. Just couldn't resist, this image immediately leaped into my mind after your comment lol.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are more good cops than bad ones....the problem though is that the bad ones get away with murder (literally).

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hard to justify every single person in ins profession by a group of individuals but there are a number of racist cops.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is hypocracy in the fact that most cop haters are in fact racist themselves.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

That's what the USA says about other countries until it becomes their problem.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By Pyrogram

As more or less a police officer, I think police officers need to be held to a higher standard than most professions. Yes, there are good, and bad cops. But the difference between a bad garbageman and a bad police officer is that one means the rubbish is thrown away too late and the other somebody could potentially die. Any good police officer knows that in their heart, regulations, and a strict system of accountability is required. I mean honestly, the life of an individual could be decided in the forearm muscles of a police officer and the barrel of the gun. The person's entire existence is decided in a split second. How people can stand for even one police officer who is "bad" is an injustice to society on a whole. People shouldn't generalize, and people shouldn't hold people to an idealistic standard normally, but police officers SHOULD be held to a higher standard; because they are just that important. I know for one, as a training police officer, and soon to be a real officer, even one bad police officer shouldn't be accepted.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grayzone said:

Cops or law enforcement in general are just like any other profession in the world. There will be some corrupt and bad people, and there will be good people.

True. Although I am concerned not just about cops that do bad things but about some other cops that see something going wrong right in front of them but choose to sit by and do nothing to stop or fight it.

Grayzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grayzone said:

True. Although I am concerned not just about cops that do bad things but about some other cops that see something going wrong right in front of them but choose to sit by and do nothing to stop or fight it.

Ya good point, doing nothing is just as bad as the cops taking advantage of their power.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Its a very tough job.. I respect most of them, and support them.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cable_Extreme
Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a whole lot of people have said not all cops are bad the media just focuses on the bad :/

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By theshinygible

@maccyd said:
@micah said:
@maccyd said:

No Caption Provided

Joke's on you, I'm not British, hah! :P

You're then in either Ireland, Iceland, Norway, or New Zealand...which one? lol

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

hhhhhmmmm

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who threatens people with violence, including lethal force, for simply engaging in consensual behavior or for putting something in their own bodies can not be a good person. Its like saying "Well, not ALL neo-Nazis are evil. There are good ones and there are bad ones." No, there aren't.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of them are power hungry storm troopers that think they are above the law and people. Not a fan.

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MyNameIsWill
No Caption Provided

... ok. hm.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is hypocracy in the fact that most cop haters are in fact racist themselves.

This is so VERY TRUE!!!!!

Amen

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wolverine008

I don't feel they are deserving of my respect, nor I do hate them.I am apathetic towards them for the most part really.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By legacy6364

There are good cops & bad cops. The media chooses to focus on the bad, and people are all too quick to jump on the bandwagon.

As a whole lot of people have said not all cops are bad the media just focuses on the bad :/

I feel there are a few bad cops giving all cops a bad name.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@wolverine08: so many people let thier biases dictate how they act. Going into a situation with an apathetic sort of mentality is smarter than going in with any sort of bias whether good or bad.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no such thing as a "good cop".

The vast majority of police abuse doesn't even make the news, because its so commonplace and rampant that the news couldn't even begin to report on every incidence. I can name atleast five cases of police abuse I've heard about, and none of those cases have even made it to the local news.

There is also the fact that cops are thieves.

Loading Video...

And racist. And misandrist.

The ironic thing, because of all this corruption, some people have decided to take the law into their own hands and attack the police. And at the very first sign of a threat, the police stop patrolling and stop answering emergency calls. And I'm supposed to be grateful that they are "putting their lives on the line"??? They caused theirown lives to be in danger, and at the first sign of trouble they run and hide like cowards. That's NOT putting your life on the line.

My dad would like a word with you. He 44 year old man that has 5 children, yet that puts his life in danger everyday he works. He's been shot at, yet has never fired back due to him believing he didn't need to use lethal force. He's has had friend die from a simple red light runner that decided to pull a gun out when he reached his window. Even with all the hate cops get now a days he still works and does good for the community. He runs a youth wrestling club to help kids stay out of trouble. I know their bad cops in this country but they simply don't out way the good cops. Do you judge the whole black community based off a couple gang members that kill innocents?

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DBVSE7

@godzilla44: You can't compare gang members and a community..to cops.. You make it sound as if gang members are only black with that flawed comparison.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightway said:

Some cops are good, some are bad. They are still people.

Whenever something involving cops happens, it should all depend on context. People hype it up and almost always turn a situation into something it's not.

Best response you're going to get.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pyrogram
@dbvse7 said:

@godzilla44: You can't compare gang members and a community..to cops.. You make it sound as if gang members are only black with that flawed comparison.

And you make it sound like all cops are bad with your flawed ideas. Because a few are bad it doesn't men all are bad.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:
@cable_extreme said:

This is so VERY TRUE!!!!!

Huh? Cops aren't a single race of people, and different races of people do not like the cops.

Right-Wing Terrorists also hate cops, they even target and kill them and they're mostly white.

So...who is racist?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Superguy1591

@godzilla44:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."--Edmund Burke

Police officers are supposed to uphold the law, protect citizens from wrong doers. Allowing bad cops to break the law, subvert the criminal justice system and ruin people's lives tarnishes the shield. It makes them look like they consent to the crimes and are self-interested.

I wouldn't want to be a member of a corrupt organization like that, but, then again, I'm a good person, or at least I try to be. As long as "good cops" sit idly by and allow "bad cops" to continue to wear the same uniform as them they'll always be lumped in with those "bad cops."

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I just seems to me that US cops are far too scared and trigger-happy for their own good. Especially when it comes to dealing with people of colour. The last two incidents I heard of were:

• Cop's stop a black man that had bumped into someone else in his car, immediately after stopping him there are 6 officers sounding him with drawn weapons. They order him out, but he mumbles something about not feeling well, so the cops start with tasering him. When that doesn't work, he get several seconds worth of peper-spray before falling out of his car... when the cops find out the guy was actually having a stroke.
  • A car/truck of parole officers (all black) get pulled over by a local police unit and nearly immediately get treated as if they were a pack of gangbangers.

And there's these repeated cases of cops getting off the hook for killing unarmed people of colour.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

coppers

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cops are like any other position or group that offers even the least bit of power above that of an average person. There's just as much racism and corruption in everything else, just the cops get the most attention.

I can think of several instances where I witnessed genuine racism first hand and none of them were done by a cop.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pyrogram

@godzilla44:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."--Edmund Burke

Police officers are supposed to uphold the law, protect citizens from wrong doers. Allowing bad cops to break the law, subvert the criminal justice system and ruin people's lives tarnishes the shield. It makes them look like they consent to the crimes and are self-interested.

I wouldn't want to be a member of a corrupt organization like that, but, then again, I'm a good person, or at least I try to be. As long as "good cops" sit idly by and allow "bad cops" to continue to wear the same uniform as them they'll always be lumped in with those "bad cops."

I see this argument a lot and it makes no sense. Whenever a bad cop is found to have done something illegal he is arrested. It makes no sense, this type of argument.