#1 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12118 posts) - - Show Bio

So we all have favorites right, those classic gems that we saw and loved but could've been better.What would you like to see remade better if you could?

For me it would be Fist Of the North Star and Shaman King.

#2 Posted by _slim_ (15836 posts) - - Show Bio

Outlaw Star.

#3 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12118 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (14403 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaman King

Gantz

Berserk(A 100% anime adaptation)

Soul Eater

Zetman

#5 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12118 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8930 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been down with the three movies for the Golden Age arcs recently which are awesome actually.

My pick would be Witchhunter Robin and an anime Highlander series (because I loved Search for Vengeance)

#7 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (14403 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones said:

It's been down with the three movies for the Golden Age arcs recently which are awesome actually.

My pick would be Witchhunter Robin and an anime Highlander series (because I loved Search for Vengeance)

Yeah, they're awesome, but they lack the character development and depth provided in the manga.

#8 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8930 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh to me they show everything important about Berserk and distilled to the essentials. I'm not complaining really.

#9 Posted by russellmania77 (16689 posts) - - Show Bio

none, as in remade mangas i would say dbz

#10 Edited by Rouflex (26920 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleach (Anime& Manga), its has a lot of potential, if he could just remake it and make it greater its would be the best Anime/Manga.

#11 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12118 posts) - - Show Bio

How would you change it?

#12 Edited by russellmania77 (16689 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:

How would you change it?

not so centered around goku mostly and i guess make goku into a nine tail fox or something cool

#13 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12118 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@russellmania77 said:

How would you change it?

not so centered around goku mostly and i guess make goku into a nine tail fox or something cool

Really? Cool

#14 Edited by Rouflex (26920 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@russellmania77 said:

How would you change it?

What about no?

#15 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12118 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex said:

@russellmania77 said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@russellmania77 said:

How would you change it?

What about no?

HAHA

#16 Edited by Rouflex (26920 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Johnni_Kun (290 posts) - - Show Bio

A bunch of old Gundam series. ZZ gundam, F91(full series) Victory Gundam(Tomino's original vision.)

I still love all of them so much, but some of them are drench in fillers.(ZZ,Victory.)

#18 Posted by BlackLegRaph (2052 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say both SAO and Mirai Nikki. Those were 2 of the anime I've seen with the poorest quality, but very great premises. I'd say throw out the old characters, put in fresh, memorable and 3-dimensional ones, and get a top notch author to do the writing.

Other than that, I can't really think of any anime that really needs a workover.

#19 Edited by russellmania77 (16689 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Rouflex (26920 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Farkam (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@russellmania77 said:

How would you change it?

You still high?

#22 Posted by Fallschirmjager (19596 posts) - - Show Bio

off the top of my head in no particular order...

Tenchi Muyo - one of the better series of all time needs to be updated and brought in the main stream.

Outlaw Star - probably one of the better space opera/westerns when they were super popular in the 90's.

Yu Yu Hakusho - would love to see this series with modern animation technology.

Elfen Lied - I'd like them to have a faithful adaptation of the manga. the original series was done when the manga was still ongoing.

Ruroni Kenshin - They never did the final arc. They briefly covered it in the OVA's but after the Shishio arc its all filler garbage. I'd like to see at least the last arc done properly, or redo all of it with modern tech.

Bastard - it had a 6 episode ova in the 90's and its horrible. This needs a proper 50-100 episode series.

Full Metal Panic - not a redo, but I'd like to see them continue the series as only 5/12 of the light novels have been adapted. Highly underrated series

Claymore - it was a really faithful adaption until the ending (which understandably because of the manga still going) but I'd like another season

D.Gray Man - same reasons as Claymore, doesn't need a remake, but could use another season.

Sword Art: Online - a lot people loved the first arc but hated the 2nd, because what they don't realize is the novels actually have like 5 different arcs and cutting it at 2 was a weird way to end it. Continue it for another season please!

Escaflowne - straight up one of my favorite and underrated mechas. Would love to see one with modern technology

Berserk - needs a faithful series.

Black Lagoon - MOAR SEASONS PLOX

...that's enough for now I think. could keep going if I wanted to though, lol

#23 Posted by russellmania77 (16689 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by russellmania77 (16689 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Farkam (5734 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12118 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Rouflex (26920 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by russellmania77 (16689 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by TheTrueClarkKent (14318 posts) - - Show Bio

One Piece with a more likable crew.

and not so much a remake but a continuation of Cowboy Beepbop

#30 Edited by Fallschirmjager (19596 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: mhm.

TBH I would settle for an animated DS vs Uriel fight :P

#31 Posted by Rouflex (26920 posts) - - Show Bio

and not so much a remake but a continuation of Cowboy Beepbop

Are you talking about luffy?

#32 Posted by The Stegman (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Elfen Lied

Naruto Shippuden

#33 Edited by Squares (8661 posts) - - Show Bio

Sailor Moon. Or a version of Fullmetal Alchemist that properly captured the awesomeness of the manga.

#34 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12118 posts) - - Show Bio

and not so much a remake but a continuation of Cowboy Bebop

Co-sign

#35 Posted by Rouflex (26920 posts) - - Show Bio

D gray man propably

#36 Posted by RDClip (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

Something that could rejuvinate the real robot mecha genre. My top two would be a remake of the original Gundam series (a real remake, not that Gundam Seed crap) and a remake of SDF: Macross (adapt Macross: The First) Other than that, maybe a few movies adapting Legend of Galactic Heroes.

#37 Posted by Stupid_People (1264 posts) - - Show Bio

Gantz would b legit to see.

#38 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (30363 posts) - - Show Bio

Rosario+ Vampire Season II.

The manga is amazing when it wants to be, the anime straight sucks c**k.

#39 Posted by frogdog (3974 posts) - - Show Bio

Trigun - Follows more of the manga

Devilman - A complete remake that isn't a jumbled mess

Angel Cop - For the lols

Ninja Scroll - Think of redline animation

Shadow Skill

Soul eater - manga is still ongoing

Tekkaman Blade

Gantz

One Piece with better animation

@_slim_ said:

Outlaw Star.

I rather have a second season

#40 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (30363 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager:

Sword Art: Online - a lot people loved the first arc but hated the 2nd, because what they don't realize is the novels actually have like 5 different arcs and cutting it at 2 was a weird way to end it. Continue it for another season please!

Have you read the Light novel series? I read the first volume, been meaning to read volume 2 but I've had alot on my plate as of late.

#41 Posted by danhimself (21248 posts) - - Show Bio

I am SUPER excited for Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin

I've tried several times to watch Gundam 0079 and I usually get a few episodes in before the animation drives me away...I'm sure that back in 1979 that animation was amazing but I just can't handle it now

so yeah I'm really excited to see it redone

#42 Posted by danhimself (21248 posts) - - Show Bio
@rdclip said:

Something that could rejuvinate the real robot mecha genre. My top two would be a remake of the original Gundam series (a real remake, not that Gundam Seed crap) and a remake of SDF: Macross (adapt Macross: The First) Other than that, maybe a few movies adapting Legend of Galactic Heroes.

the remake of the original Gundam series "Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin" is supposed to be coming out in either 2014 or 2015

#43 Posted by Fallschirmjager (19596 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager:

Have you read the Light novel series? I read the first volume, been meaning to read volume 2 but I've had alot on my plate as of late.

I haven't read any of them, I just know the general story line.

Its on my to do list, but I also have a lot of reading to do. There aren't enough hours in the day! :)

#44 Posted by danhimself (21248 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

Sailor Moon. Or a version of Fullmetal Alchemist that properly captured the awesomeness of the manga.

you didn't like Brotherhood?

#45 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (30363 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@fallschirmjager:

Its on my to do list, but I also have a lot of reading to do. There aren't enough hours in the day! :)

lol Indeed. There is so many good anime/manga and so little time.

#46 Edited by Fallschirmjager (19596 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@fallschirmjager:

lol Indeed. There is so many good anime/manga and so little time.

i have about 4/5 manga series and 6+ comic series I need read atm :3. I'm currently half way through Akira (yes, I know its blasphemous to have only now started reading it >_>) and I'm also reading volume 3 of Black Panther.

and of course, every time i manage to get my reading list down to 1 or 2 series...I end up adding 10 more :P

its never ending

#47 Posted by Squares (8661 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Not really. While it was more faithful to the source material, I feel it failed to capture some really important aspects of the manga.

#48 Posted by danhimself (21248 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

@danhimself: Not really. While it was more faithful to the source material, I feel it failed to capture some really important aspects of the manga.

I'm going to have to get around to reading it at some point....I loved Brotherhood so I can't really imagine how it's possible that the manga could be better than that...must be awesome

#49 Posted by Nefarious (27281 posts) - - Show Bio

Vampire Knight.

#50 Edited by Jnr6Lil (8188 posts) - - Show Bio

Agree on Shaman King