• 54 results
#1 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

sharin with my comic vine family before i share it with my actual family lol

#2 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

That sounds pretty cool.

If you find a wooden walking stick in a cave over there, don't forget to strike it on the ground.

Just in case . . . you know?

#3 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

That sounds pretty cool.

If you find a wooden walking stick in a cave over there, don't forget to strike it on the ground.

this.....is such a perfect comment....

#4 Posted by TotalBalance (708 posts) - - Show Bio

Why Norway?

#5 Edited by russellmania77 (13577 posts) - - Show Bio

NO WAY!

#6 Edited by Yokergeist (12324 posts) - - Show Bio

Where are you moving from?

#7 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15747 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (16963 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck mate. Watch out for the cold :P

#9 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@totalbalance: @russellmania77: @supernategames: @allstarsuperman: my mom was looking for houses for a while because she wanted to mve away from where we currently live (lots of family issues and bad memories etc.) so one day i showed here a norwegian prison for fun and she's been looking for houses ever since....she found one

#10 Posted by oceanmaster21 (6314 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: congrats goidluck will you still be on thevine

#11 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15747 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: oh okay, well I hope your all okay, and that you can still get your comics

#13 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@oceanmaster21: lol yeah....unless there is something idk about the internet over there????

#14 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

one thing im nervous about is that we're black and im wondering how we'll be treated....

and @allstarsuperman amazon all the way

#15 Edited by TotalBalance (708 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Do you speak any Norwegian?

#16 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@totalbalance: absolutely none. i speak german and english and i know curse words in spanish

#17 Edited by oceanmaster21 (6314 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by TotalBalance (708 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@totalbalance: absolutely none. i speak german and english and i know curse words in spanish

Ah well, Spanish swearing likely won't be too helpful, But English and German are two of the more spoken second languages there so that is good.

#19 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

Ah well, Spanish swearing likely won't be too helpful, But English and German are two of the more spoken second languages there so that is good.

well thats good to know. how do they treat black people in norway?

#20 Posted by GraniteSoldier (4499 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck, have fun, be safe.

#21 Posted by dondave (26573 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by TotalBalance (708 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I am afraid I have never been to the country so any opinion I have is likely not a good one due to the lack of first hand empirical evidence. It is worth noting it is a very racially homogeneous country (ie: a very large percentage of the population is whites of Norwegian descent) which is not necessarily a good or bad thing just a fact. I have not seen any reasons in the press to believe there are racist sentiments on any large scale in the county though so I would hope you would be fine.

#23 Posted by Hel (475 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry, we've seen black people in Scandinavia before ;)

So where in Norway ? internetconnection might be worse further up north ;)

#24 Posted by consolemaster001 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@hel: I believe she said Oslo. You're from Norway? Because I have a few questions lo

#26 Posted by SC (11947 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck on your move!

Norway is a beautiful country, and one of the most tolerant, progressive and forward in the world. One of my best friends is Norwegian, I know a tiny bit about it. It might not have a huge population of black people but Norwegians are some of the nicest people you'll find, and foreign people are welcomed warmly. I was thinking to moving there one day as well. Oh and they have comic stores so don't have to worry about that. Definitely Oslo does.

#27 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16860 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

Good look with the move :) Hope you get settled quick.

#28 Posted by Mxyzptlk_CV (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

there is no easier way to learn a language than to live in the respective country for 3 or 4 months :) ...That's how i learned german when i was young

#29 Posted by Hel (475 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@hel: I believe she said Oslo. You're from Norway? Because I have a few questions lo

I`m Swedish but I know a couple of Norwegians. None of them from Oslo though.

Love Norway but it´s really, really expensive to live there

#31 Posted by Bruxae (9250 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck with that.

#32 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@hel: @mxyzptlk_cv: @sc: Thys all very too to hear....except for the expenses. But my mom

Is a chef so we should be ok. Im excited. I'll be there for holidays and the very very few breaks I have from football. Can't wait to meet some Norwegian women lol

#33 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by Hel (475 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@hel: @mxyzptlk_cv: @sc: Thys all very too to hear....except for the expenses. But my mom

Is a chef so we should be ok. Im excited. I'll be there for holidays and the very very few breaks I have from football. Can't wait to meet some Norwegian women lol

It`s expensive but wages are great and chefs are probably paid good. And about food - a pizza might cost you 28 euro :D (no kidding)

#35 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck!

#36 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@hel said:

@sog7dc said:

It`s expensive but wages are great and chefs are probably paid good. And about food - a pizza might cost you 28 euro :D (no kidding)

whoa...... thats crazy man....

#37 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

That sounds pretty cool.

#38 Edited by Samimista (20177 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats! That must be so exciting yet scary moving to a location you're unfamiliar with? =O I know it takes awhile to get used to where the stores and everything are. xD Hope the move goes well!

#39 Posted by darkazrael999 (3676 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

Ah! When you say Norway, I'm reminded of two things...Thor and Heavy Metal. Don't forget to watch a lot of shows. Awesome bands over there. :)

#40 Posted by Dabee (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL!

#41 Posted by M3th (1771 posts) - - Show Bio

And this affects me how?

joking aside, CONGRATULATIONS M8! Why are you moving?

June'sVeryOwn

#42 Posted by Chaos Prime (10582 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@totalbalance said:

@sog7dc said:

well thats good to know. how do they treat black people in norway?

Been to Norway Oslo in fact & can say wot a nice folk they are.Im not Black but living in London u know a vibe feel for a place & can say i didnt see any types of racism there.Be it pub, Club, food outlet or walking down the street.

Im sure u will love it there.

#43 Edited by Dabee (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, this is a joke. Right?

#44 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5588 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats! Good luck.

#45 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck, hope you have a nice trip and an awesome stay in Norway!

#47 Posted by Dabee (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@dabee: @dabee: Nope

Seriously? It's not a joke? You aren't just going on vacation? You're actually picking up and MOVING there?

#48 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee: Well my mom is buying a house and officially moving there. Ill be there whenever I'm not at school or busy with football.

#49 Edited by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

well, good riddance!

jk, seriously good luck! I'm jealous. I live in the states and have always dreamed of moving to Scandinavia or Europe.

#50 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio