Weightroom Progress

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 65

Edited By AssertingValor

Im hoping to put my progress in this blog.

Anybody else weight lift and would like to set up a program to follow with me?

Gwahlur_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gwahlur_Rising

I used to be a pretty avid weightlifter in college. I've since shifted my focus to other areas of fitness, but I'd like to offer you my support and encouragement!

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By satyrgod

My schedule doesn't allow me the latitude for such commitments, but I can tell you the best part of lifting: the lockerroom.  Some of those guys are hot!  And they appreciate the male physique, so get with it and get yourself some.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

Do you even lift?

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AssertingValor

@InnerVenom123: Yes, i can post what i look like to show

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AssertingValor

@InnerVenom123: Yes, at one time i was second in the country for dead-lift in my weight class in the ADFPF

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By minigunman123

@satyrgod said:

My schedule doesn't allow me the latitude for such commitments, but I can tell you the best part of lifting: the lockerroom. Some of those guys are hot! And they appreciate the male physique, so get with it and get yourself some.

Woah, what?

Checking out guys in lockerrooms?

If you're a guy, then that's exactly the kind of crap that makes people want to separate homosexuals from heterosexuals, in locker and shower rooms. You should be ashamed of yourself. (edit: I treat this seriously because that's pretty serious stuff.)

If you're a woman, then how the f*ck did you get in the men's locker room, wherever you go to school?

Anyway... OP, I typically do whatever exercises I can, spread across two gym-days a week, one day for upper body, one for lower body, do core exercises (such as planks or crunches) on both days and inbetween workout days. Bicep curls, hammer curls, dead-lift sometimes, bench-press always, squats, leg-press, rows, dips, kettlebell squats, etc. etc... I try to do 4x6 routines for strength training, or more if I'm going for endurance (but I'm fairly new to endurance training, I mostly trained for strength, before; I just follow my friends' workouts for endurance.)

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By satyrgod
@minigunman123: "Checking out guys in lockerrooms? If you're a guy, then that's exactly the kind of crap that makes people want to separate homosexuals from heterosexuals, in locker and shower rooms."

Your reply seems to indicate that you consider homosexuals to be other than "people", or is it other than "normal" people?  I've been told by numerous hetero males that all guys peek (which, of course, means virtually all guys, not literally, as there are always exceptions), which verifies my own experience in such situations.  And body builders are a notoriously narcissistic lot; if they're into their own bodies, why would they not be into their peers?  Your post seems to indicate a degree of homophobia, as though you are afraid to share the lockerroom with those different from you.  What, then, are you so insecure about?

Otherwise, what is it to you what I've been doing in the lockerroom?  It's all good between consenting adults, right?

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By minigunman123

@satyrgod said:

@minigunman123: "Checking out guys in lockerrooms? If you're a guy, then that's exactly the kind of crap that makes people want to separate homosexuals from heterosexuals, in locker and shower rooms."

Your reply seems to indicate that you consider homosexuals to be other than "people", or is it other than "normal" people? I've been told by numerous hetero males that all guys peek (which, of course, means virtually all guys, not literally, as there are always exceptions), which verifies my own experience in such situations. And body builders are a notoriously narcissistic lot; if they're into their own bodies, why would they not be into their peers? Your post seems to indicate a degree of homophobia, as though you are afraid to share the lockerroom with those different from you. What, then, are you so insecure about?

Otherwise, what is it to you what I've been doing in the lockerroom? It's all good between consenting adults, right?

It's not homophobia, that term is fairly insulting.

My concern and mild outrage/disgust with this, would be the same if it involved a woman; for that matter, I don't exactly appreciate hetero guys peeking if I'm showering in the PE building's locker room, either.

Also, I am into bodybuilding, and am not narcissistic, and don't look at other people's d*cks when they shower. What you are describing is a somewhat homosexual behavior, not a bodybuilder behavior.

I am actually afraid to share a locker room shower with anyone. I just don't like people seeing me naked, it's none of their damn business. I would imagine many people feel the same way (hence why people have their own private showers in their home).

I just personally think, since you are big on homosexuals being equal, you would not do something that plays into a problem homosexuals are plagued with today. Homosexuals are sometimes wanted in separate accomodations that would involve seeing naked men/women, and what you did or described yourself doing, is exactly why people want that.

Finally, though, if you're checking out everyone in the shower, did you ask them if it's okay to look at their d*cks or something? If not, that's not consenting.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By satyrgod
@minigunman123: "would be the same if it involved a woman"
No, male-female interactions are completely different.  Women are more likely to be or feel like victims.  Also, men are visual creatures who objectify, women do not.  Men compare themselves to other men, as do women but in different ways (to my understanding).  If you're in a public place, you are fair game to be seen; if you don't like it, barricade yourself like Howard Hughes.  Personally, I don't see an issue with nudity as it's completely natural.  Then again, I don't worry that I can't measure up.
minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By minigunman123

@satyrgod said:

@minigunman123: "would be the same if it involved a woman"
No, male-female interactions are completely different. Women are more likely to be or feel like victims. Also, men are visual creatures who objectify, women do not. Men compare themselves to other men, as do women but in different ways (to my understanding). If you're in a public place, you are fair game to be seen; if you don't like it, barricade yourself like Howard Hughs. Personally, I don't see an issue with nudity as it's completely natural. Then again, I don't worry that I can't measure up.

I'm glad you don't see an issue with it, but that's your choice. You can't speak for the guy's you're staring at, nor can you speak for their personal stance of you looking at them lustfully like that. That makes you insensitive and a sicko, like many other men.

Also, I'm not worried about measuring up lol. If anything, I'm worried about intimidating other men.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By satyrgod
@minigunman123:  

Uh huh.  Anyway, I do not stare, but neither do I sneak around and peer out of the corner of my eye.  People know when they're being watched regardless and if they have a problem with it they can choose to not be nude in public.  If a guy really has a problem with it, he can either wear the same clothes until he gets home or keep his underwear on while changing.  And a lot of men enjoy showing off.  I am not among them; I simply refrain from attempting to hide who and what I am.  Although I have to admit, admiring looks from other guys are nice, but I don't thrive on it.  It's a compliment similar to any other.  
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Pyrogram

@minigunman123: You obviously do not weight lift or do any form of exercise if your calling him gay for that. I do not know 1 person who exercises who does not compare themselves to other men , it is human nature.

And what if he was gay?

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By minigunman123

@Pyrogram said:

@minigunman123: You obviously do not weight lift or do any form of exercise if your calling him gay for that. I do not know 1 person who exercises who does not compare themselves to other men , it is human nature.

And what if he was gay?

If he's gay, doesn't matter. Still inappropriate.

And lol @ how if I don't "compare" myself to other guys, I must not lift... As a matter of fact, I do compare myself to others, but not in the freakin' shower.

I imagine if we were talking about a heterosexual man admiring the female body (oh, but just for the sake of comparing bodybuilding of course) you would be on my side. But since the man might be homosexual and looking at men instead of women, like that... Somehow it's different?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Pyrogram

@minigunman123: I don't compare to people in a shower, I admit that I do not even go to the gym, Home workouts ftw, But next time don't come across as so offensive dude.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AssertingValor

Oh man! My poor poor blog gone wrong lol

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Last time I lifted a weight I dropped it on my toe....

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lykopis

@LordMaverick said:

You got "minigunned."

It's just his way of attempting to get attention off the OP and unto himself. You asked for it just by mentioning you work weights -- but he goes away once he's called out and posts another of his daily inane threads. Your blog should be okay now.

There are a few posters on here who work out - and are trainers. I would suggest and

You might already be aware of this so I apologize if you do. Just thought I would share this since there was some good information to be had there. :)

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By satyrgod
@minigunman123: "If he's gay, doesn't matter. Still inappropriate.And lol @ how if I don't "compare" myself to other guys, I must not lift... As a matter of fact, I do compare myself to others, but not in the freakin' shower.I imagine if we were talking about a heterosexual man admiring the female body (oh, but just for the sake of comparing bodybuilding of course) you would be on my side. But since the man might be homosexual and looking at men instead of women, like that... Somehow it's different?"

Firstly, I don't see how noticing a naked man is inappropriate.  Nor is admiring him for what he is.  I also respect reasoning and acumen. As far as it being different than looking at and discussing women; in some ways, yes, it is different and in other ways, no, no difference.  Men objectify.  Therefore, when a man is the subject of objectification, he loses his bitching rights.
minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By minigunman123

@lykopis said:

@LordMaverick said:

You got "minigunned."

It's just his way of attempting to get attention off the OP and unto himself. You asked for it just by mentioning you work weights -- but he goes away once he's called out and posts another of his daily inane threads. Your blog should be okay now.

There are a few posters on here who work out - and are trainers. I would suggest and

You might already be aware of this so I apologize if you do. Just thought I would share this since there was some good information to be had there. :)

Ah, ignorance. It's such a noble beast... *Looks at Lykopis through binoculars from his jeep,* If we're careful, we may even get to see it mate with the rare "stupidity" beast! Both are very common in this neck of the internet, but not always in pairs. This may be a rare sighting indeed.

@satyrgod said:

@minigunman123: "If he's gay, doesn't matter. Still inappropriate.And lol @ how if I don't "compare" myself to other guys, I must not lift... As a matter of fact, I do compare myself to others, but not in the freakin' shower.I imagine if we were talking about a heterosexual man admiring the female body (oh, but just for the sake of comparing bodybuilding of course) you would be on my side. But since the man might be homosexual and looking at men instead of women, like that... Somehow it's different?" Firstly, I don't see how noticing a naked man is inappropriate. Nor is admiring him for what he is. I also respect reasoning and acumen. As far as it being different than looking at and discussing women; in some ways, yes, it is different and in other ways, no, no difference. Men objectify. Therefore, when a man is the subject of objectification, he loses his bitching rights.

It doesn't matter what you see it as. It matters that you're doing something to other people, and they may not like it, therefore unless you ask and they say they're ok with it, you shouldn't be doing it.

Not all men objectify, and women are also capable of objectifying. You are pretty sexist, it sounds. Very much a double standard. Not to mention, two wrongs don't make a right.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By minigunman123

@satyrgod: Actually, perhaps we should take this into private so as to not derail the thread (which has died except for our discussion, anyway).

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Imagine_Man15

I've been meaning to start lifting for a long time now, but my schedule doesn't seem to agree... I lift erratically, on the rare occasions where I have the proper mixture of time and ambition.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By minigunman123

@Imagine_Man15 said:

I've been meaning to start lifting for a long time now, but my schedule doesn't seem to agree... I lift erratically, on the rare occasions where I have the proper mixture of time and ambition.

If you can get a friend to exercise with you, it's a lot more fun. Plus, try and mix exercises up; do wall-sits, crunches (or any of the millions of variations on crunches, using equipment or no equipment), use medicine balls, do push ups or jogging, take up a martial art, or anything else that tickles your fancy; one of my favorite exercises is actually just chopping wood! (I live in the middle of a forest, essentially.)

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@InnerVenom123 said:

Do you even lift?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Decoy Elite

I lift my food as I shovel it in my mouth.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lykopis: Me and DM bodybuild like bawses.

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DCsuperman0007

do this for at least an hour everyday and you will be huge and strong in no time i saw big results and huge improvement in my max in about 2 weeks

Bench press

sets:until failure

reps 3

weight: 90% of max

bench press (legs 90 degree angle)

sets:until failure

reps 6

weight: 70% of max

bicep curls

Sets: until failure

reps: 6

weight: 85% of max

hammer curls

weight 80% of max

Pull ups

sets: 3

Weight: N/A

Arnold press

weight: 85% of max

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Yeaaaah....don't do this-----------^^^ every day for at least an hour.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lykopis
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lykopis: LOL

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By Yung ANcient One

God I need to get a membership again :(

Tisss has been too Long.

I mean I'm no way a body builder, but... I miss going :/

(+)

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@god_spawn said:

Bromance ?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lykopis

@minigunman123 said:

Looks at Lykopis through binoculars *from his jeep,* If we're careful, we may even get to see it mate

Sometimes it's almost painful for how easy this is....

@minigunman123 said:

My concern and mild outrage/disgust with this, would be the same if it involved a woman.

I don't exactly appreciate hetero guys peeking.

I don't look at other people's d*cks

Did you ask them if it's okay to look at their d*cks or something? If not, that's not consenting.

and yet, it continues...

@minigunman123 said:

You can't speak for the guy's you're staring at, nor can you speak for their personal stance of you looking at them lustfully like that. That makes you insensitive and a sicko, like many other men.

Honey, you have to move on. It's not healthy. Put away the binoculars -- accept we can never be and enjoy your life. You have your community college/physics/chemistry/martial arts classes to attend - you have your early graduation/local newspaper interview about how brilliant you are/chopping wood in the forest to prepare for and don't forget that fantastic opportunity you should be leaving for -- that one-in-a-million chance to study/do something in Australia? Oh -- and tennis and working out to do. So many, many things.

@minigunman123 said:

Also, I'm not worried about measuring up lol. If anything, I'm worried about intimidating other men.

There, there, little one. Put your worries to rest. Intimidating other men is not going to be a problem for you. Ever.

Goodbye! Goodbye!

Don't look back!

Go live your extraordinary life!

Be free! FREE!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lykopis

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@god_spawn said:

Bromance ?

HA! You found a pic! hehehehe

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@lykopis:<3

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By Decoy Elite

@lykopis: Yo, just putting this out there because I know I'll get called out if I don't, but ya need to take you're conversation with Mini to PMs as to not derail this thread.

Hopefully he'll be smart enough to reply to your comment in PMs, if at all.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Awrite!! Fitness nuts like me!! I've been working out on and off since about 07 and originally started with body weight exercises. (because I was weak as hell) Then moved to weights. Had an olympic bench on loan from a friend but once he and his wife moved, he took it with him. And lucky for me I work at a day spa inside of a luxury hotel and have access to the gym and pool whenever I want (long as i'm off shift) which is awesome!

And to get into the whole ''looking at guys thing" dudes hit on me all the time. Dosen't really bother me. I just feel i'm so damn hot even men take notice. lol. Plus I'm from Miami..kinda desensitized.