Weed- does it cause cancer?

• 152 results
Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have wondered if some of the websites that say weed causes cancer is true. I generally think no since that is what most people say when I bring up this question.

Basically what do yall think, I recently had a conversation with my uncle who works for the DEA and he was going crazy when I was talking to him about weed saying it was a cancer causing gateway drug. Knowing me, I was rather confused, did some googling and there are a fair amount of sites that support the idea that weed can increase and/or cause cancer. What do yall think?

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

LETS MAKE MARIJUANA ILLEGAL!!

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eisenfauste

It isn't good for the lungs, but from what I have seen it doesn't cause cancer. There may be studies out there I'll check.

The link here states that it can cause cancer linking carcinogen's, like in tobacco, to cannabis as well as stating that alternate parts of weed can disrupt the tumor suppressor p53.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: Its not illegal everywhere. Who says weed causes cancer ?

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Huh?

*smokes a bowl*

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Deathstroker
Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I can dig up a few of the articles I was reading if you want, though I'll have to do it tomarrow.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: what do you think? I hear people really push legalizing marijuana and they get so defensive when the risk of cancer is brought up, though I suppose I'd have cancer by now, but idk

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eisenfauste

@kgb725: Did I state it causes cancer, no? In the majority of states it is illegal. I don't count outliers, even though I am aware of them.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: what do you think? I hear people really push legalizing marijuana and they get so defensive when the risk of cancer is brought up, though I suppose I'd have cancer by now, but idk

I've never heard of a link between weed and cancer that's been substantiated by a single shred of solid evidence. And yeah, I'd have stage 4 ...death by now.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, marijauna can cause cancer. It also decreases the rate at which your brain functions. The US doesn't need anything making it's youth more ignorant and moronic. However, it's medical applications such as it's ability to alleviate the pain of chemotherapy and it's calming effect are somewhat useful.

Simple fact is, it's not perfect, it can cause lung cancer and it does decrease intellect but it's also less dangerous for you than: cigarettes, Vicadin, OxyContin, Oxycodone, Dilauded etc.. So it is what it is.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: I identify with neither the conservatives or liberal's both of them are too radical and irritating. Though I do share more ideal's with the conservative party.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope note, cuz I smoke a sawbuck amount every other day.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Deathstroker

@eisenfauste: That wasn't directed to you, but to the IDIOTS that are trying to LEGALIZE A DRUG!!!! BLAH BLAH!!! I'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU ABOUT JESUS!!! BLAH BLAH!

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, marijauna can cause cancer. It also decreases the rate at which your brain functions. The US doesn't need anything making it's youth more ignorant and moronic. However, it's medical applications such as it's ability to alleviate the pain of chemotherapy and it's calming effect are somewhat useful.

Simple fact is, it's not perfect, it can cause lung cancer and it does decrease intellect but it's also less dangerous for you than: cigarettes, Vicadin, OxyContin, Oxycodone, Dilauded etc.. So it is what it is.

Look everyone its a time traveller from the 1930's

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: perhaps you could link some articles so these people can review them, this sounds a lot like the stuff I was reading.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're smoking it then yes

If your vaporizing it then probably no

Also consider people who smoke cannabis are often smoking less than someone smoking cigarettes (physical amount and frequency)

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangetales: what is the difference between vaporizing and smoking it regular, like the health difference.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Eisenfauste

@The_Deathstroker:

I'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU ABOUT JESUS

*Starts stop watch* You have 2 hours and 59 minutes, begin.

Take that you hipster cow!

You can't touch this level of class.

No Caption Provided

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JakeN7

@supermanwithatan01 said:

It has absolutely no permanent affects on your intellect or intelligence. The risk of lung cancer is also minimal, as the smoke carries no toxins or any other chemicals harmful to the lungs (besides the smoke itself, obviously). You'd probably have a greater chance at getting lung cancer by walking around in LA's smog-infested air.

@strangetales said:

Also consider people who smoke cannabis are often smoking less than someone smoking cigarettes (physical amount and frequency)

Wait, what? They found a way to turn pot into water vapors now? O_O

@thatguywithheadphones said:

I hope note, cuz I smoke a sawbuck amount every other day.

QFT

@cuddlebear said:

Seriously, right?

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: anyone can google it. I'm on my cell.

@cuddlebear: facts are facts. You don't have to like it or even agree, that's the fun thing about facts. It doesn't gaf about what you think.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

Seriously, right?

I think this week on Getting Doug with High one of the "pot topics" (POT TOPIC!) was how some cancer society?institute? said that marijuana was in no way linked to cancer.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

It has absolutely no permanent affects on your intellect or intelligence. The risk of lung cancer is also minimal, as the smoke carries no toxins or any other chemicals harmful to the lungs (besides the smoke itself, obviously). You'd probably have a greater chance at getting lung cancer by walking around in LA's smog-infested air.

@strangetales said:

Oh man you got to try it, It puts you on you're f**king a** I don't care how experience you are Vapor takes a n**** out.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Eisenfauste
No Caption Provided

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

Seriously, right?

I think this week on Getting Doug with High one of the "pot topics" (POT TOPIC!) was how some cancer society?institute? said that marijuana was in no way linked to cancer.

That sounds like a very probable scenario.

Gawd, I love Doug Benson.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: Well its not like the op is asking if weed causes cancer

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: vapor isn't smoke and there for doesn't contain any of the carcinogens obviously burning and smoking a plant will.

12 plus year pot smoker

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JakeN7

@jaken7 said:

@strangetales said:

Oh man you got to try it, It puts you on you're f**king a** I don't care how experience you are Vapor takes a n**** out.

Seriously? Sheeeeeeeeeeet. I live in Seattle (LEGALIZED, YO!), and a new smoke shop just opened up nearby. They have a hookah room in the back where you can test out their pipes and bongs. It's all with water vapors. I figured the vapors were just there to give you something to smoke (they're not a dispensary), didn't realize it was basically practice for smoking actual pot-laced water vapors. They've been working on marijuana science so fuggin' hard.

@cuddlebear: facts are facts. You don't have to like it or even agree, that's the fun thing about facts. It doesn't gaf about what you think.

You have a loose definition of "facts."

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By strangetales

@jaken7: never heard of a vaporizer?

It's cool. Just got my medical card and I'm buying a vaporizer next. Finally.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't gaf(give a fact) what i think? If only you would give a fact(gaf)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: never heard of a vaporizer?

Not for pot. I almost exclusively use bongs now anyways. Every once in awhile I'll light up the ol' pipe, but that's on very rare occasions. I also rely on others to roll my joints (as I'm sh!t at it), so that one is only during social outings.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangetales: okay, how does this vapor get vapory? Does it require burning?

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: there's not an abundance of definitions of the word fact. Saying Marijauna doesn't or couldn't cause cancer is like saying Tanning doesn't cause skin cancer. You're literally inhaling something with effects that, since I nee to spell it out, under said influence actually decrease mental processing, into your lungs. Plenty of people smoke than don't get lung cancer, plenty of people tan that don't get melanoma, however implying it doesn't increase your chances is a joke and IMO moraly wrong to someone that genuinely wants to know about the possible hazards. I didn't say I'm against it, I'm for it, but I'm not pretending that it's as healthy for ya as spring water and has no ill effects when it factually isn't and does.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: You're a mommies boy you can't smoke weed!!!!

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By strangetales

@jaken7:

Ah. Well it heats up the bud but doesn't actually burn it its just enough to heat and boil the active chemicals THC to form a vapor.

EDIT: I really need to start double checking my spelling

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many hipsters in such a small area.

Must.... Kill.... All of them.....

*puts on gas mask*

*pushes button*

*gas starts pouring in*

Hehehe...

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: sorry didn't tag you but I explained how it works in my last post.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: You're a mommies boy you can't smoke weed!!!!

Yes but I'm also a daddie's boy, and it's his bong I'm smoking out of (quite a nice one I might add).

@jaken7:

Ah. Well it heats up the bud but doesn't actually burn it its just enough heat and boil the active chemicals THC to form a vapor.

That's incredibly interesting. I know I'd have to get used to it. Not having smoke come out would trip me up.

@jaken7: there's not an abundance of definitions of the word fact. Saying Marijauna doesn't or couldn't cause cancer is like saying Tanning doesn't cause skin cancer. You're literally inhaling something with effects that, since I nee to spell it out, under said influence actually decrease mental processing, into your lungs. Plenty of people smoke than don't get lung cancer, plenty of people tan that don't get melanoma, however implying it doesn't increase your chances is a joke and IMO moraly wrong to someone that genuinely wants to know about the possible hazards. I didn't say I'm against it, I'm for it, but I'm not pretending that it's as healthy for ya as spring water and has no ill effects when it factually isn't and does.

As I said above:

@jaken7 said:

The part about the smoke's toxicity (or lack thereof) is more in comparison to cigarette smoke, but still.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangetales: why would causing it to smoke be any different than burning it? Wouldn't the same effect occur?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JakeN7

So many hipsters in such a small area.

Must.... Kill.... All of them.....

*puts on gas mask*

*pushes button*

*gas starts pouring in*

Hehehe...

One of these gas masks?

No Caption Provided

Also, hipsters =/= hippies, silly child.

Darryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Darryl

I heard it can cure glacouema

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: so basically, it increases your chances but doesn't necessarily cause if?

There is no distinction here. Nothing has a 100% chance of causing cancer. Everything just "increases your chances". I mean, theoretically you could chain smoke 2 packs a day and go skinny dipping in radioactive sludge every morning and still not get cancer.