#1 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

If i could only get one,which would be right for me? I'm not a big fan of spider-man 2 (still have it for original xbox....hardly works)i really like shattered dimensions.I've been wanting to play a open world Spidey game on ps3 for a while now.I've heard both good and bad things about both games.Can anyone give me a completely objective view on both? Story?Open world fun? Voice acting? Gameplay? Any help would appreciated.

#2 Posted by JakeN7 (12738 posts) - - Show Bio

Story - They actually have very similar stories. Both deal with a rampant infection that's plaguing Manhattan

Open World - ASM is extremely fun. Haven't played WoS.

Voice Acting - ASM is great. Prominent voice actors and a Spidey who sounds like he should. WoS is awful but it does have Steve Blum's awesome Wolverine voice.

Gameplay - ASM is basically Arkham Asylum/City. Haven't played WoS

I had the same question a couple weeks ago. My thread should help: http://www.comicvine.com/spider-man/29-1443/which-spider-man-game-should-i-get/92-738629/#49

I would definitely go with Amazing Spider-Man. It's my favorite Spidey game and my 3rd favorite Super-Hero game overall.

#3 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

Story - They actually have very similar stories. Both deal with a rampant infection that's plaguing Manhattan

Open World - ASM is extremely fun. Haven't played WoS.

Voice Acting - ASM is great. Prominent voice actors and a Spidey who sounds like he should. WoS is awful but it does have Steve Blum's awesome Wolverine voice.

Gameplay - ASM is basically Arkham Asylum/City. Haven't played WoS

I had the same question a couple weeks ago. My thread should help: http://www.comicvine.com/spider-man/29-1443/which-spider-man-game-should-i-get/92-738629/#49

I would definitely go with Amazing Spider-Man. It's my favorite Spidey game and my 3rd favorite Super-Hero game overall.

Other two being?

#4 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperJedi17 said:

@JakeN7 said:

Story - They actually have very similar stories. Both deal with a rampant infection that's plaguing Manhattan

Open World - ASM is extremely fun. Haven't played WoS.

Voice Acting - ASM is great. Prominent voice actors and a Spidey who sounds like he should. WoS is awful but it does have Steve Blum's awesome Wolverine voice.

Gameplay - ASM is basically Arkham Asylum/City. Haven't played WoS

I had the same question a couple weeks ago. My thread should help: http://www.comicvine.com/spider-man/29-1443/which-spider-man-game-should-i-get/92-738629/#49

I would definitely go with Amazing Spider-Man. It's my favorite Spidey game and my 3rd favorite Super-Hero game overall.

Other two being?

Never Mind I saw your post.I posted on it in hopes of getting a good answer.

#5 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't played Amazing Spider-Man, though I highly doubt it's anything like Arkham City; I really enjoyed Web of Shadows however.

#6 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

I haven't played Amazing Spider-Man, though I highly doubt it's anything like Arkham City; I really enjoyed Web of Shadows however.

The general consensus is it kinda copies and pastes Arkham Cities combat and stealth.One attack button,a dodge button.They both looks cool but so far WOS has the lead with multiple endings,different attack styles by changing the suits,Venom,And a lower price tag overall.

#7 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm always a fan of time travel so WOS for me lol

#8 Posted by venomyak (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no time travel in web of shadows that is Edge of time.@Vaeternus:

#9 Posted by Nefarious (21271 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

#10 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomyak said:

There is no time travel in web of shadows that is Edge of time.@Vaeternus:

Opps lol thanks, got the wrong game confused haha.

#11 Posted by laflux (16810 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.
#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@Nefarious said:

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.
#13 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@laflux said:

@Nefarious said:

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

How's the voice acting? I've heard it's pretty bad,that peter sounds like he hasn't gone through puberty,but is there much to do just free roaming?Side missons? Random Crimes? How's the combat and unlocking system?

#14 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperJedi17 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@laflux said:

@Nefarious said:

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

How's the voice acting? I've heard it's pretty bad,that peter sounds like he hasn't gone through puberty,but is there much to do just free roaming?Side missons? Random Crimes? How's the combat and unlocking system?

The voice acting is terrible save for Venom.

The rest is great.

Play it.

#15 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@laflux said:

@Nefarious said:

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

How's the voice acting? I've heard it's pretty bad,that peter sounds like he hasn't gone through puberty,but is there much to do just free roaming?Side missons? Random Crimes? How's the combat and unlocking system?

The voice acting is terrible save for Venom.

The rest is great.

Play it.

Well are there side activities to do?Stopping crimes,side mission while swinging around new york? I'll probably end u getting it,but it'll be awhile,even at it's current price,It'll still be a few months till i think i can get anything.Thanks guys.