We don't see the strongest Black Heroes in Marvel or Dc often!

• 166 results
evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By evilvegeta74

I not trying to rock the boat or wrinkle the comic book page, but hardly get to see the strongest black heroes in major storylines. The black heroes have it hard in comics period. When was the last time we saw Icon (Dc comics) in a major storyline, yeah shockingly enough he been introduced on young justice,Whats going on in the comics though? I mean this guy only stood toe to toe with the beloved Kryptonian (Superman). Marvel Comics introduced a character a few years ago called the Blue Marvel who not only knocked the Sentry into orbit, but defeated King Hyperion, the killer of heroes from multiple worlds within a short time. Does anyone believe that these guys deserve some airtime? Blue Marvel had a page or two in the fear series, that was disrespectful to the character, I think it woul have been better to not mention him. Black heroes have a hard time in comics. one of the main reasons John Stewart has been accepted was due to the Justice League tv show and Justice League Unlimited. Then we have Cyborg who was on the Teen Titans show (The guy who did Cyborgs Voice on Teen titans Dad, is my kids Doctor) put him in the mainstream, even though he's been in comics a long time. Luke Cage just started getting his due as well as the Black Panther, 10 years ago nobody or should I say a small percentile care about those characters. Basically all I'm saying is that you have two extremely powerful black characters in Icon and Blue Marvel, so why not unleash them in comics. Reminder we all love comics and this not being said to racially motivate anyone her to lean toward negative statements, but to realize that we are living in a new age!!

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Inverno
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Don't forget the mighty Falcon and his ever impressive bird telepathy

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SyIar

Cry me a river. There are many.. MANY other races out there that aren't even given the time of day. Sheesh.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@SyIar said:

Cry me a river. There are many.. MANY other races out there that aren't even given the time of day. Sheesh.

This is the truth.

IMO Blue Marvel was the strongest that Marvel had to offer and he might not ever be seen or heard from again.

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By hydrabob--defunct

If you really cared about this then you'd know the guys name was Blue Marvel not Black Marvel. Stop trying to stir a racial fight.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By kidchipotle

@hydrabob said:

If you really cared about this then you'd know the guys name was Blue Marvel not Black Marvel. Stop trying to stir a racial fight.

QFT, my friend

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Static Shock

@evilvegeta74 said:

Marvel Comics introduced a character a few years ago called the Black Marvel who not only knocked the Sentry into orbit, but defeated King Hyperion, the killer of heroes from multiple worlds within a short time. Does anyone believe that these guys deserve some airtime? Black Marvel had a page or two in the fear series, that was disrespectful to the character, I think it woul have been better to not mention him.

Blue Marvel.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Blue Marvel was great. Wasn't there talk of bringing him onto an Avengers roster somehow?

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Enemybird

why is it that on blue marvels wiki... it says he is a African American? as if that matters?

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VictorGrey

What about Black Adam?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@VictorGrey said:

What about Black Adam?

I don't think he's black.

@Illuminatus said:
Blue Marvel was great. Wasn't there talk of bringing him onto an Avengers roster somehow?
I thought Quesada or maybe Bendis said he would NEVER be an Avenger. 
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By EdwardWindsor

what about ultimate nic fury?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock

@VictorGrey said:

What about Black Adam?

Ha!

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Vance Astro said: 
@Illuminatus said:
I thought Quesada or maybe Bendis said he would NEVER be an Avenger. 
Ever give a reasoning? 

@VictorGrey said:

What about Black Adam?

Teth is of Middle-Eastern descent. Black Adam is just a name.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By PowerHerc

@hydrabob said:

This!

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nickthedevil

What Herc Said!

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#18  Edited By AssertingValor

hmmmmmm huuuuuuh..............

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Afro_Warrior

What Nick said about Herc saying in regard to bob's original statement.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SoA

i miss Icon and rocket lol, falcon sucks ...

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By evilvegeta74

@CaioTrubat: Luke is also the Leader of the New Avengers but he's been struggling to get in the lime light since the 70's, everyone knew about the black guy with the yellow butterfly collared shirt and afro,who partnered with a martial artist in a green and yellow suit (Mr.Rand aka Iron Fist) but it took like almost 30 yrs for people to say I like Luke!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By evilvegeta74

@PowerHerc: Not trying to start a racial fight which you I clearly stated cool Herc in the opening of this thread, so don't make the assumption unless there's something you need to address with yourself, and yeah I bothched the name,but I corrected it ! Thanks for pointing that out. About the wrong name thing, I just strarted mentally drifting due to the fact that a lot of the black heroes have went by Black this or Black that such as Black Panther, Black Lightening, Black Vulcan,Black Crayon (lol)...etc, you know what I mean! It's ridiculous, Ijust would like to see Icon give Darkseid a few shiners every now in then, Or the Bue marvel crush Dr. Doom's armor like a beer can every one and a blue instead of every half a decade!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#23  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Enemybird said:

why is it that on blue marvels wiki... it says he is a African American? as if that matters?

Because his origin was that he was a hero forced to retire because he was black, the sentence says "an African American that was forced to retire during the civil rights movement" its relevant

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By evilvegeta74

@nickthedevil: You should read the comment to Herc, It's also for you. In case if you miss out this isn't about starting a racial debate, I don't feed in to such petty things, and if you read the opening statement you would know this!

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25  Edited By The_Martian

Luke Cage has been in a starring role on the New Avengers since they formed after Dissassembled. Let's not forget Black Panther who not only had his own TV show, but also starts in his own book. Blade has had his own trilogy of movies and has an animated series.

Cyborg is now a founding member of the Justice League. Icon and Rocket both appear regularly on the Young Justice cartoon as does Aqualad who is the team leader. John Stewart was a main character on the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited cartoon series.

If anyone should complain about not getting error time it should be East Indians. I can't think of a single superhero that is East Indian. I can think of a few that are Hispanic, Asian, or even Native America.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Nobody said:

Luke Cage has been in a starring role on the New Avengers since they formed after Dissassembled. Let's not forget Black Panther who not only had his own TV show, but also starts in his own book. Blade has had his own trilogy of movies and has an animated series.

Cyborg is now a founding member of the Justice League. Icon and Rocket both appear regularly on the Young Justice cartoon as does Aqualad who is the team leader. John Stewart was a main character on the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited cartoon series.

If anyone should complain about not getting error time it should be East Indians. I can't think of a single superhero that is East Indian. I can think of a few that are Hispanic, Asian, or even Native America.

I don't understand why the fact that there are very little of other minorities in comics people think that nobody else that is under-represented gets to complain.Black superheroes are making just a little impact on comics as characters of other minority groups.
jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jeanlucpicard

@hydrabob said:

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Martian

@Vance Astro: Marvel and DC's established characters are white, it had to do with the time period that most of them were created. They have made attempt to make black characters and occasionally other minorities more popular in recent years as I mentioned above, but they aren't going to stop using their top-selling characters that are already established to make everyone feel better. I guess I just don't understand complaining about it when they are making attempts. I guess that would be like me going, "Why don't they make Batman a lonely overweight white guy who makes minimum wage?" I could relate to that, but it's not going to happen.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nickthedevil

Well if i may be so bold, (and don't attack me) but when Marvel and DC really started making an impact with Superheroes, lets be honest, minorities barely had Civil rights. This was before MLK and Malcom X or any big impact had been laid down by an activist.

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HumanNumber

Would you rather have minority characters just for the sake of having them? The way i see it, if people stop complaining and just let the writers do as they please more minority characters will slowly gain spotlights.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Nobody said:

@Vance Astro: Marvel and DC's established characters are white, it had to do with the time period that most of them were created. They have made attempt to make black characters and occasionally other minorities more popular in recent years as I mentioned above, but they aren't going to stop using their top-selling characters that are already established to make everyone feel better. I guess I just don't understand complaining about it when they are making attempts. I guess that would be like me going, "Why don't they make Batman a lonely overweight white guy who makes minimum wage?" I could relate to that, but it's not going to happen.

Marvel and DC could do more to sell their black characters and they don't.That's why people feel then need to complain.It wouldn't be anything like you asking why don't they make Batman a lonely overweight white guy who makes minimum wage, because Marvel already has good black heroes they just don't push them as hard as they push white male characters.Nobody is asking Marvel to stop using their already established characters to make everyone feel better but they could at least do something with their black heroes that actually matters.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@HumanNumber said:

The way i see it, if people stop complaining and just let the writers do as they please more minority characters will slowly gain spotlights.

It doesn't matter whether people complain or they don't because Marvel doesn't make decisions on the complaining of people on a forum.If that were the case, Bendis,Matt Fraction,Rob Liefeld,Jeph Loeb,Frank Miller,and a host of other writers and artists wouldn't have jobs any more.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Martian

@Vance Astro: I just don't see it that way. I'm not going to tell you your opinion is wrong, just don't understand it I guess.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By PowerHerc

@evilvegeta74 said:

@PowerHerc: Not trying to start a racial fight which you I clearly stated cool Herc in the opening of this thread, so don't make the assumption unless there's something you need to address with yourself, and yeah I bothched the name,but I corrected it ! Thanks for pointing that out. About the wrong name thing, I just strarted mentally drifting due to the fact that a lot of the black heroes have went by Black this or Black that such as Black Panther, Black Lightening, Black Vulcan,Black Crayon (lol)...etc, you know what I mean! It's ridiculous, Ijust would like to see Icon give Darkseid a few shiners every now in then, Or the Bue marvel crush Dr. Doom's armor like a beer can every one and a blue instead of every half a decade!

Nothing wrong with me (why so sensitive?), just not into racial fights which end up happening a lot around here.

This thread could be construed as another attempt to start one whether you meant to or not.

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HumanNumber

@Vance Astro said:

@HumanNumber said:

The way i see it, if people stop complaining and just let the writers do as they please more minority characters will slowly gain spotlights.

It doesn't matter whether people complain or they don't because Marvel doesn't make decisions on the complaining of people on a forum.If that were the case, Bendis,Matt Fraction,Rob Liefeld,Jeph Loeb,Frank Miller,and a host of other writers and artists wouldn't have jobs any more.

Well i wasn't really talking just about forums, i meant more general such as articles and opinion pieces.

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#36  Edited By BurningDoom1

There's a few that I like:

• Blade
  • Deathlok
  • Spawn
  • Tombstone (isn't he ethnically black, even though his powers make him white in appearance?)

But there just aren't a lot of interesting black characters in Marvel and DC Comics in comparison to other characters, IMO.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By utotheg38

Comic writers don't care about black people

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By moywar700

I think things have gotten better. Nick fury was in the avengers, storm is a lead character in the X-Men, and There is a chance Nick Fury will get on of his own movie.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Rumble Man

@evilvegeta74: Uhh Dude , a Black Spectre?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By majestic99

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@hydrabob said:

QFT, my friend

@SoA said:

i miss Icon and rocket lol, falcon sucks ...

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Primmaster64
@Static Shock said:

@VictorGrey said:

What about Black Adam?

Ha!

No Caption Provided
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Static Shock

@Primmaster64: LMFAO.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Primmaster64
@Static Shock: XD LOL I saw that I I died of laughter.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Static Shock

Anyway, if the lack of strong or interesting Black superheroes in Marvel or DC is a problem, there's nothing stop one from creating their own comic book universe with interesting Black superheroes in it. Solving the problem is better than complaining over it.

/end thread.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By CODYSF

@SyIar said:

This!!!!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#46  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I believe Blue Marvel has the potential to become one of Marvel's top heroes, even daring to say up there with Captain America, Spider-Man, and Iron Man. I also believe he deserves if not an ongoing series at least another mini-series. And he should become an Avenger.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Static Shock said:

there's nothing stop one from creating their own comic book universe with interesting Black superheroes in it. Solving the problem is better than complaining over it.

YES THERE IS...LMFAO! 
CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CODYSF

@Primmaster64:

OMG that was so funny.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@HumanNumber said:

Well i wasn't really talking just about forums, i meant more general such as articles and opinion pieces.

That wouldn't have changed my post.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock

@Vance Astro said:

YES THERE IS...LMFAO!

Which is?