Watchdogs 2 discussion

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I heard wait that's wrong. We heard that watchdogs 2 is in planned. The game got a lot of mixed views from gamers and critics alike. Some people like it , some people don't. Personally I thought I was descent but could been better. It's like gta 3 , it was good but could been a lot good. And it first of it own. So this is a discussion where you can talk about the first and what 2nd game going to be.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Dextersinister

I thought it was very boring, I really struggled to get into it and regretted buying it.

probably only got it because there was a major dry spell of things I wanted at the time, over halkf a year after that before I even played another game.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Despite being *insanely* hyped for this game, I was lucky enough not to be able to buy it and instead borrowed a copy from a friend. The problem with it is that it is insanely bland and brought nothing new to the table. Chicago was a carbon copy of any generic AC world. At a certain point I started to hate Aiden and wonder why his sister wasn't the protagonist.

Hopefully, WD2 will have a deeper world and kill off Aiden in the prologue.

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well widen okay but he still needs more character development. How ever since the game has only 2 gangs playing the major villian role they should have like minor gangs. I looked in the trivia section of black viceroy and they don't put what irl gang they are based off. I assumed they are based off the vice lords but in the mission where bed bug is guided by Aiden Pearce to the freezer room with computers really based off the Cabrini green gangster disciples turf. they should have made more than just two gangs in watchdogs they could have based it off real life ones in Chicago other then the south club and black viceroy.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

I was on board the hype train with watchdogs, so just like everyone else who was im not expecting much from a sequel. The story was meh, aiden was boring, and the gameplay wasn't bad. The hacking element was cool but not anything like what they showcased or how they made it seem.

I'm just pretty mad at ubisoft in general atm, unity and watchdogs haven't put me in the best mood.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're trying to tie it in with Assassin's Creed. Like.. eff off.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zaied

Watch Dogs just got shown too early. The 2012 reveal had an entirely different tone and premise that wasn't really present in the final game. Even Aiden came across as a lot more unique than he ended up being. It also didn't give the impression that it would stick so heavily to Ubisoft's tired formula we see in AC and Far Cry. It clearly went through some drastic changes visually and aesthetically, and Ubisoft shouldn't have flashed it around as the next big thing so soon.

Watch Dogs ended up being a decent game, but could've been loads better. I think the concept is good enough for Ubi to bounce back with an amazing sequel, and part of that comes with them finally moving on from the last gen systems.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It wasn't a bad game, It was just disappointingly average for what people hyped it up to be. I don't think it was worth 60$, but somewhere around the 30-40$ range.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Watchdogs 1 was sh!t. The only good thing was a certain character who got killed off, so whatevs.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like the game.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae: I respect your opinion. Sometimes mixed opinions from people sometimes happens if games ,movies ,etc were not like how people thought it would be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too was hyped up for part 1, but never got it or played it. And thank God I didn't. I heard it sucked major ass. Hopefully part 2 delivers, but it won't be a day one buy. I'll wait for the reviews.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bruxae: I respect your opinion. Sometimes mixed opinions from people sometimes happens if games ,movies ,etc were not like how people thought it would be.

They just put way to much emphasis on the hacking which left the characters (especially Aiden) very shallow and so was the story in general, ridiculously persistant cops to the point where it spoils the game because you have to spent forever getting rid of them every time you finish a mission or do a small mistake, and the customization was just silly - it was like 25 different out fits and all was just recolorings of the original one, no other customization. But at least the character I spoke of was cool, and I admit I had a couple of laughs hacking into peoples home cameras.

So for Watchdogs 2, I really hope they switch their focus over to story and and character development before anything.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By EyeDCyou

I really liked it, but it felt like Assassins Creed 1. It was a skeleton of something great, but now that skeleton needs to be added on to. I think the second entry could be great.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Its a good game, but it got advertised as more than it was and couldn't match the expectations.

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'm the only one who loved watch dogs.