Washington Wants To Impose A 95% Tax On e-Cigs

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The governor of Washington State wants to impose 95% sales tax on e-Cigarettes and e-Cig products (i.e. e-juice, e-cig parts, etc.)

Here is the article:

E-cigarette shops unhappy with 95% vapor tax proposal

and here is another commentary: Here

Thoughts?

Personally, I think it is pretty outrageous myself. The sales tax for regular cigarettes isn't even close to 95%. This will destroy most vapor stores in the state, since most are independent small businesses. This is also a product that has helped countless people quit smoking and is far less harmful than regular cigarettes (the current research shows this).

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

The government can't have people quit smoking. That decreases the revenue from cigarette taxes.

We need a flat tax. No special classes. No special kickbacks. The rich pay more and the poor pay less, but everybody contributes evenly according to their abilities.

s1ckb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sucks to be them. everyone knows the government will try to find a way to tax anything. the tobacco companies and their lobbyist are the problem bro.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I always thought high taxes against cigarettes were to deter people from picking up and/or from continuing the habit. Things sure are different here in Canada.