• 401 results
  • 1
  • ...
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • ...
  • 9
#201 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@theacidskull said:

i simply refuse to believe this.

Why. Because it would mean you have fathered multiple children?

They Day i french kiss a girl is the day the world will come to an end

@theacidskull:

Want me to take a photo of it?

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NEIN! NADA! NEVER! DON'T EVEN DARE!

#202 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I heard Hulk has an STD called gammaria the thunderclap. Must have gotten it from Red She-Hulk.

I VOUCH FOR YOU MAN! ALL THE F*CKING TIME! AND DIS WHAT YOU DO TO ME?!!!!! GRAAAAAAAAAAA!

#203 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@laflux: I heard Hulk has an STD called gammaria the thunderclap. Must have gotten it from Red She-Hulk.

I VOUCH FOR YOU MAN! ALL THE F*CKING TIME! AND DIS WHAT YOU DO TO ME?!!!!! GRAAAAAAAAAAA!

I also hear that when your body gets bigger you also get smaller.

#204 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@god_spawn said:

@laflux: I heard Hulk has an STD called gammaria the thunderclap. Must have gotten it from Red She-Hulk.

I VOUCH FOR YOU MAN! ALL THE F*CKING TIME! AND DIS WHAT YOU DO TO ME?!!!!! GRAAAAAAAAAAA!

I also hear that when your body gets bigger you also get smaller.

-_________-

#205 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio
#206 Posted by RazzaTazz (9494 posts) - - Show Bio

@xaos said:

@razzatazz said:

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

Sorry Razzatazz but that's the worst advice ever.

Better to be happy alone than unhappy with someone you force yourself to love. (Admitting you can do that anyway. )

I stayed virgin untill my 19th years, today I'm married and got two kids. For a long time, I wanted to be laid, when it happen, it was nice and all, but I figured it wasn't worth all the drama and angst I putted in when I was a teen.

But as Razzatazz said, you can't base a relationship around sex, and I tend to think that as every people got a pain tolerance, every people can't get the same pleasure in life, and some of us aren't equal before the sexual pleasure.

I actually wasn't being serious as I answered the question from two alternate viewpoints. The above advice is actually a lyric from a song.

Moderator
#207 Edited by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

yes im a virgin but i bet i can bench,squat and dead lift 5 times what any of you fools bragging about sex can.

#208 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

yes im a virgin but i bet i can bench,squat and dead lift 5 times what any of you fools bragging about sex can.

? ? ?

Nobody is judging you OR saying that being a virgin is a bad thing, why are you turning this into a competition?

#209 Edited by akbogert (3202 posts) - - Show Bio

I... definitely expected this thread to be worse than it is. With the rare exception, there was very little virgin-bashing going on here. I'd say that's atypical; While I've never felt "pressured" to be having sex (as someone said, that's more a matter of personal conviction than anything else), I've definitely been ridiculed and ostracized for not having sex.

My views on sex are (no surprise to anyone who knows me) rooted in traditional Christian understandings; the reason I'm still a virgin at almost 24 is because I'm not married. I'm neither ashamed of that nor do I wear it as some sort of badge of honor or superiority. I appreciate the non-ethical reasons people have shared for not having sex, as well. Naturally I share many of those reasons, even if they are not my primary reason.

Side note: @lykopis and @fuchsia_nightingale made me laugh out loud with the rock (orgy) thing, and @pyrogram posted the best abandon thread .gif I have ever seen.

(side note: the prevalence of the "friend zoned" frustration here is a little worrying. My ability to respect that phrase has been quickly eroding as of late...I finally understand why so many people take offense to it)

#210 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

yes im a virgin but i bet i can bench,squat and dead lift 5 times what any of you fools bragging about sex can.

LMFAO

#211 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
#212 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio
#213 Posted by akbogert (3202 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: I don't think it fully hit home until I watched Prometheus just how rapey that whole franchise is (in my defense, I've only seen the first movie and AvP, and snippets of the others -- otherwise I'm sure that would have struck me sooner). Honestly, it's a bit uncomfortably voyeuristic.

#214 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@innervenom123: I don't think it fully hit home until I watched Prometheus just how rapey that whole franchise is (in my defense, I've only seen the first movie and AvP, and snippets of the others -- otherwise I'm sure that would have struck me sooner). Honestly, it's a bit uncomfortably voyeuristic.

... Dude, really? The entire first movie is about rape and sex in general.

The alien ship's entrance is a vagina. There are eggs inside.

The alien itself as a chestburster is a penis with teeth.

Ash is a penis filled with semen (... yeah that's not milk-blood) that tries to kill Ripley by shoving a phallic object in her mouth.

The alien literally rapes Lambert. (When Ripley finds her, she is hanging and barefoot, blood dripping down her legs. This is also confirmed by the writer if you look it up.)

#215 Edited by akbogert (3202 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: I guess I just didn't have the proper mindset for it the first time I saw it, and it's been a long time since I've seen it. I'll admit that it sounds rather obvious in retrospect.

#216 Posted by laflux (14346 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:


i simply refuse to believe this.

Why. Because it would mean you have fathered multiple children?

They Day i french kiss a girl is the day the world will come to an end

The world has ended. Your the only hero left in a world which is filled with mutated cockroaches that constantly try to eat you live, everyone else has been destroyed by countless thermonuclear warheads. We are only figments of your imagination. Why else would @lykopis declare herself as a sentient rock? (yes lyko, I'm going there, and I'm ready for round two-bring it)

All of this, all of this because of that one kiss............................................

#217 Posted by logy5000 (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

I have my virginity because I'm only 16. I do a pretty good job with the ladies if I do say so myself, but I'm not ruled by my hormones.

#218 Posted by logy5000 (5655 posts) - - Show Bio
#219 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@theacidskull said:

@laflux said:

i simply refuse to believe this.

Why. Because it would mean you have fathered multiple children?

They Day i french kiss a girl is the day the world will come to an end

The world has ended. Your the only hero left in a world which is filled with mutated cockroaches that constantly try to eat you live, everyone else has been destroyed by countless thermonuclear warheads. We are only figments of your imagination. Why else would @lykopis declare herself as a sentient rock? (yes lyko, I'm going there, and I'm ready for round two-bring it)

All of this, all of this because of that one kiss............................................

All OF This WILL never happen, or at least it won't anytime soon, SO HA! wait....

@logy5000 said:

Looks like @theacidskull is having more fun in this....

NO! NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

#220 Edited by Pyrogram (35149 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@innervenom123: I guess I just didn't have the proper mindset for it the first time I saw it, and it's been a long time since I've seen it. I'll admit that it sounds rather obvious in retrospect.

Clearly :P

#221 Edited by logy5000 (5655 posts) - - Show Bio
#222 Edited by Xaos (290 posts) - - Show Bio

@xaos said:

@razzatazz said:

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

Sorry Razzatazz but that's the worst advice ever.

Better to be happy alone than unhappy with someone you force yourself to love. (Admitting you can do that anyway. )

I stayed virgin untill my 19th years, today I'm married and got two kids. For a long time, I wanted to be laid, when it happen, it was nice and all, but I figured it wasn't worth all the drama and angst I putted in when I was a teen.

But as Razzatazz said, you can't base a relationship around sex, and I tend to think that as every people got a pain tolerance, every people can't get the same pleasure in life, and some of us aren't equal before the sexual pleasure.

I actually wasn't being serious as I answered the question from two alternate viewpoints. The above advice is actually a lyric from a song.

Oops ! Sorry ! My bad !

You guessed I didn't recognized the lyrics.

#223 Edited by RazzaTazz (9494 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

I... definitely expected this thread to be worse than it is. With the rare exception, there was very little virgin-bashing going on here. I'd say that's atypical; While I've never felt "pressured" to be having sex (as someone said, that's more a matter of personal conviction than anything else), I've definitely been ridiculed and ostracized for not having sex.

My views on sex are (no surprise to anyone who knows me) rooted in traditional Christian understandings; the reason I'm still a virgin at almost 24 is because I'm not married. I'm neither ashamed of that nor do I wear it as some sort of badge of honor or superiority. I appreciate the non-ethical reasons people have shared for not having sex, as well. Naturally I share many of those reasons, even if they are not my primary reason.

Side note: @lykopis and @fuchsia_nightingale made me laugh out loud with the rock (orgy) thing, and @pyrogram posted the best abandon thread .gif I have ever seen.

(side note: the prevalence of the "friend zoned" frustration here is a little worrying. My ability to respect that phrase has been quickly eroding as of late...I finally understand why so many people take offense to it)

Don't you feel as though this is somewhat anachronistic. When the Bible was written what was the average age for marriage? 15? Younger for women probably? I think this model from the Bible doesn't apply so easily to modern life.

Moderator
#224 Posted by akbogert (3202 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz: "Don't you feel as though this is somewhat anachronistic."

Nope. Nor do hundreds of millions of other people, though, so I guess I'll just leave that there.

#225 Edited by RazzaTazz (9494 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: You didn't answer the question and you know that! I wasn't questioning the whole Bible, just the no sex before marriage part.

Moderator
#226 Edited by Xaos (290 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert:

You know, most of the time for many guys, "friendzone" is more and more a diplomatic translation to : "Thank you but you're ugly/dumb/not jerkass enough for me."

It's ofent worse for a guy because many of us can' just sit on their feelings and make as if it doesn't exist. "Friendzone" often mean that you tried to make things softly and that you cared enough to be a friend but not enough to care about your deeper feelings. To many men, at first, sex and feelings are coming hands in hands. So friendzone mean that you will be forever in sight of what you want but never grab it. (Sorry for the puns.)

More than that, I've often saw, firsthand as well as secondhand, girl dissmissed other guy only because they wanted the self arrogant jerk king of the place that doesn't give a crap about her except to bed her. The worst, is when the girl come back, heartbroken (or worse) telling you that all guys are crap. (Including you ???)

Sure, it's surely the rage that's talking, but hey, it's frustrating at all level nonetheless.

#227 Edited by akbogert (3202 posts) - - Show Bio

@xaos: There's not a terribly good way to put this, but suffice to say it doesn't matter how you personally interpret it; the overwhelming cultural understanding of the word is not the way you just described it. When I, and many other people, see "friend zone," it reads as "I put my coins in the machine and it ate my money without giving me what I wanted." It implies a "put kindness/good attitude/attention in, get sex out" view of women. It entirely focuses on what the male wants out of the relationship without accounting for the equal importance of what the female wants -- and suggests that a girl who doesn't view her guy friend in a sexually desirous way is somehow "wrong" for it.

#228 Posted by Pyrogram (35149 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: You didn't answer the question and you know that! I wasn't questioning the whole Bible, just the no sex before marriage part.

She has a point Ako. She has a point.

#229 Edited by RazzaTazz (9494 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: I don't really agree with this, it is a narrow minded viewpoint regardless of the religion involved. The Bible is absolutely incapable of being applied to the modern day in a lot of ways. So take for instance this case, that men that don't have sex (including virgins) purchase more pornography. Would the all-seeing God determine that pre-marital sex is actually worse than the exploitation of women into the sex industry. This is a case of doctrine becoming infallible and inflexible dogma even though it simply reflected the opinions of culture at the time.

Sorry for the bold, that was unintentional.

Moderator
#230 Posted by DeathSamurai (537 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew sex questions on a comic book website would be weird as hell.....

#231 Edited by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

No, because I am awesome. But being a virgin sucked. To all the virgins seeing people say sex is overrated: don't listen, it is not, it is freaking awesome.

Ladies and gentlemen: Joygirl.

#232 Posted by akbogert (3202 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: She does: She says I didn't answer the question (though I responded via PM, because I try not to blatantly ignore people if I can help it). However I'd note that the entire line of conversation that would proceed from answering that question has nothing to do with the point of this thread, and would be entirely off-topic (nevermind pointless). Why a moderator feels compelled to derail a topic, and why I, specifically, am being called out for my response when I'm not even the first person to have said "I have traditional views," is beyond me, but suffice to say I am quite content to go on not addressing the particulars of my religion in a thread which has nothing to do with religion (see also: why I avoid religion-themed threads).

#233 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY WON'T THIS THREAD DIE!

#234 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz: you're being a bit random here, calling out a user who you've had previous arguments with. You seem compelled to attempt to show superiority to users who have pointed out your mistakes before in other threads. Not the first time you have singled out users. Seems to me this is not how a moderator should behave.

But seeing as i'm derailing the topic myself, let's go back on topic. The way i view it is if you're not ready to face the consequences that sex might lead to parenthood, you're not ready yet. Yes, you can be on birth control, wear a condom (and you should) but pregnancy can still happen.

#235 Edited by Reignmaker (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

I might get laid in college, anything can happen after all lol.

Your odds will definitely improve there, yes.

#236 Edited by Lvenger (18496 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

WHY WON'T THIS THREAD DIE!

You cannot kill that which has no life :P

#237 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull said:

WHY WON'T THIS THREAD DIE!

You cannot kill that which has no life :P

JUST WATCH ME!

#238 Edited by Pyrogram (35149 posts) - - Show Bio
#239 Posted by RazzaTazz (9494 posts) - - Show Bio

@aiden_cross: @akbogert: I think if we are discussing virginity that a recognizable portion of the people who are virgins are those that are saving themselves for marriage. I can personally see some of the virtue in that, having had premarital sex with other partners than my husband, I don't feel as those experiences were extremely necessary for me. However, I was not trying to derail anything, I was trying to get a discussion going about this aspect of the discussion. AKB felt the need to broadcast his own views, yet when I want to talk about them he refused? That is not a discussion, it is proselytization. If you do not want to discuss them that is fine. I was asking a question based on academic merit, not trying to argue the Bible away from existence.

As to why I addressed it, it is because it happened to be on a page where I had an @reply and it caught my eye. If you feel as though I am targeting you specifically, then you are quite wrong, but if any attempt of my own to engage in discussion results in people telling me how I need to act as a moderator, then I will just go back to editing the wiki or something.

Moderator
#240 Edited by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio
#241 Posted by Pyrogram (35149 posts) - - Show Bio

But seeing as i'm derailing the topic myself, let's go back on topic. The way i view it is if you're not ready to face the consequences that sex might lead to parenthood, you're not ready yet. Yes, you can be on birth control, wear a condom (and you should) but pregnancy can still happen.

I disagree, Birth control, if used properly will prevent, let alone the morning after pill...but that is a whole new ball game, and thread.

#242 Posted by RazzaTazz (9494 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#243 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

No, because I am awesome. But being a virgin sucked. To all the virgins seeing people say sex is overrated: don't listen, it is not, it is freaking awesome.

Seconded, the people who think it's overrated must have just not yet had good sex yet.

#244 Posted by Pyrogram (35149 posts) - - Show Bio
#245 Edited by Reignmaker (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

Simply going boom boom and done, won't cut it for either party.


Yes it will.
#246 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: true. But there are people who say they use birth control and not really use it. Hence, there always being a risk of someone getting pregnant. :)

@razzatazz: yup.

#247 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio
#248 Edited by Pyrogram (35149 posts) - - Show Bio
#249 Posted by laflux (14346 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, that's cold- even by our standards D:

#250 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing all the virgins need to be told is this, your first time is going to be awkward and weird regardless of when or where or how it happened. Sex like everything else worth doing in this world requires practice to be good at. Regardless of how special you want to make it its going to be something you've never done before and you're not going to know exactly what you're doing so don't freak out if it doesn't go well.

Again seconded.