• 55 results
#51 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4861 posts) - - Show Bio

Why have multiple account, just follow the rules and leave at that. If you break the rules, deal with it. There's no need to play games, I say, and do harsh things all the time, but I'm prepared to deal with what could possibly come behind that. This doesn't mean that I should use extreme profanity , get banned and rely on another account. That's not being real. it's childish, I will say what's on my mind , because I'm real, and except the outcome.

Having an alt doesn't necessarily have anything to do with ban-dodging, as has been pointed out.

#52 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4672 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

Why have multiple account, just follow the rules and leave at that. If you break the rules, deal with it. There's no need to play games, I say, and do harsh things all the time, but I'm prepared to deal with what could possibly come behind that. This doesn't mean that I should use extreme profanity , get banned and rely on another account. That's not being real. it's childish, I will say what's on my mind , because I'm real, and except the outcome.

Having an alt doesn't necessarily have anything to do with ban-dodging, as has been pointed out.

I understand, but wouldn't go that route!

#53 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (19380 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Edited by BumpyBoo (12713 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I made one to test things in the Battles Forum and omigod, that was a lot of fun. Don't really use it anymore -- pretty much most people knew it was me, anyway. My interactions and the way I communicate is pretty much the same and when I made it, I had no idea what an alt was - not in the sense the term is used on here.

Seriously though -- outside of people having alts for RPG and miscellaneous whatnot, having an alt for the express purpose of interacting with other Viners as another person entirely is creepy. I've discovered a few (I am talking about people who have purposely set out to interact with me in PMs, etc) and it's made me a tad wary of new people I come across. Not dramatically so -- I love getting to know people etc, but come on now -- what is the point of pretending to be someone I don't already know? Why do it in PMs? I don't get it -- seriously.

The thing is, this kind of deception doesn't last for too long with me -- something always gives a person away. At present I am embarrassed for a few who still continue to interact with me as though I am not aware of who they are. I haven't called them out on it, it's gotten to the point where it's just too awkward.

:/

That is so creepy O_O

#55 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11572 posts) - - Show Bio

I have Dissociative identity disorder.