• 54 results
#1 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

I for one only have one account. I have heard that some of you have several alternate accounts. Why I don't know. Maybe so you can pretend to be someone else I suppose.

So answer this please:

Why do you or others do that?

How many alternate accounts do you or others you know have?

Just curious...

#2 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21832 posts) - - Show Bio

I just have one alt. For personal reasons, I'd like to ditch my current one account and use this one from now on.

#3 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

RPG?

#4 Edited by Pyrogram (36395 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15: @lorbo:

Yes.

For the RPG section. Some people have over 50+

It helps visualize characters.

#5 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

RPG, and I've got 50-60

#6 Posted by joewell (6293 posts) - - Show Bio

I have one other which i have in case I get banned/my account gets messed up or when i want to ask/do something noobish or embarrassing

And that account is I NEVER TELL, WAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#7 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4701 posts) - - Show Bio

I have one account. I'm so lame.

#8 Posted by Pyrogram (36395 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Delphic (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

Around four. I have my main, one that disappeared, an old one that I abandoned, and another that I wanted to use for RP, but never really did anything with.

#10 Edited by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

I have about 15 i reckon i used for rp-ing. Now only using this one :)

#11 Posted by Walzo (4355 posts) - - Show Bio

Paddy's demands it.

#12 Edited by _Cain_ (23666 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

@ellie_knightfall said:

RPG, and I've got 50-60

That is some serious RPGness.

Icarusflies has over a hundred, and Sha/Z has two or three hundred dude lol

#13 Posted by Pyrogram (36395 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by TDK_1997 (14684 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was doing RPG I had only one.I was lazy and wasn't in the mood for making alts.

#15 Posted by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

Only got this one. Figured having two of me would be too much for comicvine to take!

#16 Edited by Izaiah (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

Between 200-300. Some were made for RPGing purposes (including NPCs of mine), whereas others were mostly for fun.

#17 Edited by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a few accounts from my RPG days. I only use this one currently.

#18 Posted by BumpyBoo (8467 posts) - - Show Bio

There are many reasons for someone to have an alt. Some people have them for RPG, others have them for personal reasons, some people I know have alts for when they want to contribute the adult section of the wiki...it depends.

Not me though.

>_>

<_<

O_O

#19 Edited by laflux (15316 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Icarusflies (12490 posts) - - Show Bio

I have about 130 alts for RPGing.

#21 Posted by laflux (15316 posts) - - Show Bio

Only got this one. Figured having two of me would be too much for comicvine to take!

Probably just as well. Your alt Accounts would all fall before my might

#22 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Hellos is over 9000.

#23 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17858 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

There are many reasons for someone to have an alt. Some people have them for RPG, others have them for personal reasons, some people I know have alts for when they want to contribute the adult section of the wiki...it depends.

Not me though.

>_>

<_<

O_O

Do you have an alt?

#24 Posted by BumpyBoo (8467 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17858 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by BumpyBoo (8467 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17858 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by BumpyBoo (8467 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17858 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by BumpyBoo (8467 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17858 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by BumpyBoo (8467 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Yup, that other pic was a random one I pilfered from Google. This is my true likeness!! >:D

#34 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17858 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Yup, that other pic was a random one I pilfered from Google. This is my true likeness!! >:D

Make no wonder you did,I mean if I looked like that Id try to fake my appearance

#35 Posted by BumpyBoo (8467 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I don't know what you mean! Butters is a handsome lil' dude! And a pimp O_o

#36 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17858 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@mrdecepticonleader: I don't know what you mean! Butters is a handsome lil' dude! And a pimp O_o

Ha ha,I don't watch South Park but whatever you say :)

#37 Posted by BumpyBoo (8467 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17858 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@mrdecepticonleader: If he had a spin off, I would watch it. Butters is a legend :D

They are planning to bring one out I think.

#39 Posted by BumpyBoo (8467 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: They seriously should! And I should stop trying to turn this into a Butters respect thread XD

*generic comment about alts*

:P

#40 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17858 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@mrdecepticonleader: They seriously should! And I should stop trying to turn this into a Butters respect thread XD

Oh you didn't believe me then? It was an early April Fools joke :P

#41 Posted by BumpyBoo (8467 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

Hehe, no, my momma didn't raise no fools :P Admirable attempt though, you almost had me XD

#42 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17858 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@bumpyboo said:

Hehe, no, my momma didn't raise no fools :P Admirable attempt though, you almost had me XD

Okay.

#43 Posted by Krokodyl (26 posts) - - Show Bio

RPG.

Not a lot! Though some people would have you believe otherwise.

#44 Posted by Strigidae_23 (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

RPGing, and I've got eight alts.

#45 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by lykopis (10752 posts) - - Show Bio

I made one to test things in the Battles Forum and omigod, that was a lot of fun. Don't really use it anymore -- pretty much most people knew it was me, anyway. My interactions and the way I communicate is pretty much the same and when I made it, I had no idea what an alt was - not in the sense the term is used on here.

Seriously though -- outside of people having alts for RPG and miscellaneous whatnot, having an alt for the express purpose of interacting with other Viners as another person entirely is creepy. I've discovered a few (I am talking about people who have purposely set out to interact with me in PMs, etc) and it's made me a tad wary of new people I come across. Not dramatically so -- I love getting to know people etc, but come on now -- what is the point of pretending to be someone I don't already know? Why do it in PMs? I don't get it -- seriously.

The thing is, this kind of deception doesn't last for too long with me -- something always gives a person away. At present I am embarrassed for a few who still continue to interact with me as though I am not aware of who they are. I haven't called them out on it, it's gotten to the point where it's just too awkward.

:/

#47 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17858 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I made one to test things in the Battles Forum and omigod, that was a lot of fun. Don't really use it anymore -- pretty much most people knew it was me, anyway. My interactions and the way I communicate is pretty much the same and when I made it, I had no idea what an alt was - not in the sense the term is used on here.

Seriously though -- outside of people having alts for RPG and miscellaneous whatnot, having an alt for the express purpose of interacting with other Viners as another person entirely is creepy. I've discovered a few (I am talking about people who have purposely set out to interact with me in PMs, etc) and it's made me a tad wary of new people I come across. Not dramatically so -- I love getting to know people etc, but come on now -- what is the point of pretending to be someone I don't already know? Why do it in PMs? I don't get it -- seriously.

The thing is, this kind of deception doesn't last for too long with me -- something always gives a person away. At present I am embarrassed for a few who still continue to interact with me as though I am not aware of who they are. I haven't called them out on it, it's gotten to the point where it's just too awkward.

:/

Damn you were onto me! :D

#48 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

Why have multiple account, just follow the rules and leave at that. If you break the rules, deal with it. There's no need to play games, I say, and do harsh things all the time, but I'm prepared to deal with what could possibly come behind that. This doesn't mean that I should use extreme profanity , get banned and rely on another account. That's not being real. it's childish, I will say what's on my mind , because I'm real, and except the outcome.

#49 Edited by Deadite (23422 posts) - - Show Bio

So you can beer me strength.

#50 Posted by lykopis (10752 posts) - - Show Bio