Victory Day May 9th 1945

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

68 years ago today Germany surrendered to the Soviet Union. Happy victory day !

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: 4 out of every 5 german soldiers died on the eastern front. If normandy had failed the war would have lasted until 1946-47. I think germany would still have lost. And most of europe would under be commie control :p

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame:

I think that because if the us and british troops retreated then the soviets wouldn't stop at berlin, they'd take over france and maybe even launch an invasion on britian. That's what they did with the balkan countries and poland. The US and brits were the only thing opposing the reds.

If Germany concentrated 100% on the Soviet union and ended the western front, then i think with clever planning and Hitler not being full of himself, the the eastern front most likely would end in favor of germany.

If they attacked in april then maybe they would have captured moscow before winter like they originally planned.

If the capital of the CCCP fell, it would have been a crushing blow on the russians. They'd be forced to sign peace.

FINALLY ! someone who's interested in this like me ! :D

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Samimista

I meant to reply to this yesterday but I blame going senile on that. D= What an interesting fact though. Did not know it. Can't help but think of Big Boss from Metal Gear since in Peace Walker his nickname is Vic Boss means Victory. I don't think many people know this either (least the non fans of the series) but Metal Gear Solid V has the Roman numeral because of Victory. Usually Hideo's against Roman numerals for main titles but that's why he did it. For Vic Boss.

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame:

".... Would the fighting have continued, though? There were those reserve troops coming in from Siberia. What about all of those resistance groups that were popping up in areas that were taken over?"

This is an interesting quote from an alternate history called "Hitler's world".

"The War in the east officially ended in October 1945, with the Soviet stronghold at Omsk finally crushed by the mighty German war machine. However this only meant that the Soviets would never again be able to directly confront the Reich, but they still had the ability to lead a nightmarish guerrilla campaign against the German-allied forces. Stalin and most of the politburo and military generals fled far into Siberia. With the destruction of Omsk, led to the death of Joseph Stalin and many of the high-ranking politicians and generals, Hitler assumed that Soviet Russia and all the Marxist ideology of Communism had been once and for all destroyed however, remnants of the fledgling Red army fled deep into the east of Asia, and regrouped at the city of Novolbrisk. For the

time being it would be there headquarters and the de facto capital of the remnant Soviet Union. Having regrouped and rearmed, the remaining forces waged a guerrilla campaign which in time would result in devastating consequences for the Third Reich. From sabotage, hit and run attacks, assassinations of military leaders, to assaulting German bases and killing hundreds of Axis soldiers. The German high command estimated there were only about 500 of these so called "rebels", so continued to send inexperienced soldiers to the front. These soldiers were mostly from the ROA "Russian Liberation Army" defectors. Hitler didn’t think that Germans needed to shed blood just for the sake of killing "worthless bandits", and so sent Russians to kill Russians. In time it proved him wrong by 1958, almost the entire ROA was destroyed and now the Red army was launching terror attacks inside the Third Reich.

The United States and The PLA secretly funded and supplied the Soviet forces with weapons, ammunition, and even tanks and planes. Soon it the support got even stronger with the PLA and United States special forces were being sent into Siberia to help train and participate in combat disguised as Russian soldiers. Hitler had seriously underestimated the Soviets remaining strength and by 1960 200,000 German troops had been killed. Though the war was what Hitler fantasised for the German people as something that would keep them on their toes, it began to prove very costly. German soldiers quickly attempted to modify their tactics and execute civilians after every guerrilla attack but this proved futile and only created more hatred for the Reich.

The German army’ brutal methods of killing civilians, building concentration camps and destroying towns and villages failed to dismantle rebel Soviets. What was even more worrying for the German people were the inside terror attacks the best known example was when Sgt Romanov and his famous rebel unit launched an attack inside the Ukrainian occupied city of Zhytomry, they coordinated a successful attack which resulted in the destruction of an ammo dump, an entire army barrack, the killing of at least 45 German soldiers and 15 German colonists."

I think this will answer your question ;)

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just came to 'Murrica and leave.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I meant to reply to this yesterday but I blame going senile on that. D= What an interesting fact though. Did not know it. Can't help but think of Big Boss from Metal Gear since in Peace Walker his nickname is Vic Boss means Victory. I don't think many people know this either (least the non fans of the series) but Metal Gear Solid V has the Roman numeral because of Victory. Usually Hideo's against Roman numerals for main titles but that's why he did it. For Vic Boss.

That is so cool, Sammi!

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Samimista

@lykopis said:

@samimista said:

That is so cool, Sammi!

It really is. ^__^ Can't wait for Phantom Pain. =D

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame said:
@samimista said:

Uh oh! Samimista is going senile! Hang in there, Sami! :D

=D I'll try to! It won't be long before I go into the looney bin though.~ I get to have my own pillow room then! =D

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: =D Maybe Deadpool can join us in going senile! Cherrychimichangas for everybody!

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: I have! =D Deadpool was the best in that movie I thought. ^__^ His game will be awesome too I bet! =D Next month it'll be out. Even more funny that Nathan Drake (another character Nolan North voice acts) has a similar humor to Deadpool. =D

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By blackadamFTW

Just thinking about V-Day is pretty awesome (: the end to the worst war in modern history. Pretty crazy :P

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: Badass ! Though the awesomness of the USSR aside, i still think stalin was worse than hitler. Also the USSR almost invaded us (Turkey) in 1945, and the thought of a world superpower almost invading your country is pretty frightening. O_O

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By consolemaster001

@edamame: I'm from istanbul :) during the 1940's we were practically living in our dark ages, since the government was too busy enforcing a secularism (imprisoning imams and people who read the quran in arabic) than actually trying to improve our nation so we're up to par with the european countries. One of the reasons we joined NATO was because of fear of soviet invasion.