Victims of......

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sparda

Sometimes, a organziation devoted to the ratings of a piece of entertainment will go out of it's way to censor certain parts which may be unsuitable for viewers. This allows some movies to be watched easier with children and family.

Most of the time, it sucks.

So, I wanna hear what are-in your opinion-the worsts examples of censorship ever. Bonus points for generally unknown censors of popular things!

Here's one-the brutal censorship of the animated Batman movie Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker.

Let's hear some!

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Computer games. Australia's highest rating is MA15+ which means the only profane and graphic thing we could have in the games is probably lots of violence and gore. But sometimes that doesn't even work. I remember reading an article where some games (forgot which games) were banned because there was just too much violence and gore; even the MA15+ rating couldn't cover, so it either got took off the shelves completely, or was toned down.

I guess the most controversial is GTA: San Andreas with that Hot Coffee mod. It got taken off the shelves because there was unrated content in there and they couldn't really give it a higher rating because it already had the highest rating possible.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sparda
Ms. Invisible said:
"Computer games. Australia's highest rating is MA15+ which means the only profane and graphic thing we could have in the games is probably lots of violence and gore. But sometimes that doesn't even work. I remember reading an article where some games (forgot which games) were banned because there was just too much violence and gore; even the MA15+ rating couldn't cover, so it either got took off the shelves completely, or was toned down.

I guess the most controversial is GTA: San Andreas with that Hot Coffee mod. It got taken off the shelves because there was unrated content in there and they couldn't really give it a higher rating because it already had the highest rating possible.
"

Yeah, I heard about how the Resevoir Dogs game got banned over there. Ouch.

I remember the Hot Coffee scandal....that was crazy. Jack Thompson has a field day.
Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Resonate

ugh, any and all english one piece translations just piss me off

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sparda
Resonate said:
"ugh, any and all english one piece translations just piss me off"

That's the one with the pirates, right?
zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By zero edge

Postal game got banned in multiple countries

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By warlock360
Ms. Invisible said:
"Computer games. Australia's highest rating is MA15+ which means the only profane and graphic thing we could have in the games is probably lots of violence and gore. But sometimes that doesn't even work. I remember reading an article where some games (forgot which games) were banned because there was just too much violence and gore; even the MA15+ rating couldn't cover, so it either got took off the shelves completely, or was toned down.

"
*cough* mortal Kombat *cough*
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sparda
zero edge said:
"Postal game got banned in multiple countries
"

Most of the time I'm pretty against the banning of games, but for Postal I'm actually kinda indifferent since it's is pretty f**ked up.

Poisoning someone with a exploding cow's head, decapitating them, and then playing soccer with their head is a little out there.
zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By zero edge

hahaha, maybe it's for the best... it might just give gaming an even badder name when someone goes and kills someone and blames it on the game

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sparda
zero edge said:
"hahaha, maybe it's for the best... it might just give gaming an even badder name when someone goes and kills someone and blames it on the game
"

Yeah, that would really suck.....luckily, Thompson won't be able to practice law soon (hopefully), and no one ain't gonna try after that, lol.