#1 Posted by pooty (10356 posts) - - Show Bio

Simply state whether you are a vegan or vegetarian or a carnivore(meat eater) and answer the questions.

For Vegans/Vegetarians:

1) How long have you been a Vegan or Vegetarian?

2)What are your reasons for doing so?

3) Name a Vegan/Vegetarian food(s) or meal that you love.

4) Do you miss any meat or animal products? Which ones?

For Carnivores:

1) How much would it cost for you to go VEGAN for one month? Vegan means no meat or any food that comes from an animal(no cheese, milk, eggs etc)

2) Do you believe that being a vegetarian is healthier then eating meat? If you do, Why aren't You A Vegetarian?

3) What meaty food(s) makes it too hard to go Vegan/Vegetarian?

#2 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16913 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Before I answer are you a vegan?

#3 Posted by Naamah_Obyzouth (3840 posts) - - Show Bio

I have had vegan food and it was okay... But I would rather eat everything. I am a omnivore. That is why I have flat teeth in the back of my jaw for roughage and sharp pointy teeth for meat. Its fairly scientific, and my body agrees with me. I get all of the nutrients I am supposed to, and I don't have to take any supplements because my diet is void of anything that my body requires. I am happy with this, because I don't feel like I am being anything other than what I am supposed to be. Meat tastes good to me, so does fruits, vegetables, and dairy. I think dairy would be harder for me to give up then meat would... And I really don't see any evidence other then people insisting that it is true, that a different diet would be healthier. Not to mention that statistically proven most Vegans don't live to see their mid 80's... How is that healthy I wonder? These are just my thoughts on the matter. I will enjoy a nice vegan dish every once in a while, but I would never go vegan myself.

#4 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3612 posts) - - Show Bio

1. It would cost a lot for me to be vegan for a month since there's a lot of vegetables and fruits I hate like squash and cantalope

2. It maybe healthier to be a vegetarian but I think there are equal merits of both

3. Steak. Fish. and a whole bunch of others

#5 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

1) How much would it cost for you to go VEGAN for one month? Vegan means no meat or any food that comes from an animal(no cheese, milk, eggs etc)

I can't life without pizza.

2) Do you believe that being a vegetarian is healthier then eating meat? If you do, Why aren't You A Vegetarian?

Of course, but, screw myself, in the end, everybody dies, anyways.

Pizza....and pie.

#6 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16913 posts) - - Show Bio

1) I dont know how much it would cost,but it probably wouldn't be cheap and certainly not worth the effort in the long run.

2) No I dont think it is any healthier,meat is an important food so are milk and eggs.I enjoy all sorts of food not just veg and meat.I am an omnivore too.

3) Any meat,since its an important food group.I think been a vegan is irrelevant as well.

#7 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

For Carnivores: It's actually Omnivore as we eat both meat and veggies

IDK but 6 figures sounds nice

yes and no.......there are nutrients in meat that our body requires to be healthy, but they do have pills for vegans for that now so w/e don't care I LOVE MEAT!!!!

Pork Chops, Steak, pepperoni pizza, I'm hispanic so....my grandmothers cooking :)

#8 Posted by Super_C (710 posts) - - Show Bio

1) How long have you been a Vegan or Vegetarian?

Just this summer.

2) What are your reasons for doing so?

Too many to list =]

3) Name a Vegan/Vegetarian food(s) or meal that you love.

Same answer.

4) Do you miss any meat or animal products? Which ones?

Hell nah.

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (36011 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as it can cover my expenses and I can eat a lot of it and get a vegan protein powder for my workouts, I'll be fine.

2) Do you believe that being a vegetarian is healthier then eating meat? If you do, Why aren't You A Vegetarian? Yes, in general it is healthier but the draw back is the lack of complete amino acids in the diet you would get in meats or other sources. But I love the taste of seared death too much to let it go.

3) What meaty food(s) makes it too hard to go Vegan/Vegetarian? Everything. Fish, chicken, venison, steaks, burgers, ribs, lobster etc.

Now excuse me while I go eat something dead and absorb its warrior spirit.

#10 Posted by Icarusflies (12248 posts) - - Show Bio

Since I'm semi-vegetarian (when given a choice I will go with a vegetarian meal most of the time) I'm gonna answer both of these:

For Vegans/Vegetarians:

1) How long have you been a Vegan or Vegetarian?: About 5 or 6 years.

2)What are your reasons for doing so? I get grossed out really easily and don't like handling raw meat. Plus, I don't really care for the taste.

3) Name a Vegan/Vegetarian food(s) or meal that you love. Stir-fried tofu.

4) Do you miss any meat or animal products? Which ones? I'd miss chicken and turkey if I fully gave up meat.

For Carnivores:

1) How much would it cost for you to go VEGAN for one month? Vegan means no meat or any food that comes from an animal(no cheese, milk, eggs etc). Whatever it costs for a months worth of PB&J, idk.

2) Do you believe that being a vegetarian is healthier then eating meat? If you do, Why aren't You A Vegetarian? No, it's not. One loses a lot of vital nutrients that are difficult to obtain through vegan/vegetarianism. But it's important not to eat too much meat.

3) What meaty food(s) makes it too hard to go Vegan/Vegetarian? Chicken/turkey. And sometimes hamburgers.

#11 Edited by Strider92 (15322 posts) - - Show Bio

I have actually been a vegetarian in the past but now i'm back to eating anything. So I guess I answer both sets of questions lol?

Vegetarian:

1) How long have you been a Vegan or Vegetarian? I was a vegetarian for 3 years

2) What are your reasons for doing so? Ermmm a combination of my parents doing it, seeing how long I could stick to something and a brief spout of not liking the idea of eating animals that had been mistreated.

3) Name a Vegan/Vegetarian food(s) or meal that you love. Not really a meal but I LOVE fruit. I'm one of those freak people who would rather sit down with fruit salad than chocolate. So yeah fruit especially mango! Mango ftw!

4) Do you miss any meat or animal products? Which ones? When I was doing it I missed beef and chicken.

Carnivore:

1) How much would it cost for you to go VEGAN for one month? Vegan means no meat or any food that comes from an animal(no cheese, milk, eggs etc) No idea but considering the amount of vitamins you would lack the amount you would have to eat would be more (perhaps even supplements might be necessary?) I have a feeling that it would end up costing more.

2) Do you believe that being a vegetarian is healthier then eating meat? If you do, Why aren't You A Vegetarian? No. It is not healthier. Some might argue it is as good as but there is definitely no difference in health benefits. In fact due to the fact my diet tended to lack protein I had to eat a lot more or I would feel tired.

3) What meaty food(s) makes it too hard to go Vegan/Vegetarian? As I have been a vegetarian before I don't really have an impossible to break attachment to any food. However being omnivorous is a lot better than being just vegetarian or eating excessive amounts of meat as you get the best of both worlds. You just have to try and achieve a balance.

#12 Posted by Naamah_Obyzouth (3840 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

I have actually been a vegetarian in the past but now i'm back to eating anything. So I guess I answer both sets of questions lol?

Vegetarian:

1) How long have you been a Vegan or Vegetarian? I was a vegetarian for 3 years

2) What are your reasons for doing so? Ermmm a combination of my parents doing it, seeing how long I could stick to something and a brief spout of not liking the idea of eating animals that had been mistreated.

3) Name a Vegan/Vegetarian food(s) or meal that you love. Not really a meal but I LOVE fruit. I'm one of those freak people who would rather sit down with fruit salad than chocolate. So yeah fruit especially mango! Mango ftw!

4) Do you miss any meat or animal products? Which ones? When I was doing it I missed beef and chicken.

Carnivore:

1) How much would it cost for you to go VEGAN for one month? Vegan means no meat or any food that comes from an animal(no cheese, milk, eggs etc) No idea but considering the amount of vitamins you would lack the amount you would have to eat would be more (perhaps even supplements might be necessary?) I have a feeling that it would end up costing more.

2) Do you believe that being a vegetarian is healthier then eating meat? If you do, Why aren't You A Vegetarian? No. It is not healthier. Some might argue it is as good as but there is definitely no difference in health benefits. In fact due to the fact my diet tended to lack protein I had to eat a lot more or I would feel tired.

3) What meaty food(s) makes it too hard to go Vegan/Vegetarian? As I have been a vegetarian before I don't really have an impossible to break attachment to any food. However being omnivorous is a lot better than being just vegetarian or eating excessive amounts of meat as you get the best of both worlds. You just have to try and achieve a balance.

Exactly. Also Fish is really good for you. Fatty Omega Acids found in Lake Trout and whatnot. I eat well rounded meals most of the time. And I usually snack on veggies, fruits and nuts. But for my dinner I usually have Fish, sometimes Chicken, sometimes beef, but most of the time fish.

#13 Edited by mikethekiller (8170 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm an omnivore

#14 Edited by Strider92 (15322 posts) - - Show Bio

@Naamah_Obyzouth: Yep fish is very good and something I don't eat enough of lol. I don't really go past Tuna, Salmon and prawns. I'm allergic to shellfish/seafood so I tend to be very touchy about trying new sorts of fish type foods but I still should eat more of the stuff I know i'm good with :p