• 119 results
#1 Posted by The Stegman (23158 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by The Stegman (23158 posts) - - Show Bio

So a buddy of mine on this site made a poll asking whether you'd want to be a vampire or lycan, i thought i'd give it a shot  only with a twist, these are only the vampires and lycans seen in the Underworld films 

Vampire-  

PROS-
 -Enhanced strength, speed, durability , rapid healing factor
-Immortality  
-All senses enhanced, including acquiring night vision. 
-Still possesses all human bodily functions including the ability to mate, sleep etc. 

CONS-
- you cannot go into the sunlight 
-Cannot eat human food any longer, only blood, however you will never be tired of blood and each time you consume it, will bring you bliss and Ecstasy as well as increase your strength.

Lycan-  

PROS-

-Also has Enhanced strength, speed and durability (in both human and wolf form) 
-All Five senses especially hearing and smell are enhanced greatly 
-Immortality 
-Rapid Healing (however unlike the vampire it does not happen on it's own, but rather it takes concentration and effort) 

CONS- 
-Your clothes would be ripped off everytime you change 
-Although you can learn to control when you change, it takes years of practice and hard work  
-You must change during every full moon.
-Weakness toward silver. 

which do you choose??  

#3 Posted by God_Spawn (37349 posts) - - Show Bio

If I become anything like Lucian then F*ck yeah a Lycan.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by God_Spawn (37349 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Lycans just seem more worth it. It's like everything a vampire is and more without the easily obtainable weaknesses. Not many people I know carrying around silver bullets, knives, and throwing stars.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by slacker the hacker (7824 posts) - - Show Bio

wolf

#6 Posted by Nefarious (18784 posts) - - Show Bio

Lycan.

#7 Posted by The Stegman (23158 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: i'd actually pick the lycan too, the underworld lycans were beasts (no pun intended) Lucian freakin chased down a car!
#8 Posted by HolySerpent (12461 posts) - - Show Bio

Vampire. All day everyday. On another note is anyone going to see the new underworld

#9 Posted by The Stegman (23158 posts) - - Show Bio
@HolySerpent: i am, which is kinda why i started the poll lol
#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Lycan. I prefer sunlight, remaining human and transforming into a badass creature.

#11 Posted by HolySerpent (12461 posts) - - Show Bio

Me too. What can I say, I'm a fan. I don't think micheal is going to be in this one though

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: @The Stegman: I heard it completely breaks off from the first 3 films and makes it seem as if it's almost a reboot.

#13 Posted by HolySerpent (12461 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't be surprise if they did that. Only two characters that recongzed from the trailer are coming back. Selene and that vampire elder

#14 Posted by The Stegman (23158 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget@HolySerpent:  

i wouldn't call it a reboot..it takes place ten some odd years after Evolution, Scott Speedman said he wouldn't be returning (although i can't say that i will miss him) so no Michael either
#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Deranged Midget: @HolySerpent: i wouldn't call it a reboot..it takes place ten some odd years after Evolution, Scott Speedman said he wouldn't be returning (although i can't say that i will miss him) so no Michael either

Yeah we'll see what happens. I hope they finally answer what gift Selene got from Evolution.

#16 Posted by HolySerpent (12461 posts) - - Show Bio

What. How come Scott speedman not returning

#17 Posted by HolySerpent (12461 posts) - - Show Bio

The only gift Selene got was enchanced super strength and can walk in day light

#18 Posted by SuperTide (15600 posts) - - Show Bio

Lycan simply bc ive never been into vampires.
#19 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Was about to say, Lycan's are badass. Lycan/Werewolf, always! Overall seem superior to Vampires and are more fun.

#20 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Vampire, and no, not the Twilight kind.

#21 Posted by Obtrusive (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I vote to be human? Will I be laughed at? Im pretty partial to being human, and im very pro human.

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (37349 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@god_spawn: i'd actually pick the lycan too, the underworld lycans were beasts (no pun intended) Lucian freakin chased down a car!

Damn I missed this. Yeah I agree. Plus you basically get everything a vampire has minus the easily obtainable weaknesses ie sun light and the only blood diet. I remember Michael almost died just eating regular food. Sure Lycan control may take some time but hey you're immortal, you have all the time in the world.

Moderator Online
#23 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Vampire-

PROS-
-Enhanced strength, speed, durability
-Immortality
-Can still have sex
-Night vision
-Rapid Healing

CONS-
- you cannot go into the sunlight
-Cannot eat human food any longer, only blood

That is not true at all, some Vampires (that are powerful enough) can live in the sunlight, Bram Stoker's Dracula was able to survive in sunlight but he was weakened as much as a human being.

#24 Posted by GST1976 (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always been partial to Werewolvew...

#25 Posted by HolySerpent (12461 posts) - - Show Bio

For all you lycans at there just know. If I was vampire. The first thing I do you is Kill your kind. There's only room for one dark species. So choose wisely

#26 Posted by The Stegman (23158 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool:  

@The Stegman said:

Vampire-

PROS-
-Enhanced strength, speed, durability
-Immortality
-Can still have sex
-Night vision
-Rapid Healing

CONS-
you cannot go into the sunlight
-Cannot eat human food any longer, only blood

That is not true at all, some Vampires (that are powerful enough) can live in the sunlight, Bram Stoker's Dracula was able to survive in sunlight but he  was weakened as much as a human being. 

Yes...some vampires can, but as the OP states, were talking about the vampires and lycans from the Underworld films only
#27 Posted by Obtrusive (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

I just saw the new underworld movie. I would rather of watched the movie in between this one and the last one. The one where humans clean up the streets and take care of both sides.

#28 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Yes...some vampires can, but as the OP states, were talking about the vampires and lycans from the Underworld films only

... I haven't watched those films, but I am pretty sure that Vampires there are better than Twilight's.

#29 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude that brought up sex, you can still have sex as a lycan...

lol what series has Lycans being not able to have sex? ; /

#30 Posted by Baron_Emo (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I be a mongoose?

#31 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

So a buddy of mine on this site made a poll asking whether you'd want to be a vampire or lycan, i thought i'd give it a shot only with a twist, these are only the vampires and lycans seen in the Underworld films

which do you choose??

1. Who are you talking about?

2. Lycan

#33 Edited by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daveyo520 said:

It's the Underworld kind.

@Vaeternus said:

Dude that brought up sex, you can still have sex as a lycan...

lol what series has Lycans being not able to have sex? ; /

He was just listing it as a pro.

@GST1976 said:

I've always been partial to Werewolve...

What? Do you mean you prefer to be a lycan?

#34 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Lycan because if i die i become a vamp

#35 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

In Underworld 1, they said if you are bitten by one you can't be bitten by the other, otherwise you die. So you can only become one of them. That's why Michael was different. He could be bitten by both and survive and more.

#36 Edited by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Lycan.

#37 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

In Underworld 1, they said if you are bitten by one you can't be bitten by the other, otherwise you die. So you can only become one of them. That's why Michael was different. He could be bitten by both and survive and more.

It's vampire or lycan, not hybrid.

#38 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: My comment was to the person above me. Not about the battle.

#39 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

@majestic99: My comment was to the person above me. Not about the battle.

My bad, I understand now.

#40 Posted by HolySerpent (12461 posts) - - Show Bio

Lycan still

#41 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

Lycan for me.

#42 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Also Lycans just seem more worth it. It's like everything a vampire is and more without the easily obtainable weaknesses. Not many people I know carrying around silver bullets, knives, and throwing stars.

Weren't both vamps and wolves in Underworld weak to silver?

#43 Posted by God_Spawn (37349 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: Well yes and no. It wasn't an inherent weakness to the vamps like silver was to the lycans. A lycan would die if they had a decent amount of silver stuck in them or stuck through them. Only the more powerful lycans like Raze and Lucian were really able to handle it. Vamps could be could be killed by it or any other metal cause they can be stabbed.

Moderator Online
#44 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@majestic99: Well yes and no. It wasn't an inherent weakness to the vamps like silver was to the lycans. A lycan would die if they had a decent amount of silver stuck in them or stuck through them. Only the more powerful lycans like Raze and Lucian were really able to handle it. Vamps could be could be killed by it or any other metal cause they can be stabbed.

Well in that case I choose Lycan. They already have everything that vamps have plus they give me a choice of immortality and I don't give anything up(food,sunlight,etc.).

#45 Edited by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman:

Still pick lycan. I'm just wondering why this thread hasn't received as many posts as my vamp/wolf thread.

#46 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daveyo520 said:

Real Vampire like turn into a bat, turn into mist eat people Vampire

#47 Posted by mike23 (87 posts) - - Show Bio

vampire

#48 Posted by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

I change to vampire now. Seems like drinking blood is really good.

#49 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Lycan still

Since when did you become a Superman fan?

#50 Posted by HigorM (3591 posts) - - Show Bio

going with the majority in option B