Vagueposting (Or...The Subject Goes in the Subject Line)

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Edited By impossibilly

When titling posts, may I recommend using a title that has something to do with the body of the post?

I don't understand the trend of titling posts things like "Why?" "Do you think..?" "Am I the only one?" etc.

Do people do this in the hope that others will click on their post in in the interest of finding out just what this person is talking about? It's very similar to the annoying practice of vaguebooking on Facebook.

If you're wondering if you're the only one who doesn't like the way Peter Tomasi writes Atrocitus, say exactly that in the title, instead of using the vague "Am I the only one?" Obviously don't spoil stories for people in the title line, but please do write clear and concise titles.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@impossibilly:I agree with this. It's annoying when you're intrigued by a vague title and you click on it, and it's just some nonsense that you don't care about.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By impossibilly

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@impossibilly: It's annoying when you're intrigued by a vague title and you click on it, and it's just some nonsense that you don't care about.

Too true. This seems to happen 9 times out of 10 when I click on a vague title. I'm done clicking on vague titles.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By SupremeHyperion

could you be a little more clear on what it is you are trying to share? this is all a little too vague....... ya vague titles or unrelated titles have no place in the world.

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By deadpoolrules

I once used a vague title,it was awful.

Mr_Hudson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Mr_Hudson

Vague thread titles are lazy and terrible.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@impossibilly:I agree with this. It's annoying when you're intrigued by a vague title and you click on it, and it's just some nonsense that you don't care about.

because sometimes thats the only way to get pepole to actually read your posts